It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." - Obama. What the MSM isn't telling you.

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Chalupas

--Martin is out walking around, talking to his girlfriend, looking at houses, nothing wrong here

No, was not "looking at houses". Houses fell into his line of site.

--Zimmerman, being the neighborhood watchman, tries to pull up and ask Martin why he is out so late.

You obviously do not have the facts. Zimmerman never pulled up beside Martin. The ONLY time that we know he spoke to Martin is when he confronted him AFTER chasing him. FACT. The police recording debunks your claim.

--Martin takes off, running away from Zimmerman.

I would run from Zimmerman too. For all Martin knew this guy could be trying to jump him or something. When people chase you, like what Zimmerman did, then run. I have been told that growing up and I will tell my kids the same.

--Zimmerman calls 911 and begins to chase him

No, Martin began to chase while on the phone with the cops, during which Martin ran. The recording confirms this.

--Zimmerman looses him, and steps out of his car to have a better look around

And that makes sense to you?

--Martin allegedly attacks Zimmerman from behind

So all of sudden Martin teleported behind Zimmerman in the time it took him to turn around?

--A man witnessing it says they saw Martin on top

Yah? So? Martin was winning, that's it.

--Another dials 911 and hers Zimmerman calling for help, followed by a gunshot

What about the witness that heard Martin calling for help? Completely forgot that, huh?

--Zimmerman calls 911, is checked out by a medical staff, detained by police for questioning, and then leaves.

They did no background check, they overlooked witnesses, the did no drug test, they just took his word. Sounds like great police investigation! You do know that it has already been officially decided they mishandled the crime scene, right?

This is all we know. Zimmerman had no lawyer present when talking to police -- there was no need to, Zimmerman was innocent and even the police knew!

Yah, they knew! That's why the Chief stepped down, because the police made the right calls!

However, the only reason Zimmerman would be chasing him is if he had ran in the first place.

When Zimmerman started chasing him, Martin ran. The recording confirms this. I would run too.

Martin's girlfriend can say anything she wants to because Martin is dead.

WTF is wrong with you? You are willing to disregard witnesses that confirm that Zimmerman chased and confronted Martin just because they dont back up your arguement. Proof she is lying, or you have nothing.

In her own account, she says that she heard Zimmerman push Martin, and then the phone cuts off.

She was giving an account of what she thought she heard. That wont be presented in court.

Sadly, this girl has probably made over a years paycheck just on testimony's alone. Funny, because her testimoney holds no water and will not work in a court of law.

No, her testimony holds water she said she heard Zimmerman's voice, which IS a big deal because it means Zimmerman confronted Martin.

Yes, the murder was bad. However, your "feelings" on the case must not get in the way of evidence. The only evidence we have is that Zimmerman was attacked and shot out of self defense.

No, the ONLY thing Zimmerman has going for him is the fact he was LOSING a fight and someone witnessed that.

edit on 25-3-2012 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by BrokenCircles

He wasn't required to follow or approach. The neighborhood watch guidelines/manual he was supposed to adhere to specifically stated not to approach and not to carry a weapon/preferred they remained unarmed.

It was obviously avoidable. Actually easily, he had to go out of his way to create the confrontation as he was inside his car/truck.
I don't doubt that at all, but it is not my call to make.

I was just saying that in my opinion, in order for this to be unquestionably concluded as justifiable self defense, that is just one of the few points that needs to be addressed in court.

I see it kinda like this:

What are these used for......

Is this↓ used for watching or for hunting?

Is this↓ used for watching or for hunting?

Watching? or Hunting?

Watching? or Hunting?

Watching? or Hunting?

[color=63FFA2]Neighborhood Watch?

or [color=FF6363]Neighborhood Hunt?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Originally posted by poet1b

You have no evidence that Zimmerman went beyond his job. Since when is it a crime to ask someone what they are doing in a gated community.
I thought Zimmerman shot & killed Trayvon.
Are you saying that it was someone else?

You want to claim Zimmerman did something wrong because he followed the guy and asked what he was doing there. Sorry, nothing wrong about that.
I don't know exactly what all transpired leading up to the trigger being pulled.

I am only actually claiming 2 things.

I am claiming that Zimmerman should be charged, and should be awaiting trial, where it will be up to a jury to decide whether or not it was necessary for him to kill the kid, as some sort of justifiable self-defense.

Also, I am claiming that you are an idiot.
I will refresh your memory with one of the pieces of evidence that backs up the claim.

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Obviously, you don't care about the facts, like the rest of the crowd out to lynch Zimmerman, for self defense.

[color=E9ADFF]You are proof that racism is alive and well.

Good job of fanning the flames of racism.
[color=E9ADFF]lmao. You are undeniable proof that moronic idiocy is not only alive and well, but it is standing tall and proud.

I have not mentioned anything about the race of either person involved.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

It is a mix. Some appreciated what he did, others did not.

www.latimes.com...

When a rash of burglaries and other crimes broke out in and around a gated community in Sanford, Fla., residents wanted some form of protection. Someone raised the possibility of a neighborhood watch group. But only one resident seems to have come forward for the duties: George Zimmerman.

Clearly GZ was a busy body. He is more a comedic character in this tragedy.

It also doesn't sound like he was a racist, so the hate crime should not apply. Too many people want to jump on the racism wagon.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Too many people want to jump on the racism wagon.

Doesn't help that the agitator-in-chief is in on it....

Ever the master of plausible deniability - "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon".

WTH? Hey look - I'm black like you! Totally pandering to the black empathy vote.

However, his supporters will ignore the racial implication there and think him a truly empathetic guy - he is great!

A President who would rather get a few votes than tone down the racial tension in the country is a douche-bag.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

It doesn't change the fact that he was a self appointed watch leader, he was an Army of one, acting against the advice of law enforcement.

I have a permit, but I don't drive around my town looking for bad people, we have Police for that.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Here is your response to a post of mine.

That is quite an astonishing leap you're making, to claim that shooting someone is all just part of the job of 'Neighborhood Watch'.

Never did I make a claim that shooting someone is the job of a neighborhood watch. That is a gross exaggeration on your part, making you the idiot.

And you ignored my statement in the same post.

poet1b

As to what went down, I personally refuse to fall into the trap that Zimmerman was a vigilante, or Trayvon was a thug. I fell for that when I first heard the story, thinking Zimmerman was a vigilante, but now that I have hear more evidence, it sounds like the media has done their usual job of turning us against each other.

And you did fall into that trap, thus my statement about you fanning the flames of racism.

You did post this statement.

There is no question of guilt.

Yeah, there is a question of guilt, but you want to pretend differently. This whole incident has been made into a race issue, and by ignoring the facts, and throwing around accusations.

GZ is innocent, until they prove beyond a reasonable doubt, that he did not act in self defense.

GZ looks more like a clown and a fool, than some vigilante racist.

So many people want to act like TM attacking GZ for asking TM why he was in the gated community justified TM attacking GZ, and that is not right.

Violence is a last resort, because someone can wind up dead.

This should be the message that comes out of this tragedy IMO.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

Please read..there are two sides to every story.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Given Zimmerman's attitude towards the kid on the phone with 911 we can assume he wasn't quite that cordial. If he couldn't hold his temper and racism back on the phone with them what makes you think he could hold it with the kid? Also he talks about how he was getting away. He could have asked the kid what he was doing without ever getting out of the car.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

So did POPs or any of the Zimmerman supporters yelling about the cops letting Zimmerman go because they knew he was innocent comment on my post (the one I am replying to now) about how a lot of the cops thought he should be arrested and charged? Also, there is a link there about he still may be.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Never did I make a claim that shooting someone is the job of a neighborhood watch. That is a gross exaggeration on your part, making you the idiot.
This pointless bickering is getting real *snippin* annoying.

After listening to the Zimmerman police phone call, a completely different picture emerges. Zimmerman doesn't come off as some crazed vigilante, but [color=F3FCB8]a neighborhood watch doing his job.

Doing your job doesn't mean getting paid, it means [color=F3FCB8]doing what you are supposed to do.

[color=F3FCB8]You have no evidence that Zimmerman went beyond his job.
Like I said before: 'Neighborhood Watch' is not a job.
Even if it was a job, it still would not be a job that requires carrying a weapon.

• Did Zimmerman shoot & kill Trayvon?
  • Whose gun did Zimmerman use?
  • Whose property were they on?

He was doing far more than simply "what he was supposed to do".

You did post this statement.

There is no question of guilt.

Yeah, there is a question of guilt, but you want to pretend differently.
    Zimmerman killed Trayvon. That is not in question.

This whole incident has been made into a race issue, and by ignoring the facts, and throwing around accusations.
    oh goddam man. Enough with the *snipping* racist crap. YOU are the one who keeps saying it.

If you don't think that race has anything to do with it, then why the hell do you keep bringing it up?

So many people want to act like TM attacking GZ for asking TM why he was in the gated community justified TM attacking GZ, and that is not right.
    lazy typing.

[color=FCF760]Zimmerman killed Trayvon. Zimmerman should get what he deserves, which is a fair trial, and a chance to prove that his actions were warranted.

It is just too bad that Trayvon was not afforded the same luxury.

edit on 3/25/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

• posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:26 PM
    link   
    reply to post by AGWskeptic

There was no advice from law enforcement on this night in question, the 911 civilian dispatcher has NO authority it is not against the law to follow someone or ask questions, especially when you are the homeowner and it is your private gated community.

It is against the law to make unwarranted physical contact...so whoever did it first was wrong. The person on the receiving end then has the right to protect oneself as necessary, including deadly force.

That is the law, like it or not.

Here is the link to the official police report:
    cnninsession.files.wordpress.com...

Near the end is the observation by the police officer.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:27 PM
    link   

Zimmerman killed Trayvon. Zimmerman should get what he deserves, which is a fair trial, and a chance to prove that his actions were warranted.

Not according the stand your ground law....like it or not.

www.cfif.org... :
    The Florida law is a self-defense, self-protection law. It has four key components:

It establishes that law-abiding residents and visitors may legally presume the threat of bodily harm or death from anyone who breaks into a residence or occupied vehicle and may use defensive force, including deadly force, against the intruder.

In any other place where a person “has a right to be,” that person has “no duty to retreat” if attacked and may “meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.”

In either case, a person using any force permitted by the law is immune from criminal prosecution or civil action and cannot be arrested unless a law enforcement agency determines there is probable cause that the force used was unlawful.

If a civil action is brought and the court finds the defendant to be immune based on the parameters of the law, the defendant will be awarded all costs of defense.
    edit on 25-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:43 PM
    link   
    reply to post by timetothink

Originally posted by timetothink

There was no advice from law enforcement on this night in question, the 911 civilian dispatcher has NO authority it is not against the law to follow someone or ask questions, especially when you are the homeowner and it is your private gated community.
    So what. Regardless of the fact that the 911 operator is not an official part of law enforcement, it was still the best advice that Zimmerman could have received.

If only he had taken the advice, there is a good possibility that Trayvon would still have blood pumping through his veins.

Zimmerman killed Trayvon. Zimmerman should get what he deserves, which is a fair trial, and a chance to prove that his actions were warranted.

Not according the stand your ground law....like it or not.

www.cfif.org... :
    The Florida law is a self-defense, self-protection law. It has four key components:

It establishes that law-abiding residents and visitors may legally presume the threat of bodily harm or death from [color=B7E8E6]anyone who breaks into a residence or occupied vehicle and may use defensive force, including deadly force, against the intruder.
    This took place on Zimmerman's property?

In any other place where a person “has a right to be,”
    I thought that Zimmerman was in his vehicle, when he first saw Trayvon. And then he stopped his vehicle in order to pursue Trayvon.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:45 PM
    link   

It took place in the private gated community where Zimmerman is a resident....he had the rights...not the "kid".

Yes.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
    link   

Read the rest of the law...there are 4 parts...it doesn't only pertain to your property...read read read.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:48 PM
    link   

It took place in the private gated community where Zimmerman is a resident....he had the rights...not the "kid".

Yes.
    no. Does Zimmerman own each & every lot within this gated community?

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:49 PM
    link   

He got out of the vehicle when Trayvon ran...he "followed" him in order to keep him in site....if Trayvan threw the first punch or "touched" first then according to the law Zimmerman had the right to defend himself with deadly force...that is why he was not arrested.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
    link   

Don't be daft..

in a private gated community the residents pay into a communal fund for perks, safety and privacy..it is considered theirs.....but even if he wasn't on his front lawn, he has the right to defend himself.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:54 PM
    link   

He got out of the vehicle when Trayvon ran...he "followed" him in order to keep him in site....if Trayvan threw the first punch or "touched" first then according to the law Zimmerman had the right to defend himself with deadly force...that is why he was not arrested.
    Whatever you say.

Zimmerman got out of his vehicle, with his gun, in order to pursue a stranger, and for no reason other than the fact that Trayvon looked suspicious.

new topics

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join