Has Anyone Had Experiences Involving Angels?

page: 1
17
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I would like to hear of people's experiences with Angels. I know there are many who have had these beings intervene in their lives during crisis, to help with the person's spiritual growth, and many other reasons.

Back in the 1980's my mother got up to go to the bathroom one night around two in the morning. Before going back to bed she looked out the bathroom window, and saw every light in the house on in the home where my sister lived just below her. She wondered what in the world were all the lights doing on at that time of night, knowing they had work/school that morning. She went on back to bed, and called my sister the next day to ask what was going on down there earlier in the morning.
My sister was silent for a moment, then she told my mother that was the time her husband said he awakened from sleep to see three angelic beings standing at the foot of his bed. He described them as being very tall, with wings, and emitting an almost blinding light. He said one of them looked at him and pointed to his right (or could have been the left... I don't remember). He said the angel didn't have fingers, but had three appendages. He didn't hear them speak, or receive any telepathic message. They just stood there looking at him, with the one pointing, then they faded away.
He was terrified, and woke my sister after they left. My sister thought he had dreamed the whole thing, but when my mother called her about the house being lit up at that same time, it was validation that it had actually happened because my sister said everyone was in bed at that time with all the lights out. The light from the angels was what my mother had witnessed.

My brother-in-law was affected by this in a negative way for months! He thought they were telling him he was going to die. He went through a type of post-traumatic stress from this experience for over a year.

Several months later, as he was driving to work, he saw one of the angels standing on a bridge as he was about to cross it. He, again, was terrified, and thought maybe he was going to go off the bridge, or maybe he was supposed to jump off the bridge. He proceeded across the bridge safely, though.

He never did learn what the message was, and he is still alive today.

Any ideas on this?
edit on 3/23/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My father was in the Air-Force, and when I was five years old he got stationed to Germany.

I became part of the A.Y.A., or American Youth Association. This group took us to many places around Germany: castles, German villages, old World War II bunkers, parks, etc.

One of the places they took us during the summer was a German swimming pool. It was a very nice place that was surrounded by a gigantic red brick wall, and set next to a park where people would play Frisbee and other recreational sports.

My friend Patrick was my age, height, and we often played together during these outings.

One day when we went to the pool, I saw him swimming in the deeper section of the pool. He had floaters on, however I didn’t know what those were. I assumed he was touching the bottom of the pool, and ran as fast as I could and jumped past him.

Being as I couldn’t swim, I sank straight to the bottom.

I struggled for a long time to reach the surface, only breaking the water once or twice – gasping for air each time.

I could feel myself wearing down and knew I only had enough energy for one more thrust to the surface.

As my feet pressed on the concrete floor of the pool, I just barely broke the surface and saw an old woman looking down at me. I slipped into exhaustion, and sank to the bottom; my feet grazing the concrete floor that I had just pushed off of.

Suddenly I felt hands under my arms, lifting me up.

The old woman stood on the side of the pool smiling at me, holding me up, and then sat me down.

“Thank you,” I said to her. She just smiled as I turned to walk away.

I turned after two or three feet to look back at the woman. To my astonishment, she had vanished.

Keep in mind that the brick walls surrounded the pool sides, and there was no where she could have gone – especially in that short amount of time. And she was not in the pool, as my friend Patrick was the only one around.

Also, unless her arms were about twelve to fifteen feet long, there is no way she could have stood upright, and gripped my arms from the bottom of the pool and lifted me up.

Looking back on this experience as a man, I now feel in my heart that this was a guardian angel.
edit on 23-3-2012 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I have never had an experience with angels, but I thought you would find the story about the "butterfly people of Joplin, missouri, and interesting story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is one of the stories from the thread ^

My favorite story is of a 2 ½-year-old little girl who with her father was caught in the tornado in their vehicle. Afterward, when she was encouraged to tell of her experience (the point being to keep children from internalizing the moment and becoming fearful and developing long-term anxiety), she told this amazing story: She said she and her dad and the “butterfly people” were in the car and…At this point she was interrupted and told that only she and her daddy were in the car. But she insisted: “No, Daddy” There were butterfly people in the car with us!” Is that not awesome?! This small child would not have known what an angel was or how to describe one, but she knew about butterflies! It was adequate to describe a miracle!



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


Fascinating! What makes him think it was Angels? I'm just curious why it couldn't have been aliens or other interdimensional type of beings. Interesting about whatever it was having appendages instead of fingers.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle
 


Yes, I agree. I think everyone has a guardian angel. I have had my own personal experience with mine. (I'll share it later.)

I think most experiences with angels are a positive one. That's why my brother's-in-law experience has me baffled. His is the first I have ever heard of to have a negative influence on the person.

Your's is a great story, and a true testimony that angels do exist. Thanks for sharing.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
reply to post by sled735
 


Fascinating! What makes him think it was Angels? I'm just curious why it couldn't have been aliens or other interdimensional type of beings. Interesting about whatever it was having appendages instead of fingers.


He said they looked like the description the Bible gives of angels... feathered wings, very tall, emitting bright light, etc. I guess that's why he thought they were angels. Of course, there are the "fallen angels", and it could have been them since he had such a negative experience from it.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The angel I saw when I was a teenager didn't have wings, but I did make a thread on it a while back:

Being of Light/Angelic Warning

They are real, for sure.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This experience is from another post, but since it involves what could have been angelic help, I'll post it here again:

When I was in my early teens I went swimming in the river with a bunch of friends. We all started out at an area above where we were parked, and swam down to the parking area. Everyone had already made it to the small sandy area where we were going, but the current got me and pulled me out, and under the water. I remember thinking, 'this is how I'm going to die'. I was fighting from panic, and I hollered out, "HELP!!", when I came to the surface, and then got pulled back under again. While I was under the water I heard a voice in my head that said, "It isn't your time yet. Stop fighting the water, and just relax. You'll be okay." So I stopped fighting, and I floated to the surface. When I opened my eyes one of my friends had swam out to get me. He reached for my arm and pulled me out of the current, and we made it to the river's edge. The rest of my friends watched in stunned awe! They said I scared the s*** out of them! I was shaky myself! The guy that came after me said when I got pulled back under the second time I just missed hitting my head on a big boulder! If I had, I would have been knocked out and drowned.
I didn't die, but I still heard, either my spirit guide, or an angel helping me get out of that situation



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


From my limited knowledge of hearing stories from people involving angels it seems to be limited to them appearing to help someone and then they simply disappear (like the poster above stated).

I would consider what your brother in law saw as possibly being something else. Have you read any books dealing with alien abductions? People have stated that the alien can plant false memories of events and even disguise themselves as something else. Just a thought. Too bad your sister has no recollections of it.

Have you ever talked more about it with her or her husband to see if there was any other events like humming noises or missing time involved? Has he ever claimed to see any UFO's?



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
The angel I saw when I was a teenager didn't have wings, but I did make a thread on it a while back:

Being of Light/Angelic Warning

They are real, for sure.


I think this was probably your spirit guide. IMO, we all have them, as well as guardian angels.
I believe in reincarnation, and that each life we live is to learn certain lessons for our spiritual growth.
When we get off our "path" for our life-lessons, they will step in to help us get back on the right track.
I don't think the robed figure was telling you to pray to him, but to God (or whatever name people wish to call Him) to forgive you for practicing satanism. I'm glad to hear you stopped.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by itsallmaya
reply to post by sled735
 


From my limited knowledge of hearing stories from people involving angels it seems to be limited to them appearing to help someone and then they simply disappear (like the poster above stated).

I would consider what your brother in law saw as possibly being something else. Have you read any books dealing with alien abductions? People have stated that the alien can plant false memories of events and even disguise themselves as something else. Just a thought. Too bad your sister has no recollections of it.

Have you ever talked more about it with her or her husband to see if there was any other events like humming noises or missing time involved? Has he ever claimed to see any UFO's?


It could possibly be aliens disguising themselves. Yes, I know all to well about UFOs, and abductions.
I didn't live anywhere close to them at the time this happened to really hear all the talk, so I don't know if there were UFO sightings, or lost time. I don't think my brother-in-law believed in them existing. My sister was asleep during the visitation. All she had to go on was what her husband told her, and the fact that my mother saw their house lit up during that time.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Another story where I think an angel intervened was when my friend was coming down a hill in her car, and her brakes gave out. She was headed straight for a big semi truck that was coming off a very narrow bridge. She had no where to go but hit him head on because the truck took up most of the room on the bridge. There was no way she had enough space to get on the bridge with the truck. She said she took her hands off the wheel and put them over her face waiting for the impact. When nothing happened, she took her hands away from her face, and she was past the truck in the middle of the bridge.
I think an angel took a hold of the wheel and guided her safely past the truck, and it also kept the car from going over the side of the bridge! Definitely some type of divine intervention here!



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by research100
I have never had an experience with angels, but I thought you would find the story about the "butterfly people of Joplin, missouri, and interesting story.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is one of the stories from the thread ^

My favorite story is of a 2 ½-year-old little girl who with her father was caught in the tornado in their vehicle. Afterward, when she was encouraged to tell of her experience (the point being to keep children from internalizing the moment and becoming fearful and developing long-term anxiety), she told this amazing story: She said she and her dad and the “butterfly people” were in the car and…At this point she was interrupted and told that only she and her daddy were in the car. But she insisted: “No, Daddy” There were butterfly people in the car with us!” Is that not awesome?! This small child would not have known what an angel was or how to describe one, but she knew about butterflies! It was adequate to describe a miracle!


Thanks for your story. Yes, I think most children are able to see things that adults are not able to. As children, they have not been told over and over that what they are seeing isn't real. It's a real shame that most children lose this ability as they grow because adults tell them it isn't real!



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 


Thank you for starting this thread and telling the story your brother-in-law had. Maybe the reason he reacted in a negative way was out of fear. Many cannot embrace these kind of things because it just isn't in their personal paradigm.

What is interesting here is that it usually takes an experience like this to make believers out of people but in this case the opposite happened.

I have never seen a Guardian Angel but have gotten messages many times through the years, an example is driving on a hilly road and hearing in my head "slow down now" in this case if I hadn't slowed down I more then likely would have been involved in a horrible accident that occurred a few minutes before and was blocking the road, the hill obstructed by view.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by sled735
 


Thank you for starting this thread and telling the story your brother-in-law had. Maybe the reason he reacted in a negative way was out of fear. Many cannot embrace these kind of things because it just isn't in their personal paradigm.

What is interesting here is that it usually takes an experience like this to make believers out of people but in this case the opposite happened.

I have never seen a Guardian Angel but have gotten messages many times through the years, an example is driving on a hilly road and hearing in my head "slow down now" in this case if I hadn't slowed down I more then likely would have been involved in a horrible accident that occurred a few minutes before and was blocking the road, the hill obstructed by view.


Yes, I had a similar experience myself.
I was coming up on a very sharp curve on a two-lane highway out in the country when I heard a voice tell me to STOP! I thought, 'Did I just hear that, or am I losing it?' Again, it shouted at me, "Pull off the road as far as you can, and stop!!" It was so demanding, I did as it said. Just then a big logging truck came around the curve on my side of the road! If I hadn't pulled over in the grass as far as I could, I would have been hit head-on, and probably killed!
Thank goodness for these divine beings watching out for us, be it spirit guides, or angels.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
its funny I had a similar experience to Sled
I was cliff diving with friends from about a 65 foot cliff

we were just running up and and diving off and sometimes jumping

At one point i just flung myself off the cliff without deciding whether I was going to jump or dive..
so I went off in a very awkward postion ...a flat out flying spread eagle

As I realized I was going to hit the water flat with a lot of skin exposed and that it was going to be really painfull
a Voice in my ear said: "roll up into a little ball!"
So i did.
Having no other good ideas I figured it would be less skin exposed...

Well, it turns out a male's body weight is in his shoulders..
I just inverted naturally and hit the water headfirst and painlessly.
the splash reached the tip of the cliff, and it was the big moment of the day for that reason...

It isn't the only incident I have had like that, but it really sticks out in my mind as an example of the idea of Guardian angels...and funny enough I am not, nor did it encourage me to be, RELIGIOUS...
In fact other incidents have been very clear..
AVOID RELIGION and CHURCHES like the plague...
Because they are



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Not sure if this counts or not. Once i decided that i believed in angels i wanted to see if i had a Guardian Angel. I meditated and did Reiki, I asked for my G.A. to make themselves known to me. Immediately, an image popped into my head. I saw a man in his 40's or so. I could only see em bust high. To me he looked like a hispanic ghandi. I was shocked after being revealed this image, i came out of my meditation. I had to immediately go back in and get a name, a name came to me, Gabe.

Along with Gabe, i believe that my grandpa is along protecting me also. I thank my angels everyday for their protection and guidance.

love and light, blessings to all.



posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jgarcya
 


I bought a book several years ago that tells how to contact your angels and spirit guide(s). The thing is, I never have any quite time to accomplish the meditation level I need. I would love to meet mine some day, and I will when the time is right.
Congratulations on meeting yours!



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I've lit rose incense for Michael, before; I think he likes that very much. The atmosphere in a room really changes when I do that; my heart rate slows down, and it is very relaxing.

I've bought yellow roses for Raphael when I've had gout before as well, and had it heal very rapidly once I did. He is an amazing healer.



posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735
 

I've had two interactions with angels. Honestly though? I'd rather not share them. They're two of the most poignant experiences of my life and I really don't want to do it so little justice by trying to put these experiences into print and/or leave it here for people to rip apart. I'll think on it though and let you know.

Great thread.

peace





new topics
top topics
 
17
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join