It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this be the first zombie?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Read this article this morning. I am praying that someone is exaggerating the story or maybe it's just a one-time isolated paranormal event.

The story is basically this: Mortuary workers in Zambia had just recently admitted a deceased man into the mortuary when they heard a 'roar' coming from the room where he was placed. Like a scene from a Hollywood movie, the lights go out in the building just as the workers go searching for the source of the sound.

The deceased, identified as a Mr. Patrick Phiri, was carrying a carrying a case who's contents included a human-like skull and a snake. Earlier, the workers reported that the hair on the arms of Mr. Phiri was visibly growing as they were preparing him to be taken to the mortuary.

Source: Dead Man Roars

This story is going to make me think twice about mocking some fellow employees regarding the whole 2012 'zombie' thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Unabashedly talking about people praying to God for help, I like it.

We have people here that think we're it. Top dog, no God, no ET, no ED.

I have to ask, do these people get paid?

Maybe the elite are the virii and we are the OS. Then there are varying degrees of antivirus/malware apps

(I was just thinking due to that theoretical physics thread stating that their is computer code in the universe.)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MensaDude

Human-like skull? It says very clearly an leopard skull........sensationalism much?

Ive heard interesting things from this area of the world.......

This just seems like another over hyped and probably totally made up story

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
A strange story indeed.Under the circumstances i think they were wise to call a priest!Creepy!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Hehe, I like their final clean-up action: "BURN IT!! It damn well worked with the witches, it'll work with this voodoo-hoo-doo as well!" on a more serious note, can somone tell me what this allAfrica website is about? (don't say "all about africa" with a big grin either!)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Human-like skull? It says very clearly an leopard skull........sensationalism much?

I was remarking about the part, earlier in the story, where it said...

when they discovered a live snake, a human-like skull and other paraphernalia concealed in the victim's bag

So now I'm half wondering if it really was a human skull, but they modified the description to a leopard skull in order to try and tone it down some. Don't know, I obviously wasn't there.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inkrinhuminge

Hehe, I like their final clean-up action: "BURN IT!! It damn well worked with the witches, it'll work with this voodoo-hoo-doo as well!" on a more serious note, can somone tell me what this allAfrica website is about? (don't say "all about africa" with a big grin either!)

Inkrin - You read my mind! When in doubt, BURN IT!! LOL. ... I checked out some of the other articles on the site 'all about Africa' and it seems to be the MSNBC of Africa, as far as I can determine. First impression is that it's not a conspiracy site or some 'National Enquirer' type of place.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MensaDude

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

I was remarking about the part, earlier in the story, where it said...

when they discovered a live snake, a human-like skull and other paraphernalia concealed in the victim's bag

So now I'm half wondering if it really was a human skull, but they modified the description to a leopard skull in order to try and tone it down some. Don't know, I obviously wasn't there.

no lol the whole story is fake thats why they changed it............they dont operate in Africa like other countries do with journalism.........

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
LMAO reminds me of something a second cousin related to me, apparently in some rural towns in Mexico they do not have fancy embalming facilities, when they have a Velorio (Wake) the body is usually in someone's house or the small church, people usually attend them at night and pray till morning; this time it was in a house, they set up chairs and benches for the people to mourn and pray for deceased.... picture the stereotypical small Mexican town house from the old westerns, the room for the velorio is only lit by candles and very grim looking.

Well since no embalming procedures were taken; as some people were in the place praying, the body suddenly sat up and flailed it's arms about and started roaring growling and gurgling causing everyone to panic and run for their lives. After the scare wore down, some people realized that the abdominal and back muscles and the thoracic diaphragm must have contracted, lifting the body to sit up and pressed the air out of the lungs and some fluids to come out.

With that I am thinking it was more likely a similar case with this individual with the strange items in the carrying case lol

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
there have been studies done on a few real life "zombies"

enjoy
mindhacks.com...
www.forbes.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thanks Crakeur. When I have some time between work and school, I'll definitely check out those sites. Thanks also for moving this topic to the proper forum. I really wasn't sure where to place it when I first started the thread.
edit on 23-3-2012 by MensaDude because: additional comment added

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Dont worry,the dead won't start rising en masse.If we do have a Z-pocalypse,it will be due to a biological/chemical/bacterial agent like in The Crazies,or,God forbid,28 Days Later.Released on a population by accident or on purpose,my money would be on the latter ...In Haiti,its believed that when a zombie ingests salt,he/she regains their memory and at least some,if not all mental faculties.Well,lots of weird happenings in Africa, always been that way.I have heard about a thing being born in the small town of Hammanskraal-half human and half sheep.This was apparently witnessed by a fair amount of people.It was supposed to have human legs,if i remember correctly.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
national geographic zombie flu

now I am scared after reading this, but hey all check out this national geographic article, makes ya wonder if it IS possilbe, maybe those CDC zombie flyers actually mean something lmao

edit on 29-3-2012 by hapablab because: forgot the link

edit on 29-3-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

top topics

join