It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." - Obama. What the MSM isn't telling you.

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by Southern Guardian

And Trayvon had no right to attack Zimmerman and punch him repeatedly in the face after knocking him on the ground....you attack someone

I don't give a damn. Zimmerman had no reason to persue this kid but he chose to. For goodness sakes he had a gun, this kid was walking alone down the street, zimmerman confronted him, so damn straight Trayvon had a right to be defensive. I mean who the hell do you think you are? Seriously? Zimmerman confronted him with a loaded gun then shot him, Trayvon was not the instigator. I cannot believe you are trying to justify otherwise.

Why didn't Trayvon just say what he was doing there? Again no personal responsibility.

Oh yes, why didn't Trayvon hold himself accountable to the neighbourhood watchman right? Why didn't Trayvon just take responsibility, show his papers to Zimmerman and cooperate? I mean he needs to show ID inorder to walk down a neighbourhood at night right?

Are we going to make it a requirement for black teens to report to all neighbourhood watchman for walking down the street? Was Trayvon irriresponsible for not answering to Zimmerman? Zimmerman was right in shooting and killing Trayvon because Trayvon didn't show his papers to zimmerman for walking down the street right? I can't believe I'm hearing this.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by rufusdrak
Yes and in observing someone he is allowed to "follow" that person. I might have misspoken with the word "pursue" because to knee jerk guys like you it has too much of a strong connotation of a "chase" which many of you have incorrectly attributed to it. But Zimmerman is fully in his rights as a citizen and as a watch captain to OBSERVE someone and when that someone is no longer stationary and walks away, Zimmerman is still fully within his rights to FOLLOW said person and question them. Walking up to someone and asking them "What are you doing here?" is legal and under no manner of law does it give justification to the other person to brutally assault you and sit on top of your chest while pounding in your face, thus my case still stands correct.

Ok, now we are starting to get on the same page. You are correct when saying in observing someone you can follow them.

Now if all Zimmerman did was follow Martin from a distance, how did they get into a fight?

If all Zimmerman was doing is following, why did get out of his truck?

If all Zimmerman was doing is following, how do you explain the public statements from the girlfriend who heard the verbal exchange between the two?

What does the article I linked to say was the first thing Zimmerman did wrong? Let me post it again...

Chris Tutko, director of Neighborhood Watch for the National Sheriffs' Association, said Zimmerman broke some cardinal rules.

First, he approached a stranger he suspected of wrongdoing.

He "approached" and that is not "observing" is it?

You're right he approached the stranger and thus broke a "RULE" of neighborhood watch, which is not a LAW but simply a guideline. By LAW, Zimmerman was in full legal jurisdiction to approach Martin and question him. I can at any time of the night by law approach someone in the street and ask them a question, that is not illegal. So despite how hard you're trying to paint Zimmerman in a negative light, you have still not been able to indicate one single illegal act that Zimmerman committed.

If you want to bicker over breaking "guidelines", I can throw a ton that Martin broke too. One cardinal guideline: you are not allowed to be in a fenced off gated community where you do not live. Oh but his step father lived there you said? Well then on your way back you are not allowed to LOITER and stand around looking into windows in this PRIVATE gated community, so two can play that game of "guide line" breaking. Yet only my arguments are correct when we speak of LAW breaking because Zimmerman broke none and for all intents and purposes Martin has a history of being a law breaker and a rule breaker as evidenced by the fact that:
1. he was a known drug dealer and
2. he was on a 8 day suspension from school at the time of his death

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I don't think Trayvon Martin really exists. He very well may be a digital
creation, with this being just another fake news story, designed to manipulate
the public.
There is something dodgy about all the photographs available.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by blupblup
Interesting...

www.slate.com...

so what's your point? they appointed him neighborhood watch captain. i live in a community with neighborhood watch. ANYBODY of ANY color who is not from the area has an eye kept on them to protect our community. so if you are trying to continue the ridiculous "he has it out for all black people" train, you fail. you people seem to just want to get mad about anything the news spins.

yes the kid should not have died. yes it's sad. no, it wasn't a hate crime and we don't need to play into this divide and conquer the sheep agenda

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RSF77
I don't see any of those people protesting when a white guy ends up shot on the wrong side of town.

How many of those cases do we see the shooter get released without any charge or accountability? Please, list me the cases, thanks.

link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Well put...

and you reminded me I should be cooking my chicken...

link   
The bottom line is, dead people can’t defend them selves, so Zimmerman can say what he wants to say, and of course, the devils favorite will follow suit, and of course be on Zimmerman’s side.

‘Trashy people will always agree with the trashy evil things people do’

The lord understands what happened, and when its time for Zimmerman to leave this earth, he will die and go straight to hell, with the worst murders ever put in hell that lived on earth, and they will beat him, and kill him repeatedly for eternity, as well as all the people that agree with Zimmerman.

God has no openings in its heavens for racist people or people that agree with Zimmerman’s actions as if the young man deserved to die.

I wonder what would have happened if a black man would have shot a white or Hispanic child the same way and explained the same way that Zimmerman did.

I’m just beyond curious as to how 80% of the posters that had the audacity to star certain people adhd comments ,would feel if it was there child or a white or Hispanic young man, I wonder would the comments be the same.
:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by RSF77
I don't see any of those people protesting when a white guy ends up shot on the wrong side of town.

How many of those cases do we see the shooter get released without any charge or accountability? Please, list me the cases, thanks.

www.americanthinker.com...

How's this one, for your liking.
I guess you won't be posting in this thread anymore, embarrassing!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
The bottom line is, dead people can’t defend them selves, so Zimmerman can say what he wants to say, and of course, the devils favorite will follow suit, and of course be on Zimmerman’s side.

‘Trashy people will always agree with the trashy evil things people do’

The lord understands what happened, and when its time for Zimmerman to leave this earth, he will die and go straight to hell, with the worst murders ever put in hell that lived on earth, and they will beat him, and kill him repeatedly for eternity, as well as all the people that agree with Zimmerman.

God has no openings in its heavens for racist people or people that agree with Zimmerman’s actions as if the young man deserved to die.

I wonder what would have happened if a black man would have shot a white or Hispanic child the same way and explained the same way that Zimmerman did.

I’m just beyond curious as to how 80% of the posters that had the audacity to star certain people adhd comments ,would feel if it was there child or a white or Hispanic young man, I wonder would the comments be the same.
:

Cognitive dissonance at it's very best ladies and gentlemen.

Whatever helps you sleep better at night pal. Keep telling yourself that.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You're right he approached the stranger and thus broke a "RULE" of neighborhood watch, which is not a LAW

Actually I think it is against the law to harass somebody on the street, especially when you are the one with the gun and the other person is unarmed. I'm fairly certain there is a law out there that covers this.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Actually I think it is against the law to harass somebody on the street

Well that type of thing happens everyday on the streets so you might as well get use to it Southern.

link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

You're right he approached the stranger and thus broke a "RULE" of neighborhood watch, which is not a LAW

Actually I think it is against the law to harass somebody on the street, especially when you are the one with the gun and the other person is unarmed. I'm fairly certain there is a law out there that covers this.

You're wrong just as you have been in every other post you've ever made on this thread. You literally have zero knowledge of anything you're talking about. It's perfectly legal to walk up to a stranger and ask them a question. Not sure what dictatorial 3rd world country you come from but this is America here pal. You know, Freedom and all.

link   

The "kid" let's not forget he was 6'3", was on suspension, supposedly looking for his Dad's house, which he was visiting and did not live in that neighborhood. The kid was wandering around in a PRIVATE, gated community....he ran and hid (supposedly)...who knows what it looked like to this 28 year old guy, 5'9" trying to protect HIS neighborhood in the dark in the rain, the kid should not have ran, hid and jumped the guy......bad decisions on both sides led to a tragedy...the racial crap has to stop.
edit on 24-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LastProphet527

if it was a black guy shooting a white teen it would most likely be reversed. everybody who thinks trayvon was guilty of being black and some poor innocent 6th grader would be on the side of "this cracker got what he deserved for being a punk-ass white boy".

you people need to get over this race BS and stop trying to turn any crime against a black person a "hate crime".

when i had a gun put to my head by a black person taking my money i didn't say "hey it's because im mexican/white and he clearly is doing this to me because of my race."

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusdrak

YES!!! thank you...especially when you are the neighborhood watch guy, who lives there and it is a private, gated community!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hardstepah

Er perhaps read this..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We have over zealous wannabe cop with a gun... roaming the streets.

Seems like more of a nuisance to me...a dangerous one.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Ultimately one needs to consider each party individually.

Martin: No criminal record. Suspended from school for tardiness.

Zimmerman: Involved in two separate domestic violence incidents. Arrested in 2005 for felony battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence. Since Zimmerman's father is a retired magistrate judge, he was allowed to plea to a much lesser charge of resisting arrest without violence.

Zimmerman bit off more than he could chew when he took on Martin, and once the ass whipping started the only way for him to save his own life was to kill Martin. Regardless, Zimmerman could have avoided the situation had he chosen to follow the proper protocols and allow the police to do their jobs rather than play vigilante. Zimmerman ignorance cost Martin his life, and he should be made to pay for that mistake.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
The funniest part to me is people are trying to slander and ad hominem attack Zimmerman for the fact that he called 911 46 times since the year 2001 or whatever. He's the neighborhood watch captain, obviously that's his duty and sounds to me like he's a good citizen doing his job. The neighborhood had suffered from previous breakins recently from what I read so he's obviously trying to protect the PRIVATE denizens of that community, why is it somehow a bad thing that he calls the cops often? I would feel SAFE and GRATEFUL if I had a guy in my community who watched out for trouble makers and called the cops on them.
I guess you guys would rather live in a crime ridden community where suspended drug dealers like Martin are given free reign to walk around and peer into other peoples' windows and loiter in the dead of night on the street corner of a private gated community where they do not even belong.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

You're right he approached the stranger and thus broke a "RULE" of neighborhood watch, which is not a LAW but simply a guideline. By LAW, Zimmerman was in full legal jurisdiction to approach Martin and question him. I can at any time of the night by law approach someone in the street and ask them a question, that is not illegal. So despite how hard you're trying to paint Zimmerman in a negative light, you have still not been able to indicate one single illegal act that Zimmerman committed.

Yes I did. I proved Negligence on his part.

And guess what? You have a legal right to free speech, you not have a legal right to follow me, detain me, or ask me anything. Zimmerman nor you, nor any other private citizen have a legal right to question anyone.

If you want to bicker over breaking "guidelines", I can throw a ton that Martin broke too. One cardinal guideline: you are not allowed to be in a fenced off gated community where you do not live. Oh but his step father lived there you said? Well then on your way back you are not allowed to LOITER and stand around looking into windows in this PRIVATE gated community, so two can play that game of "guide line" breaking.

He was a visitor. He he had a legal right to be there. Also, can you show me this guideline you speak of? I showed you the rules of neighborhood watch which proved my claim that Zimmerman was under no duty to follow. Can you show me where this guideline is you speak of, or did you just make that up?

Yet only my arguments are correct when we speak of LAW breaking because Zimmerman broke none and for all intents and purposes Martin has a history of being a law breaker and a rule breaker as evidenced by the fact that:
1. he was a known drug dealer and
2. he was on a 8 day suspension from school at the time of his death

#1. Zimmerman had no way of knowing if Martin was a known drug dealer. This is an irrelevant point when discussing Zimmerman's decision to follow Martin. This decision to follow Martin is Negligence on the art of Zimmerman. This Negligence resulted in the death of Martin. By legal definition, that is Involuntary Manslaughter and that is a crime.

#1 A. Can you show me any proof that Martin was a "known drug dealer"?

2. Weather or not Martin was suspended from school is irrelevant. Zimmerman had no knowledge of this prior to his confrontation with Martin. It has zero bearing at all in this case, unless your agenda is to cast blame on the deceased.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join