It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." - Obama. What the MSM isn't telling you.

page: 61
<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Originally posted by poet1b

[color=A9FCAC]If had TM simply continued on his way to his father's girlfriends house instead of confronting GZ about watching him, he would still be alive. We know from his girlfriends testimony, that TM confronted GZ.

Or [color=A9FCAC]TM could have done the intelligent thing, told GZ that we was staying at a friends house, and returning to that place.

[color=A9FCAC]Make up your mind. Which one is it?

You blame Trayvon for not walking away.
You blame Trayvon for not approaching Zimmerman, and starting a conversation.

Yet you cannot even fathom the possibility that maybe, just maybe, the one with the loaded gun could be partly to blame?

edit on 3/26/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Being the GZ called the police, it is [color=FCF2CA]a strong indicator that he had no intention of confronting TM, only of keeping an eye on him.

.....GZ calls the police, which is [color=FCF2CA]a clear indication that he does not intend on confronting TM. He is calling for the local police to deal with the situation.

That is more of an assumption, than an indication, because it can be interpreted differently.

That particular detail could mean that he had already been thinking about this scenario, and planned ahead. By calling 911, he could have thought that it was a way to cover his back, and make it more believable that it was self-defense. He could have gone over it play by play, numerous times, in his head.

[color=FCF9A2]Do you think this was the first night that he decided to cruise around the neighborhood with his loaded gun?

I have a good idea of one thing that you will probably say, so I will go ahead and respond to it:

No. I am not jumping to conclusions. I am stating possibilities.

It is you who are jumping to conclusions by standing so firmly behind your belief that Zimmerman had absolutely no intentions of confronting Trayvon.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Again those pesky rules...many of the gated communities do not allow that..

my dad lives in one in Fl and he has to be with me at all times, people will ask you who you are what you are doing there, who are you visiting...THAT is what you pay...safety. I don't know about this one....but the kid was a stranger and Zimmerman had the right to ask who he was....his father is not a resident either from what I see.

Not liking the rules or the law doesn't mean they are wrong.

he does not have the right to ask who he is. no one has the right to ask you who you are except the police in specific situations. Homeowners association rules do not trump the law. I can drive through your community, I can walk through it, i can visit a friend.

If I tell you no, what are you going to do? hit me? Call the police, what are they going to do when I tell them I live with a friend in the house in your community? Nothing?

Unless it is specific private property you can do nothing. We have many homeowners associations in our area.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by takaris7

he does not have the right to ask who he is. no one has the right to ask you who you are except the police in specific situations. Homeowners association rules do not trump the law. I can drive through your community, I can walk through it, i can visit a friend.

Thanks for the hot tip. I have to scamper off to my lawyer to have him file a few thousand lawsuits for me. You know, against anyone (who wasn't a cop) that ever asked me what my name was in a public place.

You said they don't have the right to do that, so I should be able to sue them in court and win, right? Anyone can ask you whatever they like in public, You have the right to ignore them, if you want.

You say that you can drive through someone's gated community. What if they don't open the gate for you? Are you going to drive through it?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Who would do such a thing?
A person in a self-appointed position of authority, and with an overzealous ego, whom is on a power trip.

Yeah, and the point is that if GZ is not "an overzealous ego, whom is on a power trip", then chance that he is guilty drop considerably.

The situation would then have to 5'9" 240 lb GZ chasing down 6'3" 17 year old kid to wrestle with this kid, and then gun him down.

Except all the evidence shows that GW isn't all that much on a power trip, just your average neighborhood busy body calling the police all the time, and most neighborhoods have one. We have a non-violent resisting arrest, and some domestic dispute, and no examples of pulling a gun on people and trying to arrest them.

He is innocent until proven guilty, that means it must be demonstrated that he was not acting in self defense.

Oh, and now TM is 6'3" and 150 lbs, but from recent pictures he looks more like 170 or 180 lbs. Big enough to think he could kick this neighborhood watches butt for spying on him.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

He is innocent until proven guilty.....

• Who pulled the trigger?
  • Who got shot?
  • Whose gun was it?
  • Whose property were they on?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Also: ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

• posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:38 PM
    link   

Anyone can ask anybody anything in the US...

You have the right to not answer and walk away.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 05:53 PM
    link   
    reply to post by timetothink

And what if Trayvon did? What if he tried to walk away and zimmerman wouldn't let him? See, we don't know and that is the biggest problem we have in these threads.

I just want to see a real investigation with solid evidence one way or the other. Zimmerman has given his statement Trayvon won't ever be able to and I think that's really unfair and I hope Zimmerman is held responsible to defend his actions. To let him walk away without question is not the right thing to do.

I can only look at the known important facts to base my opinion and those facts are few.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
    link   
    reply to post by CoherentlyConfused

That's why we have to wait for the grand jury.

My problem with this whole thing...besides the tragedy of 2lives destroyed....one lost and one destroyed..

Is people jumping to conclusions, jumping on the race bandwagon, and jumping on whatever the msm feeds them.

Most people won't take the time to look things up for themselves, so they will just follow the crowd.

Also, unless a video tape pops up, there will be questions.

But that is how most investigations go, witnesses, timelines, logic and pure physics...if you are lucky DNA or video.

How often does the person how was killed get to testify....that's life so to speak.
    edit on 26-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:50 PM
    link   

Also Monday, an attorney for Martin's mother confirmed that she filed trademark applications for two slogans containing her son's name: "Justice for Trayvon" and "I Am Trayvon." The applications said the trademarks could be used for such things as DVDs and CDs. The trademark attorney, Kimra Major-Morris, said in an email that Fulton wants to protect intellectual property rights for "projects that will assist other families who experience similar tragedies." Asked if Fulton had any profit motive, the attorney replied: "None." Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

Isn't this interesting...

And this....

GZ's states he was watching Martin because of the rash of break ins in the neighborhood, Miami herald found this out....the police say they have not released this info yet and believe they have a leak:
    Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin :

BY FRANCES ROBLES
    [email protected]
    SANFORD -- Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin was suspended from school in October in an incident in which he was found in possession of women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that a schools security staffer described as a “burglary tool,” The Miami Herald has learned.

Trayvon, who claimed that an unnamed friend had given him the jewelry, was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald.

A lawyer for the dead teen’s family acknowledged Trayvon had been suspended for graffiti, but said the family knew nothing about the jewelry and the screwdriver, calling the information in the report an attempt to “demonize” the youth.

According to the report, on Oct. 21 staffers monitoring a security camera at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School spotted Trayvon and two other students writing “W.T.F.,” an acronym for “What the f---,” on a hallway locker, according to schools police. The security employee, who knew Trayvon, confronted the teen and looked through his bag for the graffiti marker.

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described the screwdriver as a burglary tool.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry, which was mostly women’s rings and earrings, belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:01 PM
    link   

Oh, and now TM is 6'3" and 150 lbs, but from recent pictures he looks more like 170 or 180 lbs. Big enough to think he could kick this neighborhood watches butt for spying on him.

LOL so now we are judging his weight by what we feel the picture looks like and not what is reported? Well I guess that evidence is just as solid as some of the other silliness a few of you have been throwing out there.

Love the last sentence.... Big enough that he could kick the butt of the neighborhood watch guy for spying on him? Do you have any evidence to show us that suggest Martin knew Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch guy? Do you have any evidence to show us that proves that Martin felt like he was being "spied" on?

Zimmerman is a stranger to Martin. In a truck. If we believe the girlfriend, Martin thought he was being "followed" by this stranger, not "spied" on by this stranger. But let us not keep a little thing like "facts" from getting in the way of spinning the story.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:02 PM
    link   

Anyone can ask anybody anything in the US...

You have the right to not answer and walk away.

And what if you walk away, or even run away, only to be followed? Can you then consider that a threat?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:08 PM
    link   

Did Trayvon walk through the front gate? Or did he take a short cut and hop over the wall? Maybe that is why Zimmerman was suspicious. Remember this was a gated community, and Zimmerman was a part of that gated community. Seeing something out of the ordinary will strike suspicion.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
    link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Did Trayvon walk through the front gate? Or did he take a short cut and hop over the wall? Maybe that is why Zimmerman was suspicious. Remember this was a gated community, and Zimmerman was a part of that gated community. Seeing something out of the ordinary will strike suspicion.

Wait wait wait, Zimmerman said no such thing. So why are you trying to justify him with something he didnt even try to justify himself with?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
    link   

Also Monday, an attorney for Martin's mother confirmed that she filed trademark applications for two slogans containing her son's name: "Justice for Trayvon" and "I Am Trayvon." The applications said the trademarks could be used for such things as DVDs and CDs. The trademark attorney, Kimra Major-Morris, said in an email that Fulton wants to protect intellectual property rights for "projects that will assist other families who experience similar tragedies." Asked if Fulton had any profit motive, the attorney replied: "None." Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

Isn't this interesting...

And this....

GZ's states he was watching Martin because of the rash of break ins in the neighborhood, Miami herald found this out....the police say they have not released this info yet and believe they have a leak:
    Multiple suspensions paint complicated portrait of Trayvon Martin :

BY FRANCES ROBLES
    [email protected]
    SANFORD -- Miami Gardens teenager Trayvon Martin was suspended from school in October in an incident in which he was found in possession of women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that a schools security staffer described as a “burglary tool,” The Miami Herald has learned.

Trayvon, who claimed that an unnamed friend had given him the jewelry, was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald.

A lawyer for the dead teen’s family acknowledged Trayvon had been suspended for graffiti, but said the family knew nothing about the jewelry and the screwdriver, calling the information in the report an attempt to “demonize” the youth.

According to the report, on Oct. 21 staffers monitoring a security camera at Dr. Michael M. Krop Senior High School spotted Trayvon and two other students writing “W.T.F.,” an acronym for “What the f---,” on a hallway locker, according to schools police. The security employee, who knew Trayvon, confronted the teen and looked through his bag for the graffiti marker.

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described the screwdriver as a burglary tool.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry, which was mostly women’s rings and earrings, belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.

Read more here: www.miamiherald.com...=cpy

And what does anything you linked have to do with what happened on Feb 26, 2011?

Not a thing.

Even if you find a report that states Martin robbed a 711 at gunpoint, it would not matter because Zimmerman had no way of knowing any of this, therefor it doesn't apply to his state of mind at the time of Martin's death.

No where in Zimmerman's 911 call does he accuse Martin of breaking in to anything. Stealing anything. Not even walking up to random houses. Zimmerman's 911 call only accuses Martin of looking like "he is on drugs or something" and "walking around".

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
    link   
    OK here goes, its been a month now of morning. You americans seem to live by the GUN and die by the GUN. Here we have George Zimmerman claiming to have killed Trayvon Martin in self defence! and its claimed that by Trayvon Martin's parents that it was unlawful killing ?. OK heres my 10p worth. On here 'ATS' there are other threads and ones that include Police recordings of the phone calls involved.
    Now, taking all in to account if Zimmerman was intentionally out to kill a young man, then calling the police first before killing is calculating. Now what if Zimmerman was actually following Martin because really he did feel that he had to protect his neighbourhood, hell man Ive done the same here where I live in the UK minus a GUN for protection and been attacked by the so called innocent one.
    From the other treads it shows a Trayvon Martin as a innocent young teen and some pictures even show him as a toddler but not Zimmerman, the pictures that have been put up as Zimmerman are showing him as a adult ( and a prisoner looking one at that) hows that fair. We need to see what both parties look like as of the day of the shooting not as they were . also the weight mentioned (200lb) I guess is a heavy weight. ? not on the basis of the photo of Martin. it looks like he isnt heavy enough to fight another teenager.

So the out come of this all. I guess martin was killed by mis-adverture by a over-excited Neighbourhood Watch Guy who just happened to come across a mis-guided teenager who happened to have a Drugs bag in his possession, Which I guess is normal in the USA as per ATS forums again.

So lets see some real stuff on here and not racially, Media agism aggrivated speal. Too much sensatiallism. For which the other community can cream off.. sorry for the harsh mis-spelled rant. hey ho
    edit on 26/3/12 by psyclops777 because: name spelled wrong ?

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:12 PM
    link   
    reply to post by TsukiLunar

Wait wait...nothing. I never said Zimmerman said that, but maybe thought that. And I was questioning Trayvons entry to the community that may have raised the suspicion in the first place. Don't jump the gun too hard buddy.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:19 PM
    link   
    1. Zimmerman killed a minor.
    2. Zimmerman has lied about being assaulted on a police report in the past.
    3. Zimmerman continued to pursue a minor after being told to cease and desist by dispatch.
    4. Zimmerman has a history of calling 911 on black youths as young as 9 years old.

I'm not really sure what the problem is here.

If anyone can explain it to me, I would really appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
    link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Wait wait wait, Zimmerman said no such thing. So why are you trying to justify him with something he didnt even try to justify himself with?

I have read about this a few times. Apparently there is supposed to be a break in the wall that surrounds the gated community. This break in the wall is right by the 711 store and Martin used this break to exit and enter the community when he went to the store according to this reports.

This to me also completely irrelevant in my opinion. No where does Zimmermen mention this wall or that he saw Martin enter or exit from this area. If Zimmerman had witnessed such a thing, he would have told 911 about it as he explained that Martin was being "suspicious"... but that doesn't happen. Instead Zimmerman says Martin looks like "he is on drugs or something", that Martin looks like "he is up to no good" and that Martin is "walking around". If Martin entering or exiting through this break in the wall was a reason to be suspicious, why didn't Zimmerman mention it? There is no evidence that suggest Zimmerman even knew that Martin entered or exited through this wall. So why bring it up? Oh yeah that's right, cause right now, today, Martin is the one on trial for his crime of buying skittles and iced tea.
    edit on 26-3-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
    link   
    reply to post by Furbs

The point is minors are killed everyday, by adults or whomever! What makes this story so damn special that the President of The U.S. has to put his nose in it in such a short period of time?

top topics

<< 58  59  60    62  63  64 >>

join