It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and Allies agree: Iran does not have a nuclear bomb and does not want one.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So after all the speculation and theorizing about false flag and such, the US has proclaimed “IRAN DOES NOT HAVE DA BOMB”

WASHINGTON — The United States, European allies and even Israel generally agree on three things about Iran’s nuclear program: Tehran does not have a bomb, has not decided to build one, and is probably years away from having a deliverable nuclear warhead.

US and Allies Agree: Iran does not have a nuclear bomb

The article goes on to say that these conclusions were drawn upon intelligence from the early 2000’s.

That led to a bombshell conclusion in a controversial 2007 National Intelligence Estimate: American spy agencies had “high confidence” that Iran halted its nuclear weapons program in the fall of 2003.

Seems like the US and Israel will still be keeping an eye on any future development of Iran's nuclear program. For those who thought this would be the matchstick to light the powder keg, maybe give it another year???

Still seems strange with all the military build-up in the waters off Iran, if the US and allies had prior knowledge about the faltering program. A large waste of money and mobilization if nothing was to come of it?

U.S. officials said they are very confident that the intercepts were authentic – and not disinformation planted by Iran.

Could this be dis-information from the US and Allies
?

The United States and Israel are on the same page in judging how long it would take Iran to have a nuclear weapon that could strike a target: About a year to produce a bomb and then another one to two years to put it on a missile.

Both countries believe Iran has not made a decision to build a bomb, so even if Tehran decided to move forward, it would be unlikely to have a working nuclear device this year, let alone a missile to deliver it.

Looks like the US and Israel will still keep an eye on the future of Irans nuclear program. Maybe not the match-stick to ignite the powerkeg to set off the next major conflict...

edit on 23-3-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Ive been saying all along that Iran doesn't want the Nuclear Bomb.

But this was never about a Nuke weapon, this aggression towards Iran is just the next step in the US Foreign Policy

of total Domination of the Middle East.

Doesn't change the game plan at all, Iran will be neutralized at some point.

After all, WAR = PEACE.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sounds like disinformation, maybe an intentional calm before the storm.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

Who knows, Hard to justify the mobilization expenditures involved with everything up to this point. The US navy just going to throw the US carriers into reverse and carry on from there?

Who knows the conflict could have already begun and we could have a complete media blackout on it. Except for that everything is rainbows and lollipops in the middle east..as we have been seen in the major media reports. eg." Israel Loves Iran"

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I found this in a thread a few days ago. www.ynetnews.com...

Very interesting to say the least. NORAD and the Pentagon had simulations of 9/11 before 9/11 took place. This is just the exact same thing. Pearl Harbor, Gulf of Tonkin, 9/11, and now Iran. I think they might have halted the false flag on the USS Enterprise due to the false flag breaking onto the internet.

I think they will still carry out their plans, but only time will tell.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Good to hear, but MAN, if I was them I'd still secretly want the bomb. Too many crazies out there!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
iran could probably just buy a nuke from the U.S.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Sounds a little fishy to me. Sort of like whistling and looking the other way to entice Iran to make a move.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Hmmm,no bomb's huh?
So remind me why are we punishing them with sanctions again

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I don't know whether to believe that Iran is working towards nukes or not. I do know, however, that if I were Iran, I'd be sick and tired of being bullied by the United States and treated like that kid nobody wants to play with at recess. If I were them, I'd develop/buy/steal a nuke and then tell the States to go screw themselves with a red hot poker, because, while Iran certainly has its flaws as a country, I think they just want to be left alone to do their own thing. They aren't invading anybody, they aren't threatening anybody, and they definitely don't want to be the "thing that rhymes with 'witch'" of the international community. (I hope that doesn't count as censor circumvention, but I can't think of a better word, or allusion, to describe it so briefly) So yes, I think they want a nuke, but I don't think they want to use one; it's just a means to getting the bully nations off their backs.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

That's right, the US, EU AND even Israeli intelligence have concluded Iran is NOT persueing a nuclear weapon. Therefore there is absolutely NO reason to take the region to war, Right? Well, that matters little to Israel because in their sick logic Iran MIGHT decide at some time in the future to develop a nuke since they will certainly have the technology to do so . In my opinion, If you want to INSURE that Iran develops a nuke simply attack them. From that day on they will agressively begin developing a nuclear weapon as their ONLY guarantee from future attacks. They will drop out of the NNPT so there will be no inspections, just like Israel. They will take over Saudi Arabia and end up controlling much of the worlds oil. No, the US will NOT be able to prevent this from happening IF Iran is a nuclear power. Better to just leave Iran alone!

top topics

join