It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These guys have WAY too much time on their hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is a really cool vid showing some guys driving their car through a course making music for their song. It must have cost a fortune to put all that together and get everything spaced properly. Just imaging the cost of all those pianos they had lined up alone.

The new music video from OK Go, made in partnership with Chevrolet. OK Go set up over 1000 instruments over two miles of desert outside Los Angeles. A Chevy Sonic was outfitted with retractable pneumatic arms designed to play the instruments, and the band recorded this version of Needing/Getting, singing as they played the instrument array with the car. The video took 4 months of preparation and 4 days of shooting and recording. There are no ringers or stand-ins; Damian took stunt driving lessons. Each piano had the lowest octaves tuned to the same note so that they'd play the right note no matter where they were struck. Many thanks to Chevy for believing in and supporting such an insane and ambitious project, and to Gretsch for providing the guitars and amps.

Youtube

edit on 3/23/12 by FortAnthem because:
_____________ extra DIV

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Too much time on their hands? They get paid to make music! They are the ones living the dream while we go out to our 9-5 jobs that most of us hate, or go spend 12 hours + overtime in a warehouse somewhere.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Well considering they were hitting crap along the side of the road, I'd say it sounded like crap, or shattered crap anyway.
I gave it a thumbs down.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
At first I thought they wear actually making music with the car but if you look at the flaps some times they hit hard and do not make a sound, its fake.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

It's not fake, it's "OK Go"!!

The guys that already gave us

and

They are just different....

Nice thread

Peace
edit on 23-3-2012 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
. Many thanks to Chevy for believing in and supporting such an insane and ambitious project, and to Gretsch for providing the guitars and amps.

Youtube

Lemme figure this out. Chevy is a General Motors company. General Motors took 13.5 billion from Bush and 39 billion from Obama for bailouts. This is what we got

Oh yeah. We got the Chevy Volt too.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish614

Well, they signed to EMI and when EMI started pulling their videos from youtube they formed their own independent label. I would hazard a guess that it hasn't all been plain sailing no matter what their commercial fortunes may be. All their videos are freely available on youtube. This latest one was done in collaboration with whoever makes the Chevy Sonic.

I think they are pretty cool, saw em live here too.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Lemme figure this out. Chevy is a General Motors company. General Motors took 13.5 billion from Bush and 39 billion from Obama for bailouts. This is what we got

Oh yeah. We got the Chevy Volt too.

I think at least we got our money's worth for this video.

Now the volt, that's another matter...

ETA: This reminds me of this old commercial. I wonder how much time it took to build all that in the middle of the woods.

edit on 3/23/12 by FortAnthem because:

top topics

join