It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geraldo Rivera blames Hanes Corporation for Trayvon being shot dead by fellow citizen..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Isn't this the same exact thing as saying women get raped because they dress "like they want to get raped"? Im looking at my wife right now and she is wearing a short skirt and a long jacket with a hood, Im glad Geraldo is nowhere near her.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

I can't either, form opinions that is...that's why i didn't even acknowledge the event for a few days.

but 'self defense' begins to break down if one is shown to have pursued the victim/criminal...

i'm far to lazy to research and cite cases, but the 'self defense' excuse isn't very strong...

and many people claiming self defense are in prison in the united states.

what I do suspect with certainty; however, is that i'd personally never walk away from such an event using 'self defense' as my alibi...

no jury on Earth would except such nonsense from me...but maybe old George can sell it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Why would anyone in their right mind even care about what "Geraldo" has to say about ANYTHING? lol

Next...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

Geraldo is simply a mouthpiece and symbol...

..in this case he represents all the people that just want to act as if George Zimmerman isn't all that bad and that his position is understandable...George Zimmerman is little more than a symbol...

some people are going to want a story like this to fade into the background...they'll even attempt to get people to pay attention to another story...pretending that they are different, when they are the same...using physical differences to split the human mind.

but the story will play out...month after month...and in the end what George Zimmerman and what Trayvon Martin are will be clear for the whole world to look and comment upon...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Don't promote the hoodie mindset.

Seriously forget about the whole hoodie example that Geraldo Rivera is using. It is a diversion. Or like some would say its a trap!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
or at least the person that set it...thinks its a trap.

i no longer have respect for the skills of others.

i owned a hoodie when I was trayvons age...and i knew a george zimmerman; many of them.

you guys know him...the people who build a facade of respectability around themselves so that their true identity and actions are never known to the general public.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

I guess its safe to say from what I am witnessing on ATS is that the 'Hoodie' is the primary culprit causing the death of Trayvon Martin, because Geraldo said so. Keep it up MSM, your doing a good job swaying peoples ability to think reasonably.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Im north of 50 and my hoodie is my favourite overshirt...
can't believe i didn't get one sooner.

I hope no one shoots me

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

blame on the Hoodie was predictable...to be certain...only a matter of time before it became a topic of conversation.

you're one of those that see things after they happen and call it foresight. Epimetheus.

honestly...a march of people wearing the hoodie was assembled before Geraldo's comment.

what is actually going on is that as soon as someone said something about his choice of clothing...is when I decided to comment. i don't see how that's different from the race angle.

you're NOT smarter than everyone else...settle down.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

blame on the Hoodie was predictable

Since when? No one thought anything about the 'Hoodie' being the cause of all this. It was more of a 17 yr old kid walking with Skittles, and an ice tea that happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, apparently wearing the wrong thing during that time.

And I bring this up because there is already a thread that is similar to this about the 'Hoodie'

Don't get upset because I am calling you out. I am just trying to deny ignorance that's all...Sheesshh
edit on 23-3-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
A quick survey of people that I know that wear hoodies. Most of them are criminals or want to look like a criminal. When I was a teenager is was the black leather jacket. I had one and it gave me a sense of power.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Yes throughout the years 'Hoodies' have been given a bad name due to the criminals that wear them. In reality though its nothing but warm comfortable attire.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

that Trayvon was wearing a hoodie was reported at the same time as the skittles and iced tea...the same articles said he had a cell phone equipped with a headset, which he was using to tell a friend that he was being followed by some man...perhaps you should read the entire article and pay attention to what you are reading...then you'd realize the correctness of what I am writing.

I first saw an article of people sporting their hoodies in support of the little boy earlier today.

Geraldo's take on the whole event was reported just this afternoon.

being that this child was unarmed...and not a threat to anyone...most discerning readers following the story probably knew the hoodie would become the lone issue supporters of the child murderer, George Zimmerman, would seize upon. that this garment makes a child seem threatening.. to an adult male carrying a firearm of all people.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

as a teenager...i wore a hoodie because i felt it made he tougher. i wore it under another coat...

George Zimmerman carries a gun with him to make him feel tougher.

kids just don't know what's up, i guess.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Trust me I am well aware of this issue, and apparently your not. All your doing is saying something that has already been said from the horses mouth that Trayvon was probably killed because of the 'Hoodie' he was wearing during the time of his murder.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

what's the ISSUE?

i would really like to know what you think the issue is.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Obviously a RACIAL issue smart guy. Try reading other threads before posting the same jargon you hear from the MSM...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Obviously a RACIAL issue smart guy. Try reading other threads before posting the same jargon you hear from the MSM...

Racial? that's the MSM issue.

just admit you don't know what the issue is.

or say you don't want to talk about it...like everyone says.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

ROFL...Seriously so why are you posting something that Geraldo Rivera said? Last time I check Geraldo Rivera works for a MSM network..

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

ROFL...Seriously so why are you posting something that Geraldo Rivera said? Last time I check Geraldo Rivera works for a MSM network..

to illustrate the insanity.

if you want to justify a dead child because of his fashion choices...why not just blame the retailer that carries the product or the manufacturer that sold it and markets it...maybe the farmer that grew the cotton that became the hoodie should be liable for George Zimmerman's actions.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join