It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." - Obama. What the MSM isn't telling you.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hadrian
And how interesting would it be to get everybody's honest response to the question: how would your opinions on this story change if Zimmerman was a black guy and the kid had been white? Would it still be "unfortunate" what happened?

Tried to avoid posting because this topic has gotten beyond ridiculous, but you do deserve an answer to your question- if the kid had been white, nobody would be screaming RACISM, we would be civilly debating whether or not his slaying was justified. What if the kid was mexican?

This may or my not be an issue of racism, but a great deal of people seem to have already made up their mind, and worse, they assume that anybody that disagrees with them must be racist too. If this killing was racially motivated, I hope the guy gets the chair, but some of you should put your rope away until the facts play out.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
So how did you guys come to the conclusion this was a hate crime and racially motivated?

No you're missing the point. Race and hate are secondary. We need to get the guns out of the hands of vigilante nutjobs who are not capable of rational decisions.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It doesn't matter if it was or wasn't a hate crime. An innocent child got shot.

I understand that, but people are making it look like it was racially motivated.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kazanoom

Race and hate are secondary.

Trust me, I haven't missed the point.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

I guess my question was more along the lines of: if the kid killed was white and the other guy, the one with the delusions of authoritative grandeur, was black, would it still be so important that this "stand your ground" BS be defended as the beacon of hope and freedom that it is, the core of what makes America strong? Would we all just say, "poor white kid, shouldn't have been buying candy and tea at night. Shouldn't have been wearing a hoodie. That'll teach 'em."?

Which is worst? The drive for people to be more macho, bad-assed, armed and threatening than the next guy .. or the plain ol' racism?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
reply to post by MrWendal

So the idea of you getting your ASS handed to you doesn't even factor into the equation does it?
I mean, why would it.
You're YOU!
You're the baddest YOU that YOU could possibly be.

If YOU decide to "Take someboody out" then that's the way it will go down hu?
Never crosses your mind that the person in question may not let you "take them out"?

I gotta get me some of these badass pills.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

You can order them from that late-night info-merical that comes on right after Extenze. "Guaranteed to improve your internet bravado or your money back" is their slogan.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Hadrian

Do You think this it was a race crime?

Just wonder where people stand.

edit on 123131p://bSaturday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
If a black person shot a white kid for walking around their "hood" people would cry racism soooooooo

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Sorry, but all the things you are saying could be true or not.

Fact is the boy is dead. That is it.

Fact is there was not going to be a trial.

Human Rights.. basic.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

If a black person shot a white kid for walking around their "hood" people would cry racism soooooooo

Like this?

Obama gets personal over killing of black Florida teenager...
Urges 'soul-searching'...
More Miami schools stage mass walk-outs...
Gingrich calls Obama's Trayvon comments 'disgraceful'...
Cops: Man threatened to kill police chief at center of case...
Jeb Bush: 'Stand your ground' invalid here...
Miami Heat Players Don Hoodies...
'Dead or Alive' Poster Issued by New Black Panther Party...

DRUDGE,

Seems to me they want us at each others throats.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chalupas
Apparently its normal to go for a walk in the night to buy skittles and ice tea

I just got back from my nightly walk and I'm white.

Saw my neighbour having a cigar.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Which people, and who would hear them? Think AC360 would have a program devoted to it? noooooooooooo

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Drudge is right ring propaganda. Divide and conquer.

The whole point is a teenager was shot and killed for no reason and there isn't going to be a trial, that is the issue.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by primus2012

A lot of white people would hear it and complain. Did you forget about Jena Six?

www.democracynow.org...

This is a human rights/justice issue not just race.
edit on 24-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by Chalupas
Apparently its normal to go for a walk in the night to buy skittles and ice tea

I just got back from my nightly walk and I'm white.

Saw my neighbour having a cigar.

Good for you. I wish we were free to do this. Thing is, you got lucky that you didn't run into any cops. As I stated before, I was stopped and questioned/patted down just for walking home, and I'm white, too.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Drudge is right ring propaganda. Divide and conquer.

The whole point is a teenager was shot and killed for no reason and there isn't going to be a trial, that is the issue.

Except now the POTUS is involved via the FBI. Ol George doesn't have much time left. He will be made an example and become re-election material.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazanoom

So how did you guys come to the conclusion this was a hate crime and racially motivated?

No you're missing the point. Race and hate are secondary. We need to get the guns out of the hands of vigilante nutjobs who are not capable of rational decisions.

Yes - - Vigilante - - that is the problem. The border Minutemen got thrown out of Arizona - - because they were Vigilantes.

Nobody wants or needs these "wanabes" taking the law into their own hands.

As far as racism - - some are saying because Zimmerman is Latino - - there's no race issue. Obviously - they have no knowledge of downtown Los Angeles.

There does need to be a hearing (or something) to try to straighten out all the truths/un-truths and facts.

I just don't think there is any doubt though - - - this guy gets off on the mindset of being a "vigilante".

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
The people in this thread make me laugh.

Have any of you seen a gated community?

It isn't just some random street you stroll down with random people.

Pretty much the only people walking around at night are the ones that live there.
That also means that the cars driving around are not random either.

Sounds like this kids wannabe thug bs that probably worked so well in his own neighborhood got him in trouble.

This time he picked the wrong citizen to try and flex his thugs muscles on and he paid the price.

I must have missed the part where the thugs actions have no bearing on the outcome.
edit on 24-3-2012 by TheOven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kazanoom

I totally agree with this..... If you're a neighborhood watch, you should call the proper authorites if you see something that doesnt look right......

And I hate going here, but I feel like the only reason Obama is speaking on this is for re-election reasons... Kids die everyday, but he doesnt seem to make a big deal... I guess once something becomes a national story, it makes sense to say "if i had a son, he'd look like Trayvon"../end sarcasm....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

I live in a gated community right outside of Chicago (Tinley park), the gate is constantly open, people come in and go out, I definitely dont know or recognize every neighbor in my neighborhood, nor would I follow a kid just because he was black and wearing a hoodie.......

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join