It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

seeing moving shadows behind my eyes without a source to cast them... please, someone give me some f

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The question most of you are ignoring is "why is this just happening in her bf's room"? Why not in all the other rooms she uses?

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
thank you for all of your responses. perhaps i'm being misunderstood, so please allow me to reiterate.

i did a lot of research prior to creating this thread and, yes, i happened upon the concept of floaters in the process. i did considerable reseach into this topic as well, to make sure this isn't what i am experiencing. i even did a google image search and found many pictures of what floaters look like. they are NOT EVEN CLOSE to what i am experiencing. there are no floating spots/dots/specks, no strings, no "webs," no flashes of light, no other floater-y things, and certainly nothing that even remotely resembles any of the images i found or the descriptions i read. you see, if i thought that floaters were a possible culprit, my question would have been answered a long time ago through my own research, and i wouldn't have had to bother with creating this thread and wasting anyone's time. but it's NOT floaters. that's the crazy part! so in summation, no floaters.

furthermore, they are not closed-eye visualizations. i also know what those are, as does everyone - they are the weird different-colored shapes and blobs and forms that you see with your eyes closed, especially at night when you're in bed with the heebie-jeebies. and it's not that either. i haven't found anything, in my research, that sounds like what i'm observing.

what i am experiencing, i have seen many times before, as has everyone. but the difference is that the situation that normally causes what i am seeing is not present. so it doesn't make sense. what i am experiencing looks JUST like someone is waving something in front of my face with my eyes closed. i see the SHADOW of movement in front of my face; it looks no different from any other time i've had my eyes closed and something has moved past my face. if anyone has ever had their eyes closed in a well-lit room and someone walks past right in front of them, they see that something in front of them moved because there is a sort of shadowy blur that they see behind their eyelids. does ANYONE know what i'm talking about? go outside, close your eyes and face the sun, and wave your hand in front of your face from one side to the other. you know that dark shadow you see moving from one side of your vision field to the other, behind your eyelids? THAT is what i am seeing. however, when i open my eyes, there is nothing there. nothing was moving in front of my face. yet there was something casting that shadow. and it was nothing like floaters or closed-eye visualizations.

and besides, as the person above me said, the occurrence of floaters or closed-eye visualizations does not at all explain the fact that this phenomenon is only observed in one room of one apartment.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
If you think something is there place a bowl of salt under his bed. It sounds weird but it works.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

It might be your third eye opening.

Honestly, I went through something similar a few years ago, and kept seeing things moving around when I closed my eyes. I then began to try focusing on what I was seeing, and I began seeing all these images of stuff going on like a movie show. It isn't like dreaming, or day dreaming, I'm awake watching this, and it is very random, nothing that I know or experience regularly. I see this in my bedroom laying down. It is kind of dark, but with plenty of light to see.

I am still not quite sure of what to make of this, but it isn't something I think I need to fear.

Poet, this creepily mimics my experiences so I must agree with this assessment. This began for me when I turned 33, and evolved over a period of months into what I'm stuck calling "movies" when I closed my eyes. Never in color and always backlit, these shadows began telling stories, or the "movies" as I call them, of the destruction of mankind.

The blessing, if you can call it that, is that the paranormal situations I had periodically encountered up to this point caused absolutely none of the fear they once had. To illustrate how scared I can become by a flipping movie, I turned Paranormal Activity into Aerobic Activity. I sat a total of four minutes, and jogged around the house while my boyfriend emceed the event. I was into the story, the characters and the direction. But when that camcorder panned, I jogged, jumped and paused profusely to catch my breath. Then I watched the sequel while sipping Gatorade. But since these movies began, there is a doubtless fearlessness I exhibit any and every time I have a visitor, and I never imagined I could get to that place. Of course I never imagined posessing such an admirable fearlessness, while simultaneously spraining my ankle watching Paranormal Activity III because it was so damn freaky.

You may have to hold on for this ride. Feel free to PM me...

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Violets

I have the exact thing happen to me in my bedroom at night. I'm not a perv or kidding, but I get these after I cum. So maybe it is at her boyfriends bedroom after they have sex? I've been to the dr and she had no clue what I was talking about. Of course I didn't tell her it was after I have sex. Maybe it is something to do with blood pressure on the optic nerve. It is sort of scary.. For me it is like a one way wind shield wiper effect of a shadow passing over my eye over and over. I'll usually get up walk around some and and then lay back down eventually falling asleep.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I had a similar situation happening in an apartment that I lived in that was brand new. I went for weeks without telling anyone, and then mentioned it to a neighbor that was a good friend.

She told me she had a similar experience, and told me that she sent the shadows she saw packing, and I think they landed in my place...........

There is more to the story, but perhaps you should be asking your neighbors if they have been seeing anything else as well.

Always check for medical reasons first, but, I will tell you that what my friend experienced, and then what I did, made the coincidence...well let's say, something paranormal.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Interesting account.

May I ask, what kind of light source(s) are you dealing with? Does this phenomenon only occur with artificial light?

Perhaps you could ask more people to sit in the room and close their eyes, then tell you if they experience anything out of the ordinary.

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Like ummm hello, I totally know how to cure that...

1) Starbucks mocha frap
2) shopping spree
3) get buzzed with your bf
5) have wild sex

Like ummm hello get with the program baby doll!

posted on Aug, 9 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

hey ive recently had that,i was actually seeing shadows around me.It was like people were walking around in my house, but i replied because i know it acutally was of sleep deprivation i done some research while i hadn't been sleeping an realised you need sleep to function,an i looked at the parts of the brain that start to slow down an or stop releasing chemicals. I had been awake for 4 or 5 days with insomnia,or you could say a deeeeep passion for reading an drinking coffee to keep reading haha,so i suggest to anybody who thinks seeing shadows would be cool dont try it ,i was put on the edge of my sanity while i was going to sleep, there were hands around me trying to grab me an it was like i could hear voices an people speaking to me. I am fine now but it still makes you think...i have seen an felt apparitions such as ghosts or spirits,but ill save that for my own post

posted on Sep, 4 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Violets
Hey there, did you ever get an answer for your experience?
I've recently only just started to look for others who have experienced the same thing.

I have these too, my first was when I was about 5 or 6, had several through the years (while laying in bed and in the mornings) I'm 53 now. I think I have realised what it is. and I have to ask you do the shadows always move from the right to the left, I've seen white lights go in the other direction too, but only once that I remember.

I think I know what it is, but it is a very woo subject.

Look forward to your reply

posted on Dec, 8 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I too can relate to the phenomena. Exact same thing almost word for word. The only thing I can really add is that before I close my eyes, I know when I will see them. Its a....feeling I guess. I don't really know how to explain it. Something feels different. It's pretty random and it doesn't happen every night. I usually only see a few at once and it's almost always followed by very vivid dreams.

posted on Dec, 2 2018 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violets
i'm sorry if this is in the wrong spot; i wasn't sure if i should put it in "philosophy and metaphysics" or "health and wellness" because i don't know for sure if it's something wrong with my eyes or if i'm picking up something "strange." aaaaaaanyway...

for the last few days i've been experiencing a strange thing - always at my boyfriend's apartment (as opposed to at work, in a car, at my parents' house, at my apartment, at friends' houses or apartments, anywhere in public, etc.). ONLY experienced it at the bf's place - more specifically, in his bedroom. see, he shares the apartment with 3 roommates, so his bedroom is "his spot," where most of his stuff is and where we sometimes hang out. i only mention this because i feel like my experiences may have something to do with his bedroom, if not his apartment in general.

here's my situation - you know how when your eyes are shut, your eyes can still detect if something in front of them is moving by the shadow that passes across your vision field? if you don't know exactly what i mean, try this: make sure you're in a well-lit room, close your eyes and face the source of light in the room, and wave your hand across your vision field from one side to the other (not too fast). even with your eyes closed, you'll still be able to detect this movement because you will see a sort of shadow cross your field of vision.

that being said, for the last few days whenever i'm at my boyfriend's apartment (especially in his bedroom), i've been frequently experiencing these shadows crossing my field of vision with my eyes closed, but when i open up my eyes, literally NOTHING in the room is or was moving. boyfriend wasn't moving, there was nothing obstructing my view of the lights in the room, NOTHING there that normally causes this phenomenon.

i attempted to do some research on this; the closest thing (but not really close at all) thing that i found was that some people experiencing retinal detachment sometimes see bright flashes of light in a similar manner. but the thing is that it's not bright flashes, it's never bright flashes. it's only ever been darkish shadows, like someone is waving their hand right in front of my face while my eyes are closed. but then, like i said, when i open my eyes back up, there is nothing there to have caused these shadows. and every time it happens, i open my eyes back up really fast to see what the hell was moving in front of my face (as anyone would). but nothing is ever there.

i don't want to speak too soon, but i'm inclined to rule out any optical pathologies - i've never had ANY problems with my eyes; in fact, my whole family are blind as a bat and wear glasses, but i have 20/8 vision. YES, 20/8 vision (and i'm not adopted). i attribute it to eating lots and lots of carrots. i'm only mentioning this so you know that my eyes are in good shape to rule out vision problems. i don't, and have never had problems with hallucinations or mental health and i haven't abused psychotropic substances, so i don't think that i'm hallucinating. i asked the bf if he'd experienced the same thing and he hasn't.

also, if it matters, there has been talk in the past of a ghost or demon or something "not alive" inhabiting the apartment. but i don't really believe in or am afraid of ghosts or demons bothering me. in fact, i'm not sure if i even believe in ghosts. all i have is this weird flashes-of-shadows thing to go off of, and i'm trying to get to the bottom of it. i'm not overtly afraid or anxious about it. it's just kind of annoying to me and i want to attempt to get to the bottom of it. thank you in advance for any input.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I hope it's much more interesting than my guess. I'm guessing you have a sensitivity to the frequency of the lights. If they are CFL or Florescent that is. I suppose the voltage of the electrical current could affect incandescent bulbs also.
Below talks about LED bulbs in particular but can be applied to CFL if the flicker is detected.
Swap the light bulbs out with a different brand.

Are there any health effects associated with light flicker?

SCHEER (the Scientific Committee on Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks) in Europe released an opinion paper which states:

"LED lighting can produce a stroboscopic effect, depending on the degree of modulation. The use of modulated LED lighting in domestic and other non-industrial environments where awareness is likely to be low is of a concern. Although no published case studies were identified, there are claims that a small number of people are very sensitive to temporal light modulation at about 100 Hz, triggering symptoms such as headaches, migraine and general malaise."

From: SCHEER (Scientific Committee on Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks), Opinion on Potential risks to human health of Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs), 6 June 2018.

Malaise: A general feeling of discomfort, illness, or uneasiness whose exact cause is difficult to identify.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Have you ever had any head trauma?

A common thing for people that suffer from TBI (Traumatic Brain Injury) is seeing dark patches moving around. During my studies of Shadow People, I had learned about this issue with people in order to rule out possible causes of what they were seeing.

So even if you had a slight knock on the noggin in your past, it might be causing these shadows to be experienced by you. My best advice is to consult your doctor and inquire about any issues with this. I would tell your doctor that you are seeing dark spots or shaded areas instead of shadows. So I'm not saying this to scare you, but it's a safe way of ruling out this issue you seem to be having, and it might even head off issues in the future if these are related.

Another thing this could be, but less of a topic that should be discussed on here is stress. If you are having issues with your boyfriend, then the issue of stress could very well be effecting your eye sight by masking small areas (aka shading spots) these vision spots are nothing more then your brain not filtering all of the information coming into your brain from your eyes correctly. So people who get stressed out can force themselves in to having tunnel vision, but under lighter stressful events (like issues in a relationship) people can get shady areas rather then tunnel vision episodes. If you are having relationship issues, you should probably address these issues with yourself, or if you want with your boyfriend. BUT don't blame me for any issues that come from this. I am not a relationship counselor.

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Describe the physical layout of the room. Location of any and all light sources (and what they are) with respect to your location in the room.
What is outside the window?, what is in front of it? What can obstruct the Sun from the viewpoint of the window. Are there tall buildings, trees, flags etc that the Sun will move behind at certain times of the day?
edit on 4-12-2018 by charlyv because: c

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
OP hasnt come back to this thread in years....

posted on Dec, 4 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: staple
I hope it's much more interesting than my guess. I'm guessing you have a sensitivity to the frequency of the lights. If they are CFL or Florescent that is. I suppose the voltage of the electrical current could affect incandescent bulbs also.
Below talks about LED bulbs in particular but can be applied to CFL if the flicker is detected.
Swap the light bulbs out with a different brand.

Are there any health effects associated with light flicker?

SCHEER (the Scientific Committee on Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks) in Europe released an opinion paper which states:

"LED lighting can produce a stroboscopic effect, depending on the degree of modulation. The use of modulated LED lighting in domestic and other non-industrial environments where awareness is likely to be low is of a concern. Although no published case studies were identified, there are claims that a small number of people are very sensitive to temporal light modulation at about 100 Hz, triggering symptoms such as headaches, migraine and general malaise."

From: SCHEER (Scientific Committee on Health, Environmental and Emerging Risks), Opinion on Potential risks to human health of Light Emitting Diodes (LEDs), 6 June 2018.

Malaise: A general feeling of discomfort, illness, or uneasiness whose exact cause is difficult to identify.

This is exactly what I was going to say.

I was experiencing the same shadow/flickering.

I thought I was going nuts because nobody else could see what I was talking about in our kitchen (We have LEDs everywhere but it was only the overhead kitchen light).

My wife spends just as much time as I do there but neither she nor any friends would notice it so I stopped mentioning it.

Then a few weeks ago we bought new bulbs to replace the old ones that burned out. Happened to be a different (cheaper/Amazon) brand. Viola! No more flicker/shadows.

However, my best friend was over this past weekend and she said, "Wow! That's what you were talking about?!"

Now she sees the flicker/shadow...

posted on Dec, 7 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I put Led all through the house and noticed the strobe when i turned my head. Then i took a tolerance break from Cannabis and can't notice it anymore. Probably end up going back to incandescent

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join