It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." - Obama. What the MSM isn't telling you.

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Are we to suggest here that Zimmerman approached Trayvon with an unloaded gun with no intention at all in using it?
Considering he was so confident in persuing Trayvon in the first place?

Well obviously he had a loaded gun, unless he speed reloaded it while being in the scuffle with Trayvon.

Usually someone who is familiar with their surroundings is going to be the most confident individual anyways.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Am I the only one who can see that this is an organized push here on ATS to vilify the victim? All the pro-zimmerman posts are started and supported by the same cast of characters, they all make the same points and they all switch tactics and talking points at the same time when one of their points is debunked. It's obvious and transparant and it's disgusting that the mods do nothing about it.

Oh and btw popsmayhem is banned member boondock-saint.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusdrak

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Southern Guardian

cowards to be used to establish their own personal laws and prejudices.

Because that is how prejudice cowards act, they cannot fight, they have no brains to talk a problem through, so they shot indiscriminately...it’s what cowards do, they stick together through thick and thin… loll, just look at all the cowards justifying what the coward man did with his coward ass gun.

Cowards always run in flocks…its so clear now…latterly!

edit on 24-3-2012 by LastProphet527 because: (no reason given)

How can Zimmerman "talk a problem through" when the 6"3 football linebacker was sitting on his chest beating his face in and breaking his nose?

If Zimmerman wouldn’t of been harassing him and asking for his papers as if the year is 1723 ,then maybe the boy wouldn’t of slapped the sh^^ out of him the way he did, he felt threaten, I would feel scared and threaten if an illegal Spanish person jumped out the bushes asking me questions to.

What would you had done if a Spanish person grabbed you and started following you around like a Korean in a store would a black person.

‘HURRY UP AND BUY’

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoArmsJames
It's obvious and transparant and it's disgusting that the mods do nothing about it.

Oh and btw popsmayhem is banned member boondock-saint.

lol yeah zimmerman is the nazi "asking for papers".

free speech much?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by notquiteright
What makes this case special? There has not yet been an arrest. That's it. Many people are killed every day of all colors and ages. The lack of arrest is the problem here. I can think of several reasons for this (there could be more).

1. Zimmerman is being given special treatment (friends on the force?)
2. There are details not yet disclosed to the public
3. The police are trying to build a strong enough case for a sure conviction
4. It is being done intentionally to incite racial tension

Stop with the mini race war and realize that this is the anomaly of this case.

1. Zimmerman is being given special treatment (friends on the force?) Actually one article I read, can't remember where mentioned Daddy was a judge. Where and what kind, it didn't go into specifics. I'll see if I can find it. It's possible that's why his felonious assault against a police officer was dropped and why Zimmerman was still legally allowed to carry. (Though in my opinion the laws should apply to us all, equally.)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

This goes to cops and WANNA BE cops get yourself into good physical conditioning so you can at least put up a fight againist 140 lbers (no way that kid is close to 200). The guy (embarrassingly) bit off more than he could chew and shot a unarmed teenager.

I seen the boys pics he isnt big and no way should the guy have had to shoot him. Id be embarrassed saying I had to shoot some skinny teenager.

The kid was observed breaking no laws by Zimmerman. NONE. Zimmerman should have stayed his distance and kept his eye on him till cops go there. But no,, he wanted to play big tough hero watchman and got his ass handed to him so had to shoot. I really had no idea you could kill a unarmed person whom you started a fight with.

What did Zimmerman get a busted noes? Oh yeah that justifys killing someone. Heh ....

I will tell you what I believed happened...

I believe Zimmerman approached the kid playing cop and tried to take him into custody or restrain him.. Well once he put his hands on him the kid started fighting and your fat boy zim was outmatched and losing so he shot a UNARMED person.

Zimmerman wanted to be super vigilante and tried to restrain the teenager, started to get his ass kicked then shot the kid.

Now i cant be sure this happened but id bet a million dollars this is how it played out.

WHAT IT ALL BOILS DOWN TO IS IF HE JUST STAYED HIS DISTANCE AND USED COMMON SENSE AND WAITED FOR POLICE TO ARRIVE No ONE WOULD BE DEAD! MANSLAUGHTER IN THE LEAST!

But i got honor i dont believe in shooting 140 lb unarmed kids.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
Zimmerman is an adult and a hefty looking guy. How could a skinny unarmed 17 year old have beaten him to the point where he had to defend his life? It doesn't make sense.

LOOKS PRETTY BUFF TO ME MAN!!

This almost 18 year old man
is not this little scrawny person
they are showing from of pictures
of when he was 12 and 13.
It does make sense.. Treyvon was
attacking zimmerman and zimmerman was
screaming for help...
Zimmerman did not know if treyvon had a gun
or not he is not psychic..

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chalupas

-- "Trayvon Martin was a helpless child."--

On this point, I agree- as far as I'm concerned, anyone over the age of 14-15 is beyond qualifying as a 'child'. This is one of those deals that kinda chaps my backside. It seems like a form of exploitation or, at the least is very disengenuos. Having said that, I don't care if the guy was 7, 17, or 77, Zimmerman gave up his right to 'stand his ground' the moment he chose to go in pursuit of Martin. That to me is going to be the key to this case, and any prosecutor worth his salt is going to completely dismantle any defense tendered.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Chalupas

Although i, like everyone else, want more info, the facts so far suggests Zimmerman was in error in shooting the boy. He sought the confrontation by approaching Trayvon. The fact that the dispatcher, who may not have authority, offered legal advice to avoid contact with Treyvon until the police arrived was ignored by Zimmerman. Had he followed the boy and instructed his observations to the police via his cell phone, Trayvon would be alive today.

Zimmerman did not have police powers and did not work under the color of authority. He approached the boy as if he had the authority to "Detain" him for questioning. Apparently he did not see the boy commit a crime and only had his suspicions of the boy's intentions. Legally, Zimmerman has no more power than a ordinary garden variety concerned citizen, and as such, had absolutely no right to approach Trayvon whatsoever.

The police, on the other hand, do work under the cover of authority. If they have probable cause to believe Trayvon may be involved in a criminal act, may detain him for questioning and look for the evidence necessary to effect an arrest. If no evidence is found, no witnesses statements of alleged criminal activity and assuming the police ran his identity through NCIC and there was no Wants and Warrants, Trayvon would have been released to pursue his business.

But John Wayne Zimmerman assumed otherwise. His actions was stupid. Personally i believe criminal charges will result any day soon. I don't think Zimmerman will be covered by the State's "Stand Your Ground" Law. To assume that no charges will be leveled because none have been done so far, may be foolish. It's possible State Prosecutors are doing their homework before filing charges. Actually, if nothing else, i would not be surprised if he is charged with denying Martin's Constitutional Rights. Regardless, even if he is not criminally charged his life is damaged beyond repair. He will spend a lot of money to defend himself and also he will have to look over his shoulder for retribution. My question to Zimmerman is: Was it worth it?

Having relaxed State Laws concerning guns, and the use of, does not necessarily give you a license to do stupid things. Zimmerman is finding this out as i speak. If you feel the need to carry, at least be knowledgeable of your responsibilities. You only have the right to use Deadly Force if/when you have reason to believe your life, or the life of another is in danger. Martin was stalked and was unarmed. I think Zimmerman will have to convince a jury his life was threatened.

I have noticed over the years many people have false beliefs over these issues. Often some find themselves behind bars as a result. I remember the multitude of opinions on the internet that was contrary to Law in the Rodney King case. Many believed the police was innocent when it was obvious that they was guilty. They were on video tape assaulting King while on the ground handcuffed. Not only was the fact doing such is a felony, but they also deviated from Police Procedures, as they are taught in the academy, that they only have the right to use only the force necessary to effect an arrest. Anything other than that is a crime and it was that point alone that resulted in their conviction.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by sjorges2002
Skittling is slang for dealing- Have you ever heard of a skittle party? I think OP is on to somethin

jorge

reply to post by HangTheTraitors

It is drug-related, but I am not sure about the dealing.
Skittling

I am still looking.
Urban Dictionary lists skittler as a person that prefers pills to other drugs.
edit on 24-3-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Police state Trayvon had a bag of ....wait for it.....Skittles in his hand and Ice Tea. I'm sure this can be confirmed by the gas station. The color of his skin doesn't automatically mean he was a drug dealer. Whites are known to deal, asians too, latinos too. Every nationality deals. Trayvon had no arrests in his record for dealing, therefore he is innocent in the eyes of the law.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
LOOKS PRETTY BUFF TO ME MAN!!

Buff?? He looks like stick figure with muscle tone. He is far from buff.

Treyvon was
attacking zimmerman and zimmerman was
screaming for help...
Zimmerman did not know if treyvon had a gun
or not he is not psychic..

You are right. Zimmerman did not know if Trayvon had a gun or not... which is exactly WHY the 911 Operator told Zimmerman to NOT FOLLOW.

But Zimmerman DID follow. Zimmerman's decision to follow lead to a chain of events which resulted in the death of Trayvon Martin. This is the definition of Involuntary Manslaughter.

Get it yet?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by happyhomemaker29

Originally posted by butcherguy

Originally posted by sjorges2002
Skittling is slang for dealing- Have you ever heard of a skittle party? I think OP is on to somethin

jorge

reply to post by HangTheTraitors

It is drug-related, but I am not sure about the dealing.
Skittling

I am still looking.
Urban Dictionary lists skittler as a person that prefers pills to other drugs.
edit on 24-3-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Police state Trayvon had a bag of ....wait for it.....Skittles in his hand and Ice Tea. I'm sure this can be confirmed by the gas station. The color of his skin doesn't automatically mean he was a drug dealer. Whites are known to deal, asians too, latinos too. Every nationality deals. Trayvon had no arrests in his record for dealing, therefore he is innocent in the eyes of the law.

Agreed, I am part black and don't deal drugs at all.

My point was that the 'Skittles' thing has a drug connotation, but none that I could find meant dealing drugs.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Do you think the boys parents have right to a Wrongful death suit?
edit on 24-3-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
The story is really said. Why would anyone shoot an innocent kid

This song really hit me hard.

Trayvon was going to his father that worked in the gated community. Then randomly shot.

edit on 23-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

You did not read a single thing in the op did you? Not even the police report...

U

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
UPDATE
UPDATE
UPDATE
UPDATE
UPDATE
UPDATE

BLACK PANTHERS - $10K bounty on Zimmerman

New Black Panther leader Mikhail Muhammad announced the reward during a protest in Sanford Saturday. And when asked whether he was inciting violence, Muhammad replied defiantly: "An eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth."

If the government won't do the job, we'll do it," Muhammad said, leading his group of eight party members in chants like "freedom or death" and "justice for Trayvon" while making the iconic gesture of raising their fists into the air

Hmm....Wouldn't they be doing the EXACT same thing they are saying Zimmerman did?
It's like we are really in the stone age. Apparently, a complete understanding of civilized judgement is unnessecary -- I mean, laws, who needs them. Right?

edit on 24-3-2012 by Chalupas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Really Obama...

Your son would have been allowed to walk around, hooded up, in an area known for hooded teens committing crime.

Simple fact folks...

I live in an area where unprovoked violent attacks and crime are carried out by youth all the time. All hooded to look like their hip-hop criminal idols and to avoid identification. ( no other logical reason for it unless the weather calls for it, which is what the hoods were designed for )

If the parents have not taught their children that the image you project IS important. Then that is a parenting fail.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
And the "age difference " argument holds ZERO value.

Our youth prisons are full of violent teens under 16 ( some killers are only 14 ) who beat the # out of grown men.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thedeadtruth

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
Really Obama...

Your son would have been allowed to walk around, hooded up, in an area known for hooded teens committing crime.

All hooded to look like their hip-hop criminal idols and to avoid identification. ( no other logical reason for it unless the weather calls for it, which is what the hoods were designed for )

His dad lived in the area and, it was raining...

There goes your ridiculous argument.

edit on 24/3/12 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I do not understand why people are bringing up his clothes, the music he listens to, his color, height, back ground, etc etc

None of this matters. What matters is what he done that night. And the night he was killed he was observed breaking no laws by Zimmerman.. He was unarmed and shot dead nothing else matters.

Its almost like people here want to justify it.. They are grabbing at anything they can to try and justify the boys death when none of those things are relevant!

Sad
edit on 24-3-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

not sure but was his dad a resident of the gated community? if not, that is trespassing if he did not live there. it's gated for a reason. i live in one with a neighborhood watch as i've said before.

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join