It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." - Obama. What the MSM isn't telling you.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chalupas

Originally posted by Annee
Good for Obama.

Sometimes there's just a need to be human.

The POTUS shouldn't give his judgements on a local level case, no matter how much attention it has gotten. That isnt the POTUS' job. He knows his words carry a lot of weight -- he knew what he was doing when he said that.

Yeah - - he was being human when he said that.

As said - - Sometimes there's just a need to be human.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I am just glad I didn't have you or the others like you on here as the jury in my case for self defense. I'd be doing time for sure.

Turn in your Ron Paul button, you're a threat to freedom and liberty.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Same thing here. You know what's sad -- I went for a run through my neighborhood last night. I stopped to catch my breath next to a BMW on the street next to ours. The older couple walking by just waved and smiled, despite the fact that I am 6'2" and weigh 200+ pounds, and was wearing a black hoodie with bright white tennis shoes.

You know why I get a free pass? Because I am white.

Look -- I'm not just sad for Trayvon and his family. I'm sad for every black kid in America who will never feel as secure as I do when I go out, because of the color of their skin. I'm not feeling "guilty" about my privilege, but I'd be a tiny human being indeed if I didn't challenge it, every chance I get.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

Everything is in the OP.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
Wow...I am disgusted...wish I hadn't clicked this thread.

I haven't been in these threads much...because I always thought the controversy was just that Zimmerman hadn't been arrested yet...I never new some very sick people thought that this kid deserved to die.

Unbelievable that people think shooting an unarmed kid after chasing him down is self defense...what kind of moron, or more likely racist, do you have to be to think like this???

What is even more disturbing and unbelievable is that there are apparently people that not only think this shooting is justified. But that these same posters are the ones that you can be assured in the future will be whining and crying about America's "police state" while advocating that it is ok for the vigilantes to be the self appointed police that infringe on your right to walk down the street on a rainy night.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
The problem here is this. A Latino man kills a black man so they blame the whites. The whites complain because the government won't defend them when trying to vote and were intimidated by blacks carrying clubs standing at the doors to go in. Obama stirs the pot by calling the young dead black man "his would be son". So people die because of hatred. Listen to the so called black leaders calling for vengeance and blood, why are they different than Zimmerman, full of self pride and prejudice. They're all suspicious of that other guy cause he ain't white or black, or Latino like me. This is sick. We are human beings, don't we get that yet, color and race is just an accent on that fact, and none of it is a bad thing.

How about we dispense with the racial pride and hatred and simply let the law play out. Obviously something is amiss and it will come out. But please, can't this country get their ____ together for once, or how long will it be till we are no longer a country ?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Chalupas

i see you have problems with reading comprehension
among other things

seems to me that you think Trayvon was a criminal on the basis of some facebook pics

get a clue

Why Trayvon Martin is not "America's problem."
So I was listening to a talk radio host here in Philly on my drive home today talk about the Trayvon Martin case. Dude was saying that he has sons who are Trayvon's age and that they are prone to wear hoodies every now and then. "But for the grace of God go I" is what he said. Sorry Mr. Smerconish, with all due respect, your sons would have not been shot to death on that fateful day in Central Florida. Your sons do not look like Trayvon Martin.

This is one of the benefits of white privilege that most whites take for granted. In a "color aroused" society, you don't have to worry about how you will be perceived by Joe Public. I am fortunate enough to be able to go to some very nice establishments, and I am always aware of what I wear to certain places. It shouldn't have to be that way, but it is. Unless you are a famous black person (and even when you are), you just do not get the benefit of the doubt. Those "color aroused" instincts always take over and makes things uncomfortable for certain people. Unfortunately, sometimes the results can be deadly.

Some pundits worry and wonder why this particular case is not "America's problem" and why it is only a black one:

"Trayvon Martin, like so many “suspicious-looking” young black males with similar "fates, did not have that luxury. No one can hide his or her skin color and, in the context of vigilante violence, the false threat of black skin is a uniquely black male problem. That doesn’t mean that those who have not experienced it cannot see why it is so obviously troublesome, nor does it exonerate non-black people from the responsibility of demanding a more just legal system that sends a clear enough message that murders like Martin’s are so unacceptable that they will, for the most part, go away. That lack of joint responsibility may be the single most troubling part of this story.
field-negro.blogspot.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 23-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
My prayers go out to Trayvon's family and friends. This should wake everyone up. Black or white, no matter what your skin color is, we ALL need to unite!!!!
Trayvon, you look to me like you are one cool dude!!! I wish we could've met!!
One day soon we will.
edit on 23-3-2012 by dign4it because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Obama should keep his mind focused on the federal level.

As for the story, zimmerman could have avoided all of this scrutiny if he had just called 911 and let the police handle it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by Chalupas

i see you have problems with reading comprehension
among other things

seems to me that you think Trayvon was a criminal on the basis of some facebook pics

get a clue

Why Trayvon Martin is not "America's problem."
So I was listening to a talk radio host here in Philly on my drive home today talk about the Trayvon Martin case. Dude was saying that he has sons who are Trayvon's age and that they are prone to wear hoodies every now and then. "But for the grace of God go I" is what he said. Sorry Mr. Smerconish, with all due respect, your sons would have not been shot to death on that fateful day in Central Florida. Your sons do not look like Trayvon Martin.

This is one of the benefits of white privilege that most whites take for granted. In a "color aroused" society, you don't have to worry about how you will be perceived by Joe Public. I am fortunate enough to be able to go to some very nice establishments, and I am always aware of what I wear to certain places. It shouldn't have to be that way, but it is. Unless you are a famous black person (and even when you are), you just do not get the benefit of the doubt. Those "color aroused" instincts always take over and makes things uncomfortable for certain people. Unfortunately, sometimes the results can be deadly.

Some pundits worry and wonder why this particular case is not "America's problem" and why it is only a black one:

"Trayvon Martin, like so many “suspicious-looking” young black males with similar "fates, did not have that luxury. No one can hide his or her skin color and, in the context of vigilante violence, the false threat of black skin is a uniquely black male problem. That doesn’t mean that those who have not experienced it cannot see why it is so obviously troublesome, nor does it exonerate non-black people from the responsibility of demanding a more just legal system that sends a clear enough message that murders like Martin’s are so unacceptable that they will, for the most part, go away. That lack of joint responsibility may be the single most troubling part of this story.
field-negro.blogspot.com...

You posted an article on white privelege. Why? I never mentioned white privelege once. It's all bunk and should be kept out of here.

I posted a picture of a man wanting to buy marijuana from him, which is a crime.

A crime is a crime no matter how large. There is no evidence of him ever selling marijuana, however, we can only assume he has a history of trading the substance.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Chalupas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Everything is in the OP.

I said proof not assumptions about the drugs. Proof he was a drug dealer. Also what the hell does being a drug dealer have to do with that night. Zimmerman was also in trouble with the law numerous times but you never brought that up.

What about the claims by eyewitnesses that it was Zimmerman who the aggressor.

How can you say Zimmerman was jumped as soon as he stopped and got out of his vehicle...when his 911 tapes contradict this.

how can you say that the voice on the tape was not that of a young man but a Zimmerman who's voice does not even compare to the one yelling for help. I understand voices may dffer when yelling..but not by that much.

Also show me how Martins right to privacy was not violated...show me where it also states that walking alone at night is illegal? Also show me where it states that another person has the right to stalk another?

Instead of telling me it is in the OP..which nothing I asked for clearly isn't.

Defend your opening post with facts.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
What was a neighborhood watch guy doing with a gun? I think he was taking his job too seriously, based on his actions he likely instigated the struggle if there ever was one, the whole thing sounds like a mistake made by someone who is mentally challenged to me, not saying he was, but it sounds like he was at least enough to do something a normal functioning human being would not do, perhaps high on the little bit of power he felt he had.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Sorry, this post was meant for another person.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Gee wizz take it easy, the facts are not all in and daily new revelations are coming out, don't be a Judge Jury and Executioner just because of mass hysteria,and mob mentality, the ruckus that has been raised is surely enough to promote a full investigation, I am sure all the I s will be dotted and the Ts will be crossed as a result of the situation being put under the International spotlight.

So the Grand Jury will not convene till aprox the 10 th of April, let's not jump too quickly and let Justice take it's course,I know one thing I would not want to be in Zimmermans shoes with so much pressure being applied for his arrest, even IF he acted in self defence I believe his goose is allready cooked, it is easier to throw one to the wolves than have another Race riot.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

Everything is in the OP.

I said proof not assumptions about the drugs. Proof he was a drug dealer. Also what the hell does being a drug dealer have to do with that night. Zimmerman was also in trouble with the law numerous times but you never brought that up.

What about the claims by eyewitnesses that it was Zimmerman who the aggressor.

How can you say Zimmerman was jumped as soon as he stopped and got out of his vehicle...when his 911 tapes contradict this.

how can you say that the voice on the tape was not that of a young man but a Zimmerman who's voice does not even compare to the one yelling for help. I understand voices may dffer when yelling..but not by that much.

Also show me how Martins right to privacy was not violated...show me where it also states that walking alone at night is illegal? Also show me where it states that another person has the right to stalk another?

Instead of telling me it is in the OP..which nothing I asked for clearly isn't.

Defend your opening post with facts.

I'm not here to argue.

Martin's dad claims that the voice yelling for help was NOT his son's. Zimmerman says it was his, and so do multiple eye witnessess. Drugs have nothing to do with his murder, rather, I included the information because the MSM has been portraying Martin as an innocent child. So I would have no goal in argueing that information with you. Furthermore, why dont you tell me how Martin's privacy WAS violated before you start begging the questions. And lastly, you have yet to provde any sources who say Zimmerman was the attacker, while I have provided sources that clearly state my stance that Martin was the attacker

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Could I ask if you think that the reason whites tend to fear black men in hoodies coming at them is because they are black or because of televised crime reports ? I know if it were a white man or black man coming my way looking suspicious to me, my self defense fear would be aroused and I would cross the street. The color of the skin means little. That being said, the crime was that Zimmerman could have avoided what he thought was a threat but instead followed Trayvon, and for that reason alone he should be prosecuted for murder. Not because he was a white man who did the crime. If it were black on black I would want him prosecuted.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I would like the Op to stop making things up.

Martin was a known drug dealer. Martin jumped Zimmerman as soon as he got out of his vehicle. Martin was the aggressor.

Martin was a criminal and the shooter was a great citizen of the US of A ...well besides the other violent crimes he was arrested for.

Also this thread would have been totally different if it was a white kid....the same people cheering for Zimmerman would have been bringing up Mexicans and immigration law..etc.

So OP where are the facts.
edit on 23-3-2012 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Your part of the problem, not the solution. You use an example of you being white in a white neighborhood, please. And this case involves a Hispanic and a Black. I understand you need the world to know your warm fuzzy feelings of racial equalities, but when comparing apples to oranges it gets a lil murky.

Now, please before we pass sentence onto anyone, can we at least have a hearing? No one on this site, unless you happen to be a eye witness, knows anything for sure.

And to the Obama situation, it was totally irresponsible of him to make such comments...fuel for the fire. He should be held personally accountable for any reactions that stem from it. But really, could we accept anything less from the attention whore?
edit on 23-3-2012 by HereAgainGoneTomorrow because: oopppss...my bad, made an error, lol

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
I would like the Op to stop making things up.

Martin was a known drug dealer. Martin jumped Zimmerman as soon as he got out of his vehicle. Martin was the aggressor.

Martin was a criminal and the shooter was a great citizen of the US of A ...well besides the other violent crimes he was arrested for.

Also this thread would have been totally different if it was a white kid....the same people cheering for Zimmerman would have been bringing up Mexicans and immigration law..etc.

So OP where are the facts.
edit on 23-3-2012 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN

Everything is in the OP. And you are comparing two horrible scenarios. Stop that.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join