It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leftwing Survivalism

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I am a left-leaning Jewish guy who practically lives in the history and philosophy sections of bookstores. I would never stoop to wrestling a bear weak enough to wrestle me. However, I consider myself a survivalist philosophically. I believe in the Second Amendment as a personal right to bear arms (a position once held by leftists and by Northern abolitionists during Reconstruction).

My ideal survivalism would be of an environmentalist variety, but one in which survival skills allow a person to live off the grid and away from both corporate and governmental interference. I am a strange cross between Noam Chomsky and Jesse Ventura. My preferred survival area would be the desert. I have no interest in violence or confrontation, which basically attracts police or military interests and always makes things worse. Rather, my interest is in being left alone.

Any woman I would be with would have to understand the nature of the world, the NWO, and why it is important for people to be awake. Sadly, most people are dead in their understanding. It is my great hope that Earth will evolve a greater consciousness in humans. However, until that time comes we need to be prepared to face the world as it is.

Are there other leftwing survivalists out there?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
My preferred survival area would be the desert.

If "leftwing survivalist" has anything to do with living in a desert of all places, count me out!

Any woman I would be with would have to understand the nature of the world, the NWO, and why it is important for people to be awake.

And you will have a very hard time trying to convince a women to live in a desert. Not many shoe stores out there!!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthEvolves
I am a left-leaning Jewish guy who practically lives in the history and philosophy sections of bookstores. I would never stoop to wrestling a bear weak enough to wrestle me. However, I consider myself a survivalist philosophically. I believe in the Second Amendment as a personal right to bear arms (a position once held by leftists and by Northern abolitionists during Reconstruction).

My ideal survivalism would be of an environmentalist variety, but one in which survival skills allow a person to live off the grid and away from both corporate and governmental interference. I am a strange cross between Noam Chomsky and Jesse Ventura. My preferred survival area would be the desert. I have no interest in violence or confrontation, which basically attracts police or military interests and always makes things worse. Rather, my interest is in being left alone.

Any woman I would be with would have to understand the nature of the world, the NWO, and why it is important for people to be awake. Sadly, most people are dead in their understanding. It is my great hope that Earth will evolve a greater consciousness in humans. However, until that time comes we need to be prepared to face the world as it is.

Are there other leftwing survivalists out there?

Well, I like your spirit, I really do. But sadly, in the event that TEOTWAWKI hits and it isn't some grand mass awakening of humanity but more like total collapse, I don't think left wing groups will make it. Left wing people/families and very small groups, especially ones that want to be left alone and just like small groups of fight wingers... easy targets.

Large leftist communities would tear themselves apart, but the right wingers I think would have a better chance.

I especially like the whole idea of a Jewish guy wanting to make sure of his woman of being aware of the NWO... IDK, seems like some kind of irony or duality there... something.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I don't have a Survivalist Phylosopher on my invite list yet.....can you noodle up a cat fish for our dinner....

Des

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I didn't know survival was partisan...

A desert would do well for energy requirements if you had plenty of solar panels, and strong wall fortifications to keep both elements and idiots out is important.

As far as gender roles..sorry, I see none. survival is survival..if a woman can dig a hole, then she is digging right alongside men.

I would deem importance of keeping information alive for future generations..so collecting as much technology and information would be right below food and water in importance.

A reset on society would favor "left wing" ideology frankly...imagine founding a city in a brave new world..setting the framework right from the beginning to be energy rich with no pollution as a result (solar, wind, etc) as the core framework on how to expand...designing cities right from the start on how to maximise movement with minimal effort, etc. Trick is to find the brightest minds, engineers, and the like to help construct the new future...

Our current city designs are very 19th century setups that didn't account for what we deal with today..else they would have started digging holes to expand verses moving out.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
hi op

i hear ya
i was once like you are
i hated confrontation, if i said something even slightly nasty to someone it would play on my mind
then one day i cracked, i had had enough and if someone ripped me, believe me i would rip you back.
In most of my posts ive always stated "I hate Religion"
i still see you as a fellow human being so i hope we can be...well human lol
anyway e.g
my brother at work last week, in the office about 15 peeps there
a worker there was in the office also (the worker is black and recently employed there)
this black fellow human being slapped my brother in the face for no reason other than it was funny.
my brother did not retaliate and during the course of the day was ripped (as in sarcastic comments to him everytime he opend his mouth"
what would you do right now?
if it was me, regardless of age height weight color and status, i know in my heart right away i would have..
bridged his nose without a second thought
because, ive nothing, so ive nothing to lose..
soz op im ranting
its just everything in this country is going tits up
and peeps taking advantage of a good nature
cheers
dave

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hi there, I would consider myself very much the same. I am a westerner and a screaming liberal, and as such, I have always believed in the second amendment. You will find that among liberals in the Rocky Mountain West, this is normally the case. And for the record, I know quite a few other folks that are of the same mind. Its interesting, but a lot of people forget that there are a heck of a lot of farmers and ranchers that lean left instead of right, especially independent producers like myself. Whats that have to do with survivalism? Well, if you go wandering off into the country, many of the people with food, land, guns, and who are going to need help are leaning left. We might not all vote democrat, but you find leftist principles in the way we work. Neighbors all get together for brandings, gatherings, trailing etc. and help each other out. And one interesting side not, the real independents, the ones who "don't need help from anyone" and won't show up to do the same...they don't make it in this world. I don't know how they'd do if it all came crashing down.

I think my odds are pretty good. I have a group of friends that know where to go should the sky come falling down. We're well armed and well provisioned, and I think our political philosophy encourages people to share the load more so than the right wing ethic of individual accomplishment. Also, I don't have to go to firing ranges to use my guns, I get practice in the real world all the time on coyotes and other pests.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Sorry, I don't do deserts.

I'm not sure if there would be much difference between left and right leaning groups if it all hit the fan, however I'd have to admit that under those circumstances I'd be more inclined to adopt a more aggressive defensive stance that would probably be deemed unnecessarily confrontational.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I'm one of those leave me alonists so I know how you feel. Frankly I didn't think surviving was a partisan affair?

I can and do work very well with others when their is a common goal. I don't mind others, I just prefer to be left alone.

Interesting though on your perspectives though.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I am a somewhat left-leaning female who loves the desert. My husband was raised out here and he was delighted that I enjoy the desolation, solitude and dry air. We bought a nice little house on 5 acres and, other than the very occasional social visit, we are hermits.

I suppose if the S ever hits the F, my personal philosophy of "Live and Let Live" will continue as always, unless we are threatened. The folks out here are good people, whether left or right, and we would look out for each other and help each other.

I would like to believe that political leanings would dissolve in a post-disaster scenario, but human nature being what it is, people would continue with their prejudices and belief system until the very end.

I don't think you'll have any trouble finding female company that is liberal and likes the desert, just don't try to find one in the "high maintenance" crowd. If she can't live without going to the mall once a week, she's probably not the one you're looking for.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthEvolves

If you are aiming for the desert, think long and hard about potable water storage and sources as well as grey water needs. Underground cisterns may be perfect for the desert. Personally, I feel safer being near a Great Lake, One river and two streams. My farthest source is 10 minutes away. Water I can either filter, boil or chemically treat.

That being said, I've never spent much time in the desert and surviving in it is a whole other game for me.

As far as the left right paradigm. Survival topics and the outdoor topics in general are gap fillers to bring the two sides together. I never feel the need to dredge up politics when I am hanging out with my liberal nature loving friends. I'm a conservative conservationist who loves the outdoors, bushcraft, camping, shooting etc. Just don't tell me its wrong to eat something that I kill.

edit on 23-3-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Just don't tell me its wrong to eat something that I kill.

edit on 23-3-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

Even if you killed a person?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

hahaha saturn
cheers for another laugh
but a good question...
Would I?
i dont know but the film ALIVE covers a few things

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
"I especially like the whole idea of a Jewish guy wanting to make sure of his woman of being aware of the NWO... IDK, seems like some kind of irony or duality there... something."

Duality I don't know. It would be a great irony if I could open a womens' shoes store in the middle of the desert and it succeeded!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I didn't know survival was partisan...

The archetype/egregore is Old Right, pretty much. Leftist paramilitarism does exist, but not generally in the Western world.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I look at political philosophies like a circle...if you go left long enough and I go right long enough... we will meet.

Most people, my self a conservative libertarian, want to be left alone. Further, as a Libertarian, I respect your right to lean left or anywhere else. We agree to disagree. That is what's wrong with this country. We have lost sight of our common values and rate and judge each other on political ideals...not common cultural ideals.

Truth be told, I am a Truman Democrat. The government can help people when the are down, but not perpetuate it into a lifestyle. I am a working man's Democrat. Give a man a chance to work, support his family, improve his/her lifestle...not make them dependant on the government to maintain a lifestyle.

Should we meet, I'll have your back...from a conservative to a left wing liberal.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The desert will be a good place if TEOTWAWKI hits.

Everyone else will be heading to the mountains with heavy forest and lack of long range visibility.

Where i will be going in the desert there is flowing year round water plus i can see someone coming for miles.

I even have a hot springs nearby to soak in when i want to relax.

If i can steal a tank from a desert training area nearby anyone wanting to come up my canyon will find it very dangerous to life and limb.

The desert is not for everyone but for someone with experience it can be a easy place to survive..
plus you will be a lot safer then trying to survive in a area with 1000s of others from the big cities trying to stake out the same area.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Most people, my self a conservative libertarian, want to be left alone.

This is the right wing element. The left are collectivist, generally speaking. Personally, I am of the opinion that small scale, voluntary collectivism is more effective than a person being entirely alone; but it does have to be small, and it also has to be entirely non-coercive.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Do not mistake wanting to be left alone with wanting to be alone. Many conservatives are active and volunteer much time in their community. The difference is we do it because we want to, not because we have to.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I actually do enjoy being alone. I do not define myself as a "collectivist." I am a left-leaning anti-authoritarian. That is how I define myself.

How others define me is their choice.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join