It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AU to launch 5,000-strong force for Kony hunt on Saturday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

AU to launch 5,000-strong force for Kony hunt on Saturday

ca.news.yahoo.com

ENTEBBE, Uganda (Reuters) - The African Union will launch a 5,000-strong military force on Saturday in Juba, Southern Sudan, to hunt down fugitive warlord Joseph Kony, whose global profile shot up recently thanks to a celebrity-backed Internet campaign to bring him to justice.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
+ the 100 US Troops sent there by Obama in October.

First it starts with an African Union, then I'm sure NATO will set up to train these soldiers and equipment them with the latest and greatest tracking equipment.. then who knows?

I can see it all unfolding, and fortunately enough this time.. so can the rest of the world.

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Looks to me like an attempt for NATO to directly challenge China's hegemony in Africa. I will be interested to see how this plays out.
edit on 23-3-2012 by v8poweredsofa because: hegemony is a better word

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by v8poweredsofa

Yup! Exactly the reason the video went viral. Now we see why...not a big surprise.
TPTB have a very predictable formula and it's exactly that...predictable.

Also I read reports that he has not been seen in 6 years. Just saying'.....
edit on 23-3-2012 by TETRA.X because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Happy Hunting to them all! I wish them the best of luck on their..umm..Safari..and here is hoping they have his head to bring back, stuck on a pike and affixed to the lead vehicle or landing skid of the helicopter leading them back.

This is truly a case where one needs to die as they have lived. Here, our hunting target lived as a two legged animal carrying a real slice of pure evil. I don't need to SEE it...like Gadaffi was done for far far less reason...but if Kony happens to go real slow and real hard among those who take pleasure in it....well...what I don't know won't bother me a bit. Not for him.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Seriously this is insane, that a guy on youtube can prompt people to start a man-hunt for a "war criminal" that has been out of the country for 7 years. And really what makes him any worse than the leaders of Uganda? If their anti-homosexuality law passes they are going to start another African genocide but that is okay because it will be "legal".
People are so easy to manipulate via youtube
edit on 23-3-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I wonder how many child soldiers
they will have to kill in battle to get to Kony.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeLeu
I wonder how many child soldiers
they will have to kill in battle to get to Kony.

Not many considering the lords resistance army is now under 300 people and no longer a threat to Uganda. I mean the Mexican drug cartels kill much much more AMERICANS every year, why isn't Obama sending military down there to wipe out the drug lords and "help mexico" with their war lord problems? And by help i do not mean give more guns

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
They will go on a killing spree hunting him, with weapons paid for by hipster teens of the world.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DavidWillts

How many of the Child soldiers in the Ugandan army will die hunting him though?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by v8poweredsofa

Yep.. Obama tried to go after Kony in 2010, but it was cancelled. They found a way to get young folk to fund it directly.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by DavidWillts

How many of the Child soldiers in the Ugandan army will die hunting him though?

It depends, are we only going to count the ones that are fighting for the "bad guys"? I mean if youtube says they are bad guys than they MUST be.

news.bbc.co.uk...
Hundreds of former child soldiers abducted by the rebel Lord's Resistance Army are returning to the battlefield to fight for the Ugandan army.
Army spokesman Major Shaban Bantariza admits some of them are under the legal age of 18 but says signing them up is the lesser of two evils.

Child soldiers are only bad when it is not Hipster Approved™
edit on 23-3-2012 by DavidWillts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
After my own research (as well as some friends) of Invisible Children and its backing by very interesting organizations, I believed that Southern Sudan was the target starting point. Seems to be developing that way. Lots and lots of time, money and effort went into setting this up IMO. I would be very surprised if this is not just a first step.
edit on 3/23/2012 by Open2Truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Big oil will fall and many of us will be glad when it finally does. I hope the suits that planned this get haunted by the Gods and Goddesses of Voodoo, they'll soon pull their troops out if that happens.
edit on 23-3-2012 by robhines because: typo

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I prefer to call it Phony 2012.. The video is full of tricks to make you get emotional.

Are we going to go after all the people in Africa that have child soldiers or just this guy?

What about the ones that will come after them?

Once hes dead if hes not already, what do we do with all the kids who just know how to kill people?

I'm not saying Kony is a good guy or anything, but having their problems fixed by outsiders isn't going to make them any better at stopping it themselves when it happens again.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

Bur you think the sheeps on Kony YouTube Video will understand that?
nah there somewhat to stupid if you talk about the truth you will get insulted.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Africa has indeed been the scene of some interesting developments over the years.

The United States could not establish military bases on the continent; Africom was not welcomed...

The building of strategic partnerships is politically difficult, given the ANC regime's rejection of AFRICOM during the stand-up process in 2007 and 2008.

source

Overt overtures to African nations would be humanitarian. Pres George W Bush would give billions in AIDS aid. And having Christian Congressmen (C Street) add their influence especially in Uganda helped lay the ground for a friendly invasion.

And lol having right wing favorite Pat Robertson use his Operation Blessings to do humanitarian work when his planes weren't flying mining equipment must have made an impression. Lots of faith-based $ there.

Of course, some faith-based people question "boots on the ground". Of course, they'll no doubt be labeled "terrorist supporting" (the updated aspersion for "Communist").

China likes Uganda.

So, yes, we must "help" our friend Uganda. Not! and Not!

...but the task force needed more international support, Uganda's defence minister said last week.

So, he said in Jan this year, that 2011 was peaceful in Uganda. Then why the need to "increase security" with military in 2012?

Why indeed, and how was he and the rest of his govt "convinced" they need international troops?.

new topics

top topics

join