It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More evidence that "they" knew about the quake in Mexico before it happened: Yahoo Answers!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I follow perfectly what it says. What it does not say is how they are predicting anything. All your post says is that they have picked locations to gather data sets of a certain size..

I am assuming that they actually say something at the link??

I have now looked around the link. I think everyone here knows what pattern recognition is:

General theory of deterministic chaos. Nonlinear dynamics of the lithosphere and earthquake prediction. Modeling of dynamics of block and fault systems. Algorithms for intermediate-term earthquake prediction and their successful applications worldwide. Hierarchical models of crack formation and application of renormalisation group methods and theory of critical phenomena to the study of seismicity and earthquake prediction. Identification of earthquake-prone areas by pattern recognition approach. This approach was applied to numerous mountain countries, and was recently expanded to active platforms (Siberian, Central Russian, and Indian ones). Probabilistic estimation of seismic risk in terms of the damage to economy and population for the biggest cities of the world, earthquake insurance of rural dwellings in Georgia (FSU), Baikal-Amur railroad, Italy etc. Geophysical fluid dynamics: quantitative modeling of basin evolution. An alternative mechanism of sedimentary basin subsidence has been suggested and applied to North American and some Russian basins. Forward and inverse problems of seismology. Problems of uniqueness and stability were introduced along with the methods of reducing non-uniqueness by joint analysis of diverse data. New approaches to forward problems of surface wave propagation in laterally inhomogeneous media were found. New algorithms for inversion of surface wave data have been designed and applied to studies of lithospheric structure of different regions in Eurasia and of space-time seismic source features of recent strong earthquakes. Signal-to-noise enhancement for a single stations and arrays and sophisticated data processing. New algorithms were developed for signal detection based on autoregressive models of seismic wave fields. They were successfully applied to detection of weak earthquakes and nuclear explosions. Detection threshold is improved by factor 10 comparing to traditional methods used in the West. New algorithms of frequency-time analysis were developed and applied to high resolution studies of dispersion and polarisation of surface waves. Broadband seismological registration.

edit on 3/23/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the Link!
Got some reading to do. Of course this research can't be used by me because they have all the data. It does suggest Earthquakes are not random, and how could they be?? Think about it, there is one earth all connected, nothing is random.
edit on 3/23/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by GLontra

Wrong it's a question.

She is asking. Is it true that...?
No that it's a sure thing.

Your translation is wrong.

My translation is RIGHT.

I never said it was not a question.

The girl (the user is female) made a question, asking if anyone else was aware of the RUMORS being spread that it was a SURE THING that a real quake would happen in the day of the drill, and if those rumors were to be believed.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart
hi op
Title misleading
not really evidence is it sonny jim
and to be frank jim you jumped the gun there
now youve hyped peeps up and another poster said stfu or leave
tut tut not nice is it

actually it is evidence. That word does not mean proof so you know...
It may have mislead you, but it's not misleading in and of itself. Can't blame others for your over excitability..
The OP controls no one elses posts, and the doggy was asking for it.
Tut tut think harder.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
We have a very clear situation here:

A girl ("una estudiante") was worried about the rumors that were being spread in Chiapas about the drill of March 20th being not just a drill, and that a real quake would happen FOR SURE.

So, she created an account on Yahoo Answers on March 18th, 2012, and used this account only to ask if anyone else was aware of the rumors, if someone "knew something" about it.

Another user from Chiapas posted an answer, in the same day, saying that she was afraid as well, because her aunt, a teacher, called her in the phone, and told her not to be surprised if a shaking really happened in the day of the drill.

Then, on March 20th, the day of the "mega drill" in Chiapas, guess what happened? A real quake happened at the exact time of the drill, just as rumored!!!

edit on 23-3-2012 by GLontra because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

hi op
Title misleading
tut tut not nice is it

It may have mislead you, but it's not misleading in and of itself. Can't blame others for your over excitability..
Tut tut think harder.

hahaha
ok you beat me this time lol
my excuse
to many beers and not concentrating
will a public apology do?
Sooooory
dave

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

hi op
Title misleading
tut tut not nice is it

Nothing wrong with the title.

"Evidence" doesn't mean "proof".

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

hi op
Title misleading
tut tut not nice is it

Tut tut think harder.

hahaha
ok you beat me this time lol
my excuse
to many beers and not concentrating
will a public apology do?
Sooooory
dave

haha cool man.
I am drinking a beer too.
cheers

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What are the odds now?

When earthquake drills are scheduled, it's not usual that rumors spread about "not being just a drill" and that "a real quake will happen".

People in Mexico know what earthquake drills are. They are used to it. Earthquake drills happen all the time in that country, because there were some devastating quakes in the past.

So, why in the case of this particular drill, those rumors spreaded so much in Chiapas, including among school teachers, who were told to "take care of their students"?

The odds of a quake happening exactly at the time of a scheduled drill are already of more than one for a million. Now, what are the odds of that happening just when there were widespread rumors that it would really happen?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by kdog1982

I follow perfectly what it says. What it does not say is how they are predicting anything. All your post says is that they have picked locations to gather data sets of a certain size..

I am assuming that they actually say something at the link??

Within that link,they have proven that they can narrow down to within a certain time frame and area when a 7.0 or larger quake will happen.
It is not flawless by no means,in fact they cancelled the one for Japan prior to it happening.

A cluster of "false alarm" TIP's in Japan lasted from the middle of 2001 to the end of 2010 gradually migrating from southwestern to the northern regions: It started with CI #64, expanded in 2006 to CIs #82 then #80; in 2007 #64 was called off and ##80-82 formed a new area of alarm, which has shrunk to a single #81 in January 2010. The alarm can be associated with the failures-to-predict the great 25/09/2003 M8.3, 15/11/2006 M8.3, and 13/01/2007 M8.2 earthquake, each of which were linked by the RTP chains of correlated quakes (Keilis-Borok et al., 2004; Shebalin et al., 2006) to the M8-MSc prediction areas, as well as to a series of earthquakes started with the 2002/06/28 M7.3 deep event (depth 566 km) near Priamurye-Northeastern China border in the back of and outside the alerted section of subduction zone, followed by twelve shallow magnitude 7.0 or larger earthquakes in the area alerted in 2002-2010, and ended with the 09/08/2009 M7.1 deep earthquake (depth 292 km) beneath Izu Islands. The Tokai silent earthquake initiated in 2001 and lasted for many years in the middle of this cluster of "false alarm" could be also physically related phenomenon.

Finally, the mega-thrust on 11 March 2011 completed the peculiar history of the "false alarm" in Japan on the 70th day after it was formally called off (see figure above). Its first aftershocks (white dots) spread along the entire patch of the M8-MSc prediction outline. The M7.3 earthquake on 9 March 2011 preceded the mega-shock by 51 hours and, according to Takeshi Kudo (personal communication), was a suspect foreshock of the expected by Japanese seismologists "M7.5 class Miyagi-Ken-Oki earthquake".

The premature termination of TIP in the 2011a Update of the Global Test of M8-MSc predictions happen to be due to the function Z1 (an inverse of the Zhurkov criterion, which is linear concentration of ruptures) anomaly threshold change from 2407 to 2440 bringing the voting scores from the required (and factual in the 2010b Update) 4:6/4:6 down to 4:6/4:5... A reasonable man would not even notice this change in one of the seven graphs involved in TIP diagnosis, while the prefixed in 1992 "black box" version of the M8 algorithm does.

It is hard to disagree with Prof. Keilis-Borok saying: "The alarm, its premature termination notwithstanding, could have been used for damage reduction."

The magnitude of the 2011 off the Pacific coast of Tohoku Earthquake might be larger than 8.9 (preliminary Global CMT estimate is 9.1 waiting for longer period records). On the other hand, unlike the 26 December 2004 mega-thrust, the rupture in Sendai earthquake is surprisingly limited to about 400 km. This compactness may explain why its precursory patterns were not recognized by M8 aimed at M9.0+, but were diagnosed in advance the 2010 Chile mega-thrust with about 600 km of rupture. The current alarm for M8.5+ in Japan was not terminated in January, however, the M9.0+ and M8.5+ ranges are outside the scope of Global Test of the M8-MSc predictions and could not be considered as documented in advance the 11 March 2011 mega-thrust.

www.mitp.ru...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yes,I do apologize for being a little arrogant,sometimes reading some of this threads,not yours op,but some just make you think think WTF!
But this is not the place for a rant so I will leave it be.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

¿es cierto que va a ver un sismo el 20 de marzo del 2012 en chiapas?
hola soy una estudiante del estado de chiapas y últimamente an surgido rumores de que va a ver un sismo para el 20 de marzo del 2012, pero no nos aseguraron nada, por que otros lo manejan solo como que ese día va a ver un mega simulacro para escuelas y dependencias, por favor si alguien esta bien informado que me diga

agradecería que me respondieran antes de esa fecha

hace 5 días

DerepentLEstranger Translator:

Is it true that there is going to be an earthquake on March 20, 2012 in Chiapas?
i am a student from the state of Chiapas and lately there have been rumors that we're going to have an earthquake on March 20, 2012, but nothing definite. others say that on that day there will be a mega drill/simulation for schools and departments, please, if anyone knows anything more about this[is better informed] , let me know

i would be grateful if i can get an answer before that date

5 days ago

if there were rumors going round before the quake...

on the other hand she may have seen it on a conspiracy/predictions forum or heard it 2nd hand from somebody, maybe even a mexican ats member

remember we had a member post concerning the 188 day cycle and a prediction that actually came true
the debunkers rather than admit there may be something, have been posting troll threads including a big name here and also an asshat claiming one for oct 18, blatantly admitting in the title to having picked the date at random

don't let the debunkers brainwash you into thinking you're wrong/ignorant.

carry on GLontra S&F

edit on 23-3-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: eye roll

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

It's amazing, specially when you see the answer by user "la coco coco", saying that her aunt, who is a teacher, was told that teachers should "take care of their students", and she wouldn't be surprised if a shaking really happens.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

sure but lets not discount the 2nd probability either
as it is more probable

back later as i'm working

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
We need to investigate more about those "rumors"...

I will try to check for more posts in Spanish about that...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Remember that those are TWO different people talking about the same rumor.

And it's amazing that the rumor BECAME TRUE!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Even if they heard it on a conspiracy site, or a you tube video of the 188 day cicle, can the location and drill date be coincidance? I smell somthing funny
edit on 23-3-2012 by Taino because: Bad inglish

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GLontra

I just ran it through the yahoo translater but It's pretty much the same thing that you read here on any of the 188 day earthquake cycle threads

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Just tried to confirm that there really was a "drill" on the same date, and according to this site there certainly was.

LINK

Chiapas Governor 6 minutes before earthquake: “Everything is ready for the 7.9 Richter scale earthquake simulation.”

Good find OP!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by GLontra

¿es cierto que va a ver un sismo el 20 de marzo del 2012 en chiapas?
hola soy una estudiante del estado de chiapas y últimamente an surgido rumores de que va a ver un sismo para el 20 de marzo del 2012, pero no nos aseguraron nada, por que otros lo manejan solo como que ese día va a ver un mega simulacro para escuelas y dependencias, por favor si alguien esta bien informado que me diga

agradecería que me respondieran antes de esa fecha

hace 5 días

DerepentLEstranger Translator:

Is it true that there is going to be an earthquake on March 20, 2012 in Chiapas?
i am a student from the state of Chiapas and lately there have been rumors that we're going to have an earthquake on March 20, 2012, but nothing definite. others say that on that day there will be a mega drill/simulation for schools and departments, please, if anyone knows anything more about this[is better informed] , let me know

i would be grateful if i can get an answer before that date

5 days ago

if there were rumors going round before the quake...

on the other hand she may have seen it on a conspiracy/predictions forum or heard it 2nd hand from somebody, maybe even a mexican ats member

remember we had a member post concerning the 188 day cycle and a prediction that actually came true

the debunkers rather than admit there may be something, have been posting troll threads including a big name here and also an asshat claiming one for oct 18, blatantly admitting in the title to having picked the date at random

don't let the debunkers brainwash you into thinking you're wrong/ignorant.

carry on GLontra S&F

Greetings:

Gotta love it!

BTW, we have witnessed in other places that the doggie's bite actually exceeds her bark; quite refreshing these days, we might add.

... a big name here and also an asshat ...

Ahhh, the power of selective sound bites.

A discerning reader might attribute this quote to a single ATS entity who generally comes out from under the bridge when someone dares to utter the dreaded word, chemtrail or in this case the 188-day cycle, another of its favorite foods.

Whatever. It has continued to evade our very first question to it, so all credibility (whatever it may have accrued to that point) was lost.

Back to a very fine topic.

Did we say S&F to the OP?

DerepentLEstranger, perhaps this is tied to that date in question.

If one were to think that mass consciousness can manifest a "predicted" reality (event), 18 October 2012 will be in many millions of Californian's minds, [color=Cyan]'programmed for disaster' at precisely 10:18 A.M. PST as part of the largest earthquake drill in history, The Great California Shake Out

On Thursday, October 18th at 10:18 a.m.*, millions of people throughout the state will participate in the 2012 Great California ShakeOut earthquake drill!

In 2011, more than 8.6 million Californians participated by practicing Drop, Cover, and Hold On and improving their overall preparedness.

2012 Registration is now open.

* You can hold your drill at any time within 2 weeks of October 18th.

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]
edit on 23/3/2012 by thorfourwinds because: color

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

I really starting to appreciate your style,tfw,one day I will get to know each one of you.if you know what I mean.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join