It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Poland hit by mysterious record-breaking earthquake

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Warsaw Business Journal Online: Northern Poland hit by mysterious record-breaking earthquake

"The Northern East of Poland experienced an earthquake yesterday.

The quake exceeded 5 on the 10 point Richter scale, which makes it the strongest ever recorded in the region. The epicenter was in the Russian Kaliningrad region. Two shock waves were not powerful enough to cause any serious damage, but it was enough to cause some walls in Suwa�ki to crack. Scientists are at a loss to explain possible reasons for the earthquake as the region is not considered to be seismic. They have not exclude the idea that it might have been caused by a huge explosion somewhere along the Russian Baltic coast. "There are no natural reasons for such a powerful earthquake to happen in this place," stated professor Marek Grad from Warsaw University. The Russians, however, assured that the shakes were caused by natural reasons"

USGS: Magnitude 5.0 RUSSIA-POLAND BORDER REGION
Tuesday, September 21, 2004 at 13:32:30 UTC
Remarks: Slight damage to utilities at Kaliningrad, Russia. Felt at Harju, Estonia; Riga, Latvia; and Kaliningrad, Russia

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Could it be that there is a fault there that up untill now has been undetected?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeeze louise
Could it be that there is a fault there that up untill now has been undetected?

I don�t know.

However, I was notified of this article by "DanG"`s post on Climatepatrol :
Climatepatrol: "Rare" earthquakes in Northern Europe

I was originally starting that thread about some other earthquakes which also occured yesterday...
And there were confusing reports in danish and norwegian regarding this and maybe some other quakes in Denmark and Norway.

[edit on 2004/9/23 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My conspiracy "spidy" sense is tingling.

I remember seeing an "authoritative" earthquake thread around here ... but I can't find it since I did not post to it. "Quake Watch" or something like that?

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:02 AM
link   

If it was an explosion, wouldn`t they be able to see it on the "signature" of the quake-data?
And they say they are "scientists"/experts?
Smells like a coverup to me...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
I remember seeing an "authoritative" earthquake thread around here ... but I can't find it since I did not post to it. "Quake Watch" or something like that?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I believe this is the thread you are searching for.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:16 AM
link   
There's actually been a thread on this earthquake already. Very odd indeed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hello all, very new here so please forgive me if i upset any one.
But was reading something on ATS only this morning around the NWO thread i think.
It explained how a series of 'earth quakes' will be used around the globe to reveal ancient things that will dispell all religion ???

Could it be the start ?????/

Always keep the mind open

top topics

join