It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'birdman' is FAKE: Filmmaker behind wing suit flight video admits footage was a hoax'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Figured this story had to be a hoax. Now the filmmaker has come clean.
Filmaker admitted to wing suit flight video being faked.Unfortunately it looks like at least in this century we'll be forced to travel by plane, maybe sometime in the future someone will figure this out (highly unlikely) but maybe because who knows what wonders will be around in a 100 years from now let alone 200 to 300 years. Oh, well heres the story.

Rob Waugh and Hugo Guye

Viewers became sceptical after it emerged that no scientists actually knew 'Jarno Smeets', who claimed to have created the technology. Now Smeets has confessed that he is actually a 'filmmaker and animator' named Floris Kaayk, and has described the faked footage as 'online storytelling'.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

How sad and what a low thing to do.

I wonder if he would ever come clean, on his own accord.

I am going deeper underground, too much crazy in this town.

vvv

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Arm muscles simple do not have the power to lift vertically and propel forward at the same time.

I knew this years ago. I knew the video was fake but cute.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
wonder how much he made in youtube advertisng,and selling his story to the papers,then selling the next story saying it was a hoax all along,bet he made a nice wedge.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I thought this had already been revealed as fake earlier this week?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Somebody posted it on here do at least one person fell for it.How many more post subjects are false every day?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What an 4$$!!!

I really loved the idea and ingenuity!!!
So disappointed. SMH

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
< waits for someone to claim that he was " thretened " and his alledged technology " suppressed "

this is ATS afterall

the entire tail was a just what the " i want to believe " crowd falls for every time

i am no CGI expert - but the vids just looked wrong - and when i read the " explaination " of the engineering - i fell out of my chair in hysterical laugthter

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Did anyone think it was real? well i hate to break it to you but District 9 and Cloverfield were not documentaries either, shocking i know.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hoaxkiller on YouTube had interesting findings 2 days ago.

I wonder if this made him come forward.

posted on Jun, 14 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Nevermind. Ahaha. Not sure how I ended up in this old thread.
edit on 14-6-2012 by Pinke because: nevermind

new topics

top topics

join