It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. intelligence: Future shortages will lead to 'water as a weapon'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We're fighting a FRACKING nightmare in mid-NY and PA. The Susquahana is in jeaphardy. And now they're going for the Hudson and Deleware watersheds too.

Just like in Starhawks 5 Sacred Thing... the fake Christians money pigs are getting everyone killed.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
In the future only those in the top .1% with have unlimited access to water, and the same will happen with food if we keep destroying our top soil. Massive amounts of the population will parish as planned.

Ah so the Hunger games becomes a reality one day. I can see it now every year each region sends its best to compete in a life or death competition. Oh but the twist is they will have bombs strapped to their necks and so will have to keep moving and have to make a kill in timely manner to stay alive. A kill every 2 hours id say. No rest or breaks allowed constant moving or the bomb goes off. I do not see how they got away with basically using Battle royale source material in such a way. I wonder if the top 1 percenters would like that kind of thing?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
All commodities should be held by the people alone.

Water is a precious natural right of the people: even in the most capitalist nations, access to water remains a human right.

When they take it away, the people will rise.

All power to the people!

Classic, I have two wells and a 3 acre pond on my land. I own 140 acres - which ought to rile your leftist feathers since it's more than I need. And yes I own them title and deed - I have no loans. You have no right to my water.

The wells cost me money to maintain and operate - good luck striking your claim to water from it. I suggest you bring something to trade or lots of guns. I run my business from these wells - I run a herd of dairy cows and goats. I am horrible business owner. Do the milk my cows produce belong to the people too? Did they pay 2.5k each for the starter herd? Do they milk them twice a day 365 days a year?

Resources are not divided equally the people who develop/mange them take risk - risk equal reward plain and simple. It’s all easy to sit there and say "all your base are belong to us" if you don't actually have anything. I would wager people who advocate the common ownership nonsense own little or nothing themselves.

They want something for nothing - take no risk, do no work, reap the rewards.

Power to the people indeed. BS make your own way.

edit on 27/3/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by colbyforce

Here in Sydney, our politicians went boots and all into building a desalination plant (vdesal). It is being put into a hybernation mode now, as our dam Warragamba (aborigine for place of little rain) is over flowing, well beyond capacity. Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join