It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we start pinning threads?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
There are so many noobs now on ats that every week you see the same thread over and over and over. If I see one more "why is the weather so strange" thread on Fragile Earth I am going to scream.

I wish we could start pinning topics on the top of the threads, ones we see over and over again.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
what's the point of real time discussion if you can't discuss something that has already been said. Events change and something doesn't stay in the same thought process for months. I disagree with new threads not being able to be created if it was talked about 2 months ago because many new people and ideas can always be brought forth to the topic and usually those old threads are locked.
edit on 23-3-2012 by jvm222 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It’s funny. I can always tell right away who is new and who isn’t. More people have joined in the last month than I’ve ever seen here on ATS. I know a few new members that are showing that “troll like behavior”. Not all, but some. I think there are some double memberships too. I would really like to see the statistics on who is from where.

Pinning sounds like a great idea. If I see another thread talking about those "strange sounds" here and there and everywhere, I’m going to throw-up..

edit on 23-3-2012 by Propulsion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Originally posted by nixie_nox

.....same thread over and over and over. If I see one more "why is the weather so strange" thread on Fragile Earth I am going to scream.
Go ahead and scream. Sometimes, letting it all out can be very therapeutic. I won't hear it, so I won't be bothered.

I wish we could start pinning topics on the top of the threads, ones we see over and over again.
That could never work. The way you say "Can we......", implies that anybody would be able to do the pinning. It wouldn't take long before becoming difficult to find the new thread's, buried underneath all of the pinned threads.

The best thing you(anyone/everyone) can do, is to just not open them.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Just trollin thru...don't mind me.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jvm222

If the thread is several months old and the information is new, there is nothing wrong with that.

I am talking about frequent threads of the same subject over and over.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Oh the mods would do the pinning. Geesh, talk about splitting hairs, lol.

I can't imagine the chaos of letting the general ats population control anything. Though it might be amusing for a day or two.
edit on 23-3-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Oh the mods would do the pinning. Geesh, talk about splitting hairs, lol.
The Mods already have the ability to pin threads. Maybe not very often, and not many, but there are a few pinned threads at the top of the list in each individual forum.

Also, there are about 70 Mods on this site (give or take a few). If they all started pinning new threads, it would get cluttered quickly.

edit on 3/23/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join