It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme Weather Watch 2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
After recently composing a thread in the Board Business & Question Forum, Here, a suggestion by angelchemuel and the potent end to 2011/start of 2012, i feel it justifiable to create a thread that users can post information on the extreme weather we experience in the coming year.

No one needs me to list recent threads on extreme weather, as I'm sure we have all seen the threads and the MSM articles.

The tail end of last year saw some pretty wild weather here in the UK, not snowy but damaging winds. Europe saw a massive freeze that took the lives of hundreds of people and the US has already seen the beginning of its tornado season.

There are areas at present that are experiencing unusual weather for the time of year. Places that should be snowy are experiencing summer-like weather.

Extreme weather is a hobby of mine, but even i cannot deny that there is something a-miss with the recent patterns. It may be solar, it may be unknown forces, it may be the earths tilt, heck it may even be HARPP. Whatever it is, any form of advanced warning to fellow members could save lives.

I have listed below links to some pretty good websites for European and US members for up-to-date weather data.

I know the world is bigger than Europe and the US but i don't really pay much attention to live data regarding the rest of the world simply because the US weather affects the UK more than any other continents weather. Any members out there, please feel free to link your favorite weather feeds for your area.

Please feel free to use this thread as a place to post your experiences, warnings, photos, videos, links etc. The more input that is relevant the better.

Europe Weather Data Links

European Weather
European Sat Images
European Severe Weather Alerts
Real Time Lightning Europe

US Weather Data Links

US Live Lightning
US Weather Forecast Maps
US Tornado Reports
US Severe Weather
US Sat Images

I sure hope this years weather remains somewhat benign throughout the year globally, but if we go by the past 3-6 months, we can be assured that we will probably be in for a bumpy ride weather wise.

edit on 23/3/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Found this article which supports your OP of weird weather.
It's already affecting crops out your way.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Good idea!

I'm in the middle of North America - Winnipeg. Winters normally are very cold but this year was extremely warm. Plus, we've had summer weather already - usually the ground doesn't thaw until May.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Item

March Warmth Rewrites Record Books
by Jonathan Erdman, weather.com Sr. Meteorologist
Updated: March 22, 2012 7:30 am ET

We've seen an amazing, historic run of record warmth in March 2012. It's been the talk of towns from Minnesota and Michigan to Tennessee and Georgia for a couple of weeks now.

First, consider the sheer number of daily record highs either tied or broken over the past two weeks. The counts below are courtesy of the National Climatic Data Center. If you pull out your calculator and add the numbers up from March 9 to March 19, the total exceeds 4,300!! This speaks to the widespread nature and longevity of this warm spell. The records from March 20 to March 21 have not been fully compiled at this time and will be added when they become available.

In a typical March, particularly in the nation's northern tier, you may see, perhaps, one or perhaps two days of record warmth before a sharp cold front brings that spring tease to a screeching halt. Not so in March 2012.

Through March 21, International Falls, Minn., self-promoted as the "Icebox of the Nation", has tied or broken daily record highs 11 of the past 12 days! This includes Sunday's 79 degree high, which is the warmest day ever recorded during March in International Falls.
www.weather.com...

March's massive warmth: This shows temperature departures from average for the first half of March 2012. The brown shadings show where temperatures have been most above average.
Images credit: NOAA/CPC

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Link

Here is a link to the "Record Extremes" page at wunderground.com. It features a handy search interface and interactive map.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Item

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Confirmed by WMO: Extreme Weather Events Are An Increasing Trend
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by this_is_who_we_are
started on 3/24/2012 @ 10:02 AM

edit on 3/24/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jrmcleod

Item

SOLAR STORM HEATS UP EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE
spaceweather.com...

SOLAR STORM HEATS UP EARTH'S ATMOSPHERE: A flurry of solar activity in early March dumped enough heat in Earth's upper atmosphere to power every residence in New York City for two years. The heat has since dissipated, but there's more to come as the solar cycle intensifies.

Full Story: Solar Storm Dumps Gigawatts Into Earth's Upper Atmosphere
science.nasa.gov...

“This was the biggest dose of heat we’ve received from a solar storm since 2005,” says Martin Mlynczak of NASA Langley Research Center. “It was a big event, and shows how solar activity can directly affect our planet.”...

The action produced spectacular auroras around the poles and significant upper atmospheric heating all around the globe.

The storm is over now, but Russell and Mlynczak expect more to come.
“We’re just emerging from a deep solar minimum,” says Russell. “The solar cycle is gaining strength with a maximum expected in 2013.”

More sunspots flinging more CMEs toward Earth adds up to more opportunities for SABER to study the heating effect of solar storms.

“This is a new frontier in the sun-Earth connection,” says Mlynczak, and the data we’re collecting are unprecedented.”

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm currently in the US with work, down in the "Big Easy", went online to catch up on the news back home (in Scotland) and it appears they have broken their all time March highest temperature ever recorded this past 3 days. Now that is strange because its not uncommon for snow at this time of year there. Its currently 23oC...

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Cross Reference

Whats Going On? Strange Events and Earth Changes Reported On The News In April 2012
by Somethingintheclouds
started on 5/15/2012 @ 07:18 PM

Originally posted by Somethingintheclouds
I do love these Earth Changes compilation videos but this one is by far the most shocking I have seen and proof the perhaps either the # is going to hit the fan soon or the end times are coming.

edit on 5/16/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: link

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I'm a new member of this site. I felt like this should go in this thread. This event happened on 5/16/2012 about 2:15am Eastern time.

I check the national weather radar often to see if any bad storms are headed my way. I watched, all of a sudden a rotating storm popped up south west of where I live moving north east. I have a weather radio that should have went off, but it didn't. I then went on to the NOAA website to check the radar and I saw rotating storms all over the US even in Alaska. I clicked on each link zooming into the different sections of the map and saw each of these weather formations were classified as Tornado warnings, severe thunderstorm, flash flood warnings. I thought this to be very strange especially when I saw one over Seattle, Washington from which my grandmother is from and she says that never happens.
I started reading more into weather control and HAARP and It would seem to me that this is evidence of weather control.
What do y'all think?

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
'Downburst' in Minn. Blows Out Windows, Rips 400-lb. AC Units from Roof - May 23, 2012

"NEW ULM, Minn. (AP/WCCO) — A burst of strong winds has damaged dozens of vehicles at a south-central Minnesota car dealership.

Winds and heavy rain ripped through Kohls-Weelborg Chevrolet in New Ulm around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. Cars sustained broken windows, metal flag poles snapped like twigs and air conditioning units flew off nearby store ceilings.

wow

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
We are now on the B's in the named weather systems moving off the east coast.
Alberto-Tropical storm May 19th 2012
Beryl-Tropical storm May 23rd 2012
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

that goes wit the weather trend of Minnesota, the tornado season starting in march going to november. peak being in june, usually happening between 4pm-6pm
What we have to watch for is an increase above the average.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-5-2012 by gooseandspoons because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Yes that was very bumpy ride. But i sure do love this severe weather. I'm not incredibly far from there. Getting some bad weather right now also and suppose to get some really nasty weather tomorrow. Cant wait.

posted on Jun, 1 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
'Downburst' in Minn. Blows Out Windows, Rips 400-lb. AC Units from Roof - May 23, 2012

"NEW ULM, Minn. (AP/WCCO) — A burst of strong winds has damaged dozens of vehicles at a south-central Minnesota car dealership.

Winds and heavy rain ripped through Kohls-Weelborg Chevrolet in New Ulm around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday. Cars sustained broken windows, metal flag poles snapped like twigs and air conditioning units flew off nearby store ceilings.

wow

www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-5-2012 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

Greetings:

Great thread and thanks for the head's up.

Wow is right!

WTF is up with all the strange weather?

We have actually asked that question here.

Perhaps others have noticed 'odd' weather where they live and will share their experiences.

The volcano activity worldwide is rather disconcerting...

Peace Love Light
tfw
[align=center][color=magenta]Liberty & Equality or Revolution[/align]

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Here is another thread of interest:

Thousands of records broken: Jet stream pulled up towards Canada, out of whack says meteorologists
by murkraz
started on 7/9/2012 @ 03:20 AM

Originally posted by murkraz
I know there's a thread for the extreme heat in the US, but I wanted to pull more attention towards Canada, the UK and other places that are experiencing odd climate, too.

People have been preaching 2012 for a while, and at this point I'm questioning why this year is so different it seems. Why have so many records been shattered since winter?

While temperatures throughout Canada and the US don't look too bad on this map, I'm looking more towards further up North on Tuesday. (Link to 5-day maps below)

If Alberta/Saskatchewan/NWT sees as much as a 5 degree increase from the map above then surely heaps of records will become broken further up North for the month of July.

I believe the next week or two will shatter many temperature records for Canada while the South gets somewhat of a break (and hopefully rain in places that need it.)

As of the past few weeks I cannot even rely on the weather forecast as it is shifting every few hours to something entirely different than the hours beforehand. It's a total mess.

UK weather: No sign of sun for the next ten days, say forecasters

Rain rain go away: How the Jetstream is blocking a UK summer

Russia's Weather to Become More Extreme, Scientist Says

Heat wave: Midwest plain 'out of whack' as records shatter

Canada's top weather forecaster calls for hot, dry summer across the country

Recent extreme weather in U.S. will become new normal, scientists predict

United States Broke 2,284 Daily High Temperature Records in June

U.S. Heat Wave Persists, Kills 30

US - 4500 record highs broken

It’s not that the Midwest hasn’t been extremely hot before, and it’s not that it hasn’t been incredibly dry. But it’s unusual for a vast swath of the Midwest to be so very hot and so very dry for so very long — particularly this early in the summer. The current heat wave — which is spurring comparisons to the catastrophic heat of 1936 — is “out of whack,” meteorologist Jim Keeney said Friday in an interview with the Los Angeles Times. “Even on the East Coast today, temperatures are 100 or above” — basically, Keeney said, the heat wave extends from Kansas all the way to the East Coast. “It’s a good chunk of the eastern half of the country, barring the far northern states, of course. So it’s pretty intense.”

Temperature records are being broken and residents are suffering in what Keeney called a “corridor of extreme heat,” generally through Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and into western Kentucky. Heat records are being shattered as are records for the number of days in a row the temperature has hit 100 or higher, he said. Take St. Louis, for example. The last time the city was this hot for this long was in 1936, said Keeney, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service Central Region Headquarters in Kansas City, Mo. Then, the city recorded 13 days in a row of temperatures 100 degrees Fahrenheit or over. That devastating heat wave of the mid-’30s killed thousands of people and destroyed many crops.

The culprit in the current wave is a dome of high pressure that has been hovering over the eastern part of the U.S., said NWS spokesman Pat Slattery in an interview with The Times on Friday. “It’s kicked the jet stream way to north, in some places into Canada, so there’s no way for the normal rotation of weather systems to get here into the middle of the country, which would bring us some moisture. So drought becomes more and more a major factor.”

UK - It could rain until September

BRITAIN is facing its “worst ever” summer with cold wet weather ruining family holidays and blighting the Olympics, forecasters warned last night. August is set to be a washout following a miserable July and the wettest June since records began – meaning summer is effectively over.

Gloomy forecasts suggest dire weather will continue as officials last night put Britain on flood alert after torrential downpours yesterday wreaked havoc.

As the Environment Agency warned of a “potential danger to life” with rivers swelling to breaking point in the Midlands, Yorkshire and Wales, Government forecasters were on standby to brief the Cabinet if severe floods strike.

The agency last night issued 51 flood warnings – meaning flooding is expected – and 135 alerts. Monsoon-like downpours hit 85,000 music fans at the T In The Park festival in Kinross, Scotland, and 28,000 Formula 1 spectators camping for the British Grand Prix weekend at Silverstone. Race meetings today in Nottingham and Carlisle were cancelled while play was delayed on all courts at Wimbledon – other than Centre Court.

Helpful links:

Jetstream - NOAA - TOR:CON - Intellicast

NA - 5-Day Weather Map

Global Real-time Weather Maps

1936 North American Heat Wave
edit on 9/7/12 by murkraz because: links, links, links

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Its certainly shaping up to be a pretty record breaking year...my concern i snow turning towards Autumn and Winter. These are usually the worst times of the year from the UK and Europe and the US. If this summer is anything to go by we will either be basking in crazy hot weather or under 15 feet of snow...

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
A small town near me was still clearing up from the floods two weeks ago when it was hit again.
I'm not sure if my home grown crops will survive and a nearby slope is on the move.
We have more torrential downpours forecast for this weekend. 2012 is shaping up to be pretty interesting.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
where i am it's been raining daily for a week and that's unusual. the radar pattern is odd too. i watch the radar any time it's looking like rain and it's not typical for things to just swirl day after day after day. we really need the rain due to the severe drought so i'm not complaining. i just think the pattern of rain fall is unusual.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i live in S.E. Washington state. we are having our daily t-storm as i write this. we have been getting large t-storms and heavy rain in this area daily for over two weeks straight. Unusual? very! i have lived here for 28 years and dont recall anything like this. We may get an ocasional stray storm in the summer, but never day after day after day. We have had flash flood warnings for a week now, its just unbelievable.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join