It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." - Obama. What the MSM isn't telling you.

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

A little search found me this:

A family spokesman says slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin was suspended from school last month for having a baggie that contained marijuana residue in his book bag.

ABC News

Trayvon, 17, was suspended by Miami-Dade County schools because traces of marijuana were found in a plastic baggie in his book bag, family spokesman Ryan Julison said.

Detroit Free Press

According to these sources, Trayvon's family says it is so.

edit on 27-3-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
update zimmerman has been recieving death
threats this is sick zimmerman death threats
Thats right folks lynch mob is out in full swing!
This is america INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
From my post above, and other recent revelations, we see the picture of (twelve-ish) Trayvon tarnishing a little.

I know that I saw stories, reportedly from the school that Trayvon was suspended for a violation that was more akin to trespass, now his own family says it was illegal drugs.

Someone was lying, or is lying.

Why?
What else is there left to find out?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

It doesn't matter if you think that his actions were justifiable.
It doesn't matter that I think they were not.
It doesn't matter what anybody in this thread thinks.

Fact#1. Zimmerman killed someone.

Fact#2. He is going to pay for that, in one way or another.

• He may pay for it by serving time.
  • He may pay for it through a fear, that causes him to be constantly looking over his shoulder, for possibly years to come.
  • Or many other numerous possibilities between those two.

Just an honest opinion:
    [color=FFFA78]If he does not go to court, there is a high probability for more violence to come, because of the events that occurred on that fateful night.

Quote all of the laws that you want to. None of those laws will change the fact that he took a life, and that he did so under highly questionable & controversial circumstances.

Some people can't just shrug that off, and forget about it.

edit on 3/27/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

• posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:29 AM
    link   
    reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy

A family spokesman says slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin was suspended from school last month for having a baggie that contained marijuana residue in his book bag.

ABC News

Trayvon, 17, was suspended by Miami-Dade County schools because traces of marijuana were found in a plastic baggie in his book bag, family spokesman Ryan Julison said.

Detroit Free Press

and?

Why?
    What else is there left to find out?
    If you dig a little deeper, you may be able to find out that neither possession of marijuana, nor trespassing, are punishable by death.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:44 AM
    link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS
    reply to post by BrokenCircles

Did Trayvon walk through the front gate? Or did he take a short cut and hop over the wall? Maybe that is why Zimmerman was suspicious. Remember this was a gated community, and Zimmerman was a part of that gated community. Seeing something out of the ordinary will strike suspicion.
    He didn't enter the area in a body-bag.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:54 AM
    link   

If you dig a little deeper, you may be able to find out that neither possession of marijuana, nor trespassing, are punishable by death.

If you remember Trayvon has been presented as a slightly built boy that had a great record in school and a bright future before him.

That he was suspended from school was initially denied, then it was denied that he had been suspended for possessing marijuana on school grounds. Now it turns out that his family is admitting that he was indeed suspended for marijuana possession on school grounds.

At no point did I say that marijuana possession is a crime punishable by death.

You are simply trying to steer this away from the fact that the squeaky clean Trayvon doesn't exist anymore.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 08:56 AM
    link   

and?
    AND?

And Trayvon's lying family initiallysaid that his suspension was for tardiness.

Does it make them easy to believe?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:26 AM
    link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Is he is prison without a trial?

No.

Because this is the United States.. where this man that shot a kid is INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY.

That is a legal standard, not one that the public has to like in every instance. He is being protected under the same law he may very well have violated. That child will never be able to be proven guilty of any crime, because Zimmerman killed him.

Where is his justice?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 11:18 AM
    link   

So in your opinion, screw justice, screw it all. Zimmerman had and has no right to self defense.

Is that what you are saying?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:09 PM
    link   

Originally posted by poet1b

So in your opinion, screw justice, screw it all. Zimmerman had and has no right to self defense.

Zimmerman gave up his right to a claim of self defense when he engaged in pursuit of a minor after being told not to by police. He either actively engaged in a scenario deemed to be dangerous, or created the danger himself.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:32 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Furbs

Zimmerman gave up his right to a claim of self defense when he engaged in pursuit of a minor after being told not to by police
    hate to ask this again, but since when is a 911 operator a police officer?

Anyway, the operator advised against it, he wasn't told 'not to'.

Oh, and you make mention of Martin being a minor. How was Zimmerman to know that he was a minor? He was over 6 feet tall. No one thinks he should have asked any questions of Martin, so how could he find out that he was a minor.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:36 PM
    link   

reply to post by Furbs

Zimmerman gave up his right to a claim of self defense when he engaged in pursuit of a minor after being told not to by police
    hate to ask this again, but since when is a 911 operator a police officer?

Anyway, the operator advised against it, he wasn't told 'not to'.

Dispatchers have certain protocols to follow. I know because my brother was a dispatcher.

Who "designs" those protocols?

Neighborhood watch also have protocols. One is - observe only - - do not confront.

I suspect this will definitely be debated in trial.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:42 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Annee

Dispatchers have certain protocols to follow. I know because my brother was a dispatcher.
    So you are fully aware then that your brother was NOT a police officer when he was a dispatcher.

That's good. Since there is a difference.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:44 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by poet1b

Zimmerman gave up his right to a claim of self defense when he engaged in pursuit of a minor after being told not to by police. He either actively engaged in a scenario deemed to be dangerous, or created the danger himself.

Really getting sick and tired of these types of comments.

Let's do a little role-playing, shall we? o.k. good.

I'm going to punch you (regardless of what made me do it) and knock you to the ground, then I'm going to beat you and smash your head over and over again into the sidewalk. What are you going to do? Are you going to lie there and hope it ends real soon? Are you going to fight back? Are you going to feel as if your life is in danger?

Now, let's say you have a weapon you are licensed to carry at your side. And let's say the person beating you sees it and goes for it. Are you going to think rationally, "oh, he probably just wants to look at it" as he continues to beat you? Or, do you think for a split second the thought, "my god, he's going to kill me" will cross your mind.

And as you are being beaten by someone who is more fit and heavier than you and clearly has the advantage and is now going for your weapon, would you even question for one second whether or not you should protect yourself? Or are you a martyr who wants and deserves to die.

I would venture to bet, based on our hierarchy of needs, that self-preservation would take control and that survival part of your medulla oblongata would have you grab your weapon and fire it in the direction of your attacker.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:49 PM
    link   

reply to post by Annee

So you are fully aware then that your brother was NOT a police officer when he was a dispatcher.

That's good. Since there is a difference.

I know who he was employed by - - and who set up the protocols.

He was working as an extension of law enforcement.

Now its up up to the courts to decide - - - isn't it?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:53 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Annee

He was working as an extension of law enforcement.

He probably also took calls for fires.
    Does that make him a firefighter?

He would have taken calls for accidents and injuries..... Was he an EMT also?

What about when a drunk miss-dialed 911, would he be a bartender then?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:54 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Freenrgy2

You scenario doesn't make sense.

Why am I following someone larger than myself that I believe is a criminal?

Why did I follow closely enough to be able to be struck by said individual?

How did said individual know I was carrying a gun unless it was exposed?

Could said individual be frightened for his life because some man with a gun that he doesn't know is harassing him?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
    link   

reply to post by MrWendal

ABC News

Detroit Free Press

Thanks for the link. I stand corrected. This is pretty interesting. I have to wonder why the school lied then because at first they claimed that Martin was suspended for 10 days due to being in an unauthorized area of the school and that his suspension had nothing to do with any criminal activity or violence of any kind. That being said, I find the talk of residue to be strange. Possession of marijuana has no limit on quantity. Even residue is a possession charge. Possession of Marijuana is a crime so that would qualify as criminal activity. Therefor the school lied.

Even still, marijuana has nothing to do with his death. It would not matter if he was selling coc aine on school grounds, at the time of his death Zimmerman did not know Martin was suspended from school. He did not know why he was suspended from school. Plus Martin was not found with drugs on him at the time of the shooting. No drugs, no residue, nothing but Skittles, Iced Tea, a phone and a few bucks.

So what is the point?
    edit on 27-3-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:55 PM
    link   

Originally posted by Furbs

When does a person give up their right to claim anything?

It may not "stick" - - but he still has full rights.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join