It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this curious cloud on Mars?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I don't actually know what it was, but my guess is that it may have been part of a large-scale standing wave in the atmosphere

A wave! A lenticular cloud. It's soarable!
www.nateferguson.com...

A friend of mine died trying for 40k.

edit on 4/2/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
hmmm

I find this Interesting

Time Magazine
Science: Explosion on Mars
Monday, Feb. 06, 1950

Read more: www.time.com...

For the last ten years, Astronomer Tsuneo Saeki of the Osaka observatory (90 miles from Hiroshima) has been keeping an eye on Mars. About 4 a.m. on Jan. 16, he saw a great grey cloud on the face of the red planet. It rose some 60 miles into the air, he estimated, and covered a roughly circular area about 900 miles in diameter. He watched it tensely for 30 minutes; then clouds in the earth's atmosphere cut off the view. When the weather finally cleared, the clouded side of Mars had turned away. Read more: www.time.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by moniker

I was thinking it was the planet Venus that was actually captured on the telescope.

REBEL V

posted on Jun, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XcytaBill
Probably the U.S. attacked another secret Nazi base with their Mars based haarp weapon which caused a massive earthquake triggering dormant volcanoes

Or it's just reflected light from Venus

Or a cloud

I'm going with Venus, either that or...

REBEL V

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
As a totally off-the-wall suggestion I am going to suggest that this is nuclear in nature and was done to test the idea that we can destroy incoming meteors. They did not want any left-overs to be anywhere near Earth as other countries may be messing about up there in our space and they might spill-the-beans to Earths Press. At least out there near Mars, no-one is likely to see/hear/feel any nuclear detonation or whatever.

The other idea is that it may be something which has been tested on the Martians to see if they can be destroyed before we get there to rape and pillage Mars of its valuable minerals. After all, you would not want anyone to interrupt your take-over and development of the mining rights.

Really, we have no concept of just how totally evil and amoral these guys who run our countries are. They could do absolutely anything if they thought it would get them a few extra bucks somewhere down the line. Anyone with any morals who works for these organisations is probably hoping for a bit of peace and quiet and keeping their head down below the parapet.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join