It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The media tries to control our thoughts!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
How did we get to this point? Everything that goes on, on this board is inspired by the media, we read it, we see it on TV and we react to it. The only problem is we only see what they want us to see! I was watching CNN and Aaron Brown was showing tommorrows headlines and I was shocked by what I saw. Which is the point, news is not news for news sake, it is what ever will sell the most advertising or newspapers. We are no longer just given current events, we are spoon fed whatever is most shocking or controversial. Just for example how many of us know the issues that Bush or Kerry are for? It is more important to argue over who did the most for the US during the Vietnam war. Who really cares? We should know how they plan to improve our lives and our childrens lives, how they are going to save us money on taxes, and how they are going to protect our country.

Take the current headlines Dan Rather and Memogate gets more coverage that anything important, it is sad when how the news is distorted it becomes the news.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Good post.

I strongly recomend reading "Manufacturing Consent" by Edward S. Herman and Noam Chomsky to anyone realising that something is wrong with the media these days.

They explain how it works and how it was done during the Vietnam and East Timor years.

The same priciples are at work now.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I kind of figured this out awhile ago. It's one reason why I avoid the news. They never give you the full story, just the parts they want you to hear. Impartiality is a thing of the past. Commercials, too, are designed to make you think you need things you don't really need; so, naturally, you need money to buy these things and probably put yourself into debt getting them. Once you're in debt, you're stuck, and it's difficult to free yourself.

If I want to know what's really going on I have to look for alternative sources. I don't figure these other sources are necessarily the truth, but you can balance them against standard news and figure out that the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
they can keep it up...I'm on the Internet not the Boob-Tube...I don't have to look at anything usefl on here....
though the news will remind me of major astrological events that I'd forget about otherwise.

top topics

join