It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why being obsessed with victimhood is a waste of time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Deleted.

I shouldn't have posted this entire thread. Mods, please remove.
edit on 23-3-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
By the way, I totally agree with you that being obsessed with victimhood is a waste of time and energy. It one of the things I find least attractive in a person. But I do not consider fighting for legal equality, in any way, something a victim does. In the 50s and 60s as black people were fighting to gain equality in this nation, they were not victims, they were fighters. Gay people who are fighting to be treated equally under the law are fighters, not victims.

Victims accept their plight and sit back and complain and cry about others who have the guts to fight for justice... to fight for equality... Just something to think about.

reply to post by petrus4

Originally posted by petrus4
A very large number of homosexual people are self-centered, immature, and fundamentally personally irresponsible. In particular, most of you behave as though celibacy as a concept, quite simply does not exist; as if you have absolutely no control whatsoever, over the use of your genitals.

Really? I wonder how you can make this statement... Have you taken a poll? Do you personally know "most homosexuals"? Have you talked with them and gathered the data that supports this outlandish claim you've made? Because it sounds like a bunch of whining to me on your part.

You have written a thread about homosexuals being victims and how you hate it... I suggest you look in a mirror and ask yourself why you are sounding like such a victim yourself.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Really? I wonder how you can make this statement... Have you taken a poll? Do you personally know "most homosexuals"? Have you talked with them and gathered the data that supports this outlandish claim you've made? Because it sounds like a bunch of whining to me on your part.

You have written a thread about homosexuals being victims and how you hate it... I suggest you look in a mirror and ask yourself why you are sounding like such a victim yourself.

You're right. I got rid of that part.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I would imagine its easier to control ones mouth than it is to control ones genitals. Have you tried?

top topics

join