It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
(visit the link for the full news article)
ENTEBBE, Uganda (Reuters) - The African Union will launch a 5,000-strong military force on Saturday in Juba, Southern Sudan, to hunt down fugitive warlord Joseph Kony, whose global profile shot up recently thanks to a celebrity-backed Internet campaign to bring him to justice.
Originally posted by LeLeu
I wonder how many child soldiers
they will have to kill in battle to get to Kony.
Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by DavidWillts
How many of the Child soldiers in the Ugandan army will die hunting him though?
Hundreds of former child soldiers abducted by the rebel Lord's Resistance Army are returning to the battlefield to fight for the Ugandan army.
Army spokesman Major Shaban Bantariza admits some of them are under the legal age of 18 but says signing them up is the lesser of two evils.
The building of strategic partnerships is politically difficult, given the ANC regime's rejection of AFRICOM during the stand-up process in 2007 and 2008.
...but the task force needed more international support, Uganda's defence minister said last week.