It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney or Obama?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes because people who entered into the Country illegally to begin with will have no problem leaving of their own free will

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by OldCurmudgeon
My idea would be a mass write in vote on election day... but who? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

intrepid? Sorry, I can't accept the nomination. While being from America, it's North America. Not quite the same.

Darn it... and we had you in mind... wait, you could have someone make you a birth certificate... lol ...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If the social uprisings continue to spread carelessly, then I can say that without a doubt Obama will be re-elected.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by OldCurmudgeon

MICKEY MOUSE!!!

guess it all depends on which way you wish to be screwed for the next four years, want to be screwed to the left, or to the right...
no matter which way you go though, you will be screwed....

so, let's screw them first...
vote for mickey mouse!!
he has a magic wand!!
he can make all our problems vanish!! and clean the house while he's at it!

all with the wave of his wand!!

don't buy it??
well okay, whichever candidate has enough humility to dress up in a mickey mouse costume when he takes the oath can get the priveledge of the next screwing I guess....

LMAO Dawnstar.... and Mickey already has a song, "whose the leader of our gang.... lol I like it... especially since Intrepid declined...

edit on 23-3-2012 by OldCurmudgeon because: Edit paragraph...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

believe it or not, the last few presidential elections....my candidate was mickey mouse!!!

last president I voted for was bush, the first time...and well, he was such a big disappointment, well...
won't do it agian, won't throw my energy to unless I am sure he will be up front, and well....
every candidate that runs begins lying just about out of the gate, and loses my vote.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

His words.

You may have missed this in the other thread i posted this vid in.

It's Romney, in 2009 on Meet the Press, stating that his healthcare model would be the way to go NATIONALLY. He was stating this before Obama's healthcare was passed into law. At the time, there was possibility of a public option and this was Romney's answer to a public option.

I've been saying all along, what we have now is Republican healthcare with some added tweaks.

It's not going to be repealed. Sure, maybe he could slice a few things off...but the mandates are here to stay. Again, the insurance companies LOBBIED FOR THE MANDATES.

Do you think Republicans are suddenly going to turn against them? I highly highly doubt it.

Also, there is this:

BREAKING: Mitt Romney Urged Obama to Embrace the Individual Mandate

In July 2009, Mitt Romney wrote an op-ed in USA Today urging Barack Obama to usean individual mandate at the national level to control healthcare costs.

On the campaign trail now, Mitt Romney says the individual mandate is appropriate for Massachusetts, but not the nation. Repeatedly in debates, Romney has said he opposes a national individual mandate.

But back in 2009, as Barack Obama was formulating his healthcare vision for the country, Mitt Romney encouraged him publicly to use an individual mandate.

In his op-ed, Governor Romney suggested that the federal government learn from Massachusetts how to make healthcare available for all.

One of those things was “Using tax penalties, as we did, or tax credits, as others have proposed, encourages “free riders” to take responsibility for themselves rather than pass their medical costs on to others.”

www.redstate.com...
edit on 23-3-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
Romney.

Here's why.

He'll get rid of Obama's healthcare plan/law.
He'll be tough on illegal immigration.

I believe in our flawed little system. I believe that a vote can change things. I believe than a single voice can be heard. I believe that we are still in charge.

You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

John Lennon

Not to be rude, but republicans make a many promises...

"We'll end abortion" = 8 years Reagan, 4 Bush Sr., 8 Bush Jr. and still... (not suggesting, just pointing out...)
"We'll stop illegal immigration"
"We'll down-size the government"
"We'll lower taxes" (if you're rich...)
"We'll lower government spending"

The list goes on and on. And this isn't just a GOP problem. This is an issue with both parties.
They say what they think the voter wants to hear.
Stop voting for banker/lobbiest canidates.
Let your voice be heard.
That where we agree beezer, the voice of the voter can make a differnce, but only when we're not willing to settle for the garbage they pawn off on us as "electable canidates"

P.S., I apologize for my typoes, it's kinda my sig, you see.

God bless, and good postings.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
It does matter.

Romney is not entrenched having countless strings attached to people like Jeremiah Wright and Derrick Bell, Romney is not friends with the Muslim Brotherhood, Romney wants the keystone pipeline up and running, Romney is not the run of the mill politician, he is a man that can and will get things done, to the conspiracy theorists, the naysayers and doubting thomases you will just have to wait and see what happens in 2013 to 2016.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mikem

How about a politician who doesn't lie?. Ron Paul is my choice.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only logical choice there is... that is if you actually pay attention to politics and what they are really doing up there.

People that want obama, or romney, or santorum, or gingrich... just do not want to hear the truth and are just terrified and so scared of all the other big bad countrys out there that they have been told by the Mainstream media and the establishment government that they are out to get us.

Where are the people that have done the most damage to americans in the last fifty years.. who has taken us into debt... who has ruined our country... who are the real terrorist

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
When you put it that way I'd have to go with Obama. Romney is an astute businessman. He'd have better ideas on how to screw us all.

That is hilarious... and sadly true. Though I still couldn't bring myself to vote for Obama. At least with Romney I could say that I had no idea how he would act as president. With Obama I couldn't say that because we already know how much he can mess things up!

OP: I wouldn't vote for either. I'm supporting Ron Paul all the way. But as you say its all a ruse. There are videos up all over the place showing how Ron Paul has been robbed of his votes. It's all rigged so that we can't really change things legally. I would say that you can't beat a system that doesn't play by it's own rules... but then I believe it was JFK that said "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable."

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar

believe it or not, the last few presidential elections....my candidate was mickey mouse!!!

last president I voted for was bush, the first time...and well, he was such a big disappointment, well...
won't do it agian, won't throw my energy to unless I am sure he will be up front, and well....
every candidate that runs begins lying just about out of the gate, and loses my vote.

I could not agree with you more... Bush was sooooooo out of touch with Reality he didn't even know we existed...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mikem

3 Men Enter , One MAN Leaves................RON PAUL !

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I wouldn't vote for either one. This is basically a battle between Democrat and Democrat-lite. Why bother?

I don't think Romney has much of a chance in the general election. I suspect that a significant portion of the GOP's conservative base isn't going to bother showing up, and without them, he'll lose badly.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
It does matter.

Romney is not entrenched having countless strings attached to people like Jeremiah Wright and Derrick Bell, Romney is not friends with the Muslim Brotherhood, Romney wants the keystone pipeline up and running, Romney is not the run of the mill politician, he is a man that can and will get things done, to the conspiracy theorists, the naysayers and doubting thomases you will just have to wait and see what happens in 2013 to 2016.

This is exactly what the Establishment Government wants to hear from peopl.... "you'll just have to wait and see"... its such a waste... people need to not wait... they need to wake up

I'm glad some people are seeing the ruse... because it is so easy to defend your opinion and get sidetracked from the real issue that there is no republican or democrat party... it is only a name.

We need to wake up.

posted on Apr, 26 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Politics are nothing but a facid that gives people the idea that they have a choice.

Eat your poop sandwich... would you like mayonaise or ketchup

posted on Apr, 27 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
there's a third choice!!!

www2.timesdispatch.com...

heck, quite frankly, I'd vote for him just for the possibility of seeing both the dems and republicans lose!!! between bush and obama, the country's probably already pretty much not repairable....the guy can't do that much damage. the damage has already been done!!
think it's called revenge!!

as far as the mandates goes....
well, my company, and I am pretty sure it ain't alone, is out shopping for a new insurance policy. ours increased over 30% this year...and they ain't going for it. can't blame them!! hubby's company gave up on the idea of insurance awhile back. we have so many people unemployed, underemployed, which seems to be hitting the under 30's very hard. kind of get the feeling that they think that mom and dad will be just using their insurance to cover them. but I got news for them, mom and dad are struggling and are lucky they are able to help them keep a roof over their heads and food to eat, so I wouldn't put too much faith in mom and dad footing the bills for their insurance!! And the gov't seems to be in worse financial shape than the american public really...
I think that if they don't drop the mandate, they are going to have a disaster on their hands!! you can't force people that are this strapped to spend that kind of money necessity or not...
ffood is a bigger necessity, housing is a bigger necessity, warmth in the winter is a necessity.... I have needed those every day this year!!! but, well, haven't needed a doctor at all this year. although, if I didn't have the housing, the food, the warmth, I would be willing to bet that I more than likely would have needed some medical attention at some point throughout the year...

those who are saying that just wait till romney gets in and everything will magically be better, must be mistaking him for my candidate, mickey mouse!!! it's mickey that has the magic wand, romney just has a ton of devaluing dollars given to him for big corps and special interest groups! And, I would have to say I'd be rather suspicious if things worked out that way. I'd be wondering if they hadn't undermined the economy to begin with knowing what the antedote was all along and well, now that they are in charge again, well.....everything would be sure to get better, since they knew all along how to make it better!!!! kind of like the iran hostage crisis, ya know arrange for them to keep the hostages, till a republican got into office, and then release them!!!
who care about the people we hurt in the process, the only thing that is important is that we win!!!!

only thing for sure is that we, the people seem to be the losing party no matter which was we go, so, well....I'm hoping to throw them a bone and vote for a third party candidate, and encourage everyone else to!!! it's time to introduce them to humility!!!

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

I think most people are so tired of the democrat and republican blame game they are looking for someone not so establishment and someone who has not been a flip flopper... Ron Paul would be great.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ron

Paul

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I can't see Romney putting idiots like Kagan and Sotomayor on the Supreme Court.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join