It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." - Obama. What the MSM isn't telling you.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chalupas

Speculation does't make for a good discussion.

First off, why i am walking around at night is no one's business but my own.

Secondly, if I am by myself and a guy pulls up in a car, you run.

You speak like a spoiled american who has no idea what it is like to live in a less then ideal neighborhood.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

when you come up with some real sources, let me know. Then we can have a discussion.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

when you come up with some real sources, let me know. Then we can have a discussion.

Have you not read the police reports and eye witness accounts?

All evidence leads to the conclusion that Martin had assualted Zimmerman prior to the shooting.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by MrWendal

Nothing. The only thing I could do is coordinate with my neighbors better and make sure someone is on watch to observe every single minute of every single day, which is an impossible task.

You say "nothing" but then go on to say how you would co-ordinate to beef up security, as it was the night shift zimmerman was alone. He was wrong to go after him but I still think it didn't warrant getting attacked when all he wanted to do was keep his neighbors safe.

Your presumption is incorrect. Trayvon ran away, Zimmerman followed him in a car at first (as far as we know) later getting out to follow on foot. Trayvon was also on the phone at the time with his girlfriend. He told her he was being followed. She told him to run. According to her report, he remained on the phone with her until Zimmerman made contact at which point the phone went dead.

What presumption? I haven't made any here. You presumed he followed him in the car but now you say as far as we know? I would say he should of listened to his girlfriend, or as I said bang on some doors and scream for help if he was that scared.

As far as the audio. I do not know. That is the 911 call that has been released to the media. I make nothing of the claim that Trayvon stood there looking at him or staring at him or approaching him. For starters, we do not know how far Zimmerman is away from Trayvon. All we know is that Zimmerman was following Trayvon. If Zimmerman is still a good distance away at the point this takes place, this could be a case of Trayvon simply looking back and wondering why he is being followed by a Stranger. Getting a look at the car who is following him, trying to see the man in the car. Again, he was on the phone with a girl claiming "someone is following me". Zimmerman sounds very scared at that point, and as he says in the 911 call, at that point he had already decided that Trayvon was on drugs and "up to no good". Which is a complete assumption on his part since he has made no contact with Trayvon other than following him.

It seemed from the audio that zimmerman was not in a car at the time, but I can't be sure... He did repeat several times that the trayvon was standing there staring at him. Not walking away and looking back... It doesn't fit someone that is scared. But yes zimmerman was defo jumping to conclusions it seems, and perhaps profiling.

Weather or not it deserves a physical attack is up for debate. I would suggest thinking of it this way....

"On the night of March 17, 2011 a 17 year old boy is walking alone at night. He is being followed by a stranger in a car. He attempts to run away, but the stranger follows him."

If we were talking about a completely different case, how hard would it be to imagine the next line in that story is,

"He was then caught and kidnapped, if you have any information on this case please contact...."

Hmmm well this part is strange, of-course if zimmerman attempted to kidnap the guy (put hands on him) trayvon was well within his rights to attack. Though I don't think that's what he had planned as he was calling the police. Yes trayvon wouldn't of known his intentions but he could of asked at a safe distance before letting the fists fly.

In my opinion there is no "somewhat" about it. He did provoke the situation and weather or not he was attacked is up for debate. Assuming that he was attacked, I would suggest at that point it was already too late. The situation was already escalated to a point where it was only going to end badly and with one or both being hurt.

Yes he provoked the situation but what he did (following trayvon) is hardly the crime of the century and it could of been dealt with by asking what he wanted first.

It's hard and it's a shame.

Edit: sorry dude I'm crap at this quoting lark.

edit on 23-3-2012 by mee30 because: had something to add

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Chalupas is just racist and wants to find a way to make the black kid look bad.

There are plenty of links/replies/videos that invalidate your claim.

ATS is looking more and more like stormfront everyday. When I signed up in 2004 I never heard so much racist garbage. But in the last year it has went down hill.

[citation needed]
Show me the links and videos that claim that Zimmerman shot this man just because.

Zimmerman is innocent; he was attacked; he shot out of self defense. No one is being racist -- there is an innocent man being convicted by millions of people nation wide.Yes, the death was tragic. But Zimmerman is innocent.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Eyewitness accounts don't mean anything and you don't know their affiliation to the shooter.

And no, I am not reading some random police report that was faxed through fedex on a random site.

so once again, when you come up with legit sources, let me know.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Eyewitness accounts don't mean anything and you don't know their affiliation to the shooter.

And no, I am not reading some random police report that was faxed through fedex on a random site.

so once again, when you come up with legit sources, let me know.

Wow...
I never knew someone would actually says that eye witnessess and official police reports are not considered legitmate sources.

Well, I'm afraid that is all you have until time machines, buddy.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Chalupas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Do is deserve to get shot for walking down the street with a hoodie on?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Trayvon Martin case: 'Blacks are under attack,' says Jesse Jackson

www.latimes.com...

Jackson said that there is a mistaken assumption in some corners of America that all racial problems went away with the election of President Obama. "There was this feeling that we were kind of beyond racism," he said. "That's not true. His victory has triggered tremendous backlash."

He added: "Blacks are under attack." African American families are facing record home foreclosures and unemployment. Their children are burdened with student loan debt. States, particularly conservative ones, are passing voter laws that leaders know will disenfranchise blacks and other minorities. Meanwhile, the nation's prisons are brimming with black faces, he said, and their numbers that suggest that the legal system is quicker to send blacks to prison than whites.

Sounds like most of the attacks he speaks of are coming through the government. Other races face issues of unemployment, student loan debt and foreclosures, too.

So I hope this anger is directed to the organizations causing the problems and not that it become a white/black/hispanic issue. I think the root of it is a citizen/government problem.

Yes, there is racial prejudice that still exists between some blacks, hispanics and whites. It's really sad because racism, the irrational hatred that accompanies it, is ignorant and unfortunately, you can never convince a racist that he/she is wrong. That is my opinion.

That being said, I hope anyone with an agenda to fuel more racism does not use this young man death as their soapbox.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chalupas

Speculation does't make for a good discussion.

First off, why i am walking around at night is no one's business but my own.

Secondly, if I am by myself and a guy pulls up in a car, you run.

You speak like a spoiled american who has no idea what it is like to live in a less then ideal neighborhood.

And you speak like a pretentious, arrogant, person with a "holier than thou" complex!

A normal person does not run away when approached! None of this is speculation!

I am not the one with race issues making stuff up about a victim to try to prove my case.

Speaking of arrogance Mr. spoiled American, You do not speak for people who actually live on the other side of the tracks and DETERMINE, what they would or wouldn't do.

I have not made anything up. I have provided a source for everything I have said.

I'm not speaking for anyone but myself. That is why I go the extra mile and see the other side of the story first.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Do is deserve to get shot for walking down the street with a hoodie on?

No, you don't; and no one is saying you should.

Trayvon Martin was not shot just because. He was shot out of self defense. Have you read the police reports and eye witness accounts?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

A RANDOM GUY SHOT A KID FOR NO REASON.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?, THIS IS

MURDER?

Trayvon was looking for is dad, because his dad works in the gated community. [

CAN YOU STOMACH HEARING THAT? HE'S SCREAMING FOR HELP WHILE GETTING SHOT
edit on 23-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Thanks for this post as I wasn't aware that people scream for help when they're shot even if they instigated the shooting or not.
edit on 23-3-2012 by oniraug because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Apparently its normal to go for a walk in the night to buy skittles and ice tea .

Yeah, it's pretty freakin' normal to walk in the night. People all over the country walk to stores after dark all the time to buy things, from skittles to candy bars to sodas, to iced teas to anything else a store sells when that store is open and selling.

Oh wait, but he's a black kid with a hoodie, and why would *he* be buying skittles and iced tea after dark?...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

You can claim that your goofy website is a legitimate source all you want, but it doesn't make it so.

And you have yet to provide a legitimate one which means you don't have one.

Eyewitness accounts are tools, not evidence.

And here is the exact reason why:

In 1984 Kirk Bloodsworth was convicted of the rape and murder of a nine-year-old girl and sentenced to the gas chamber—an outcome that rested largely on the testimony of five eyewitnesses. After Bloodsworth served nine years in prison, DNA testing proved him to be innocent.

scientificamerican

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Yea, his racism became pretty apparent when he promoted the kid from football star to gangbanger in two pages.He is making sure he hits ALL the stereotypes.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence

Apparently its normal to go for a walk in the night to buy skittles and ice tea .

Yeah, it's pretty freakin' normal to walk in the night. People all over the country walk to stores after dark all the time to buy things, from skittles to candy bars to sodas, to iced teas to anything else a store sells when that store is open and selling.

Oh wait, but he's a black kid with a hoodie, and why would *he* be buying skittles and iced tea after dark?...

Have you not read the eye witness and police reports of him walking around peering into houses ?

Hence the reason he ran when the car pulled up.

I go running all the time, but cmon. What person with no qualms who is out just buying snacks is going to run away from the neighborhood watchman?

I'm not saying he commited any crimes, but this does give a reason as to why he was out at night while it was raining.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Liquesence

Yes, it is called drunk munchies and we raided the conveinance store at 1 am about every weekend.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join