It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Bull mocks Jesus and Christianity

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Wow. Somebody is offended by something that mocks their faith and everyone immediately insults them and tells them to "grow the hell up", "go die in a fire" or even simply that they should be mocked.

Way to show respect for your fellow human being.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It is obvious an attempted smear towards christians when they make fun of Jesus walking on water and the commerical says it was actualy rocks.The commenrical was funny up until then.Are they selling Red Bull or making fun of christians?

Which one is it?
The world is morphing into total ignorance.
edit on 24-3-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Jesus and Christianity SHOULD be mocked. It's children believing in the Easter Bunny.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by FeatherofMaat

thats EA starbunny or Ishtar bunny
as you prefer

PS
an ad that creats controversy force multiplies itself
( just look at this thread )
by being offended Christians are manipulated to contribute unwittingly to the spread of the ad campaign
by being opposite the irate christians, the "devilishly good temptation" subcontext is generated

how did they know christians could so easily be manipulated to do the promotional heavy lifting?
well......

edit on 24-3-2012 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I just look the other way when I see this crap. People think they are getting "one over" on God and Jesus. God is simply giving them all the rope they want. This is precisely why teen suicide rates are up and people have no direction.

Honestly, I don't even read any threads that have to do with Christianity or God; the amount of hatred and insults toward Christians would get you banned if those same things were said about your race but even on ATS, Christianity is fair game.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat

Jesus and Christianity SHOULD be mocked. It's children believing in the Easter Bunny.

Then why don't you mock children for believing in the Easter Bunny or muslims for believing in Allah? You can mock me all you want. I'll PM you my address then you can get out from behind your computer and come and do it to my face. How bout' it, Sport?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
you can sure tell jesus was the prince of peace

heres the thing
god gave man the ability and the right to question things

he also gave man a sense of humor
well some men anyway...
Im not certain why he left some folks out of the loop...
maybe its punishment for something they did in a past life or something

as the jesuits say
"Give us a child till he is seven, and he is ours for life"
knee jerk reactions are a definite sign of pavlovian conditioning

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
As a Christian I do not consider this offensive.

I believe Jesus is happy that some of His creations have a sense of humor.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Any Christian that gets offended by this is a moron out to pick a fight for no reason. I AM A CHRISTIAN and this was hilarious when I first saw it on TV. It's clever and they didn't MOCK Him, they simple used His cartoon image in a cameo type position. That's funny, not indecent. Relax.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

At this point with the amount of "proof" christianity has that jesus "actually" existed and "actually" performed any "mircale", I'd say you can call him one thing... The greatest magician of all time!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
to be fair, how do we know redbull isnt what allowed jesus to walk on water?

god could have given jesus some

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I am actually agnostic, but I instantly saw the anti christian propaganda in the commercial. I don't often watch TV, so I keep being amazed by what is shown. Yesterday at 2:30 in the afternoon, some show called tosh.0 was on and I decided to watch it. Aside from some of the weirdest videos I have seen in my life, they actually used the f-bomb on occasion and it went through unedited. Thought it was the coolest thing. Not much for censorship. I don't drink Red Bull, but if I were Christian I don't think I would be too happy right now.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Are Red Bull that successful they can attack/mock anything and get away with it? the bigger the bolder is the natural way.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Their own religion mocks their own religion. What kind of rhetorical question are you trying to surmise?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I will now drink REDBULL exclusively. Seems as though you all Christians do not like any other drink besides the Jesus Juice that's got you all so damned brainwashed. I say,"Mock 'em if they can't take a joke"

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
After reading some of the post in this thread I'm starting to understand why this world is going to hell in a handbasket. Some people are so vile and filled with hatred it saddens me greatly. I pray for people like you every-night and ask that God has mercy on your soul. Being a Christian I wasnt really offended but I do think it was in poor taste. Why even have religion in a Red Bull commercial at all. Of all the things to entertain people, they choose that. Seems to me the people behind Red Bull are lacking creativity and are going for the Shock Factor. That will only get them so far. I believe this commercial will turn people away from their product not to it.

Galatians 6:7 ----- Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap.

Billionaire Chaleo Yoovidhya the co-founder of Red Bull died Saturday. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

edit on 24-3-2012 by IPEEINTHESHOWER because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by IPEEINTHESHOWER
After reading some of the post in this thread I'm starting to understand why this world is going to hell in a handbasket. Some people are so vile and filled with hatred it saddens me greatly. I pray for people like you every-night and ask that God has mercy on your soul. Being a Christian I wasnt really offended but I do think it was in poor taste.

Billionaire Chaleo Yoovidhya the co-founder of Red Bull died Saturday. Coincidence? I THINK NOT!

edit on 24-3-2012 by IPEEINTHESHOWER because: spelling

C'mon, are you kidding me? Sure, some of the atheists in the thread are trolling a little bit, but seriously? THIS is your evidence for the world going to hell in a handbasket? When you could point to the wars going on right now, or starvation, disease, selfishness, and consumerism, you think an ad that makes a VERY small joke about a well known historical figure to be THE END OF THE WORLD! Kidding me? And poor taste for WHO? For you and a small group of Christians that don't like the direction of the world clearly.

And, yeah it is a coincidence he died. This ad was probably released months ago. What, you think God has TiVo? Skipped through the ads until now, but NOW he just saw this horribly offensive ad, so he struck this man down TO THE GROUND! Yeah, a God that punishes his creations for being themselves even though HE MADE them Himself, that makes sense. Thought God was forgiving. Hell, I thought CHRISTIANS were forgiving.

If anything it's not a coincidence he died because he's the co-founder of Red Bull; probably had one too many and had a heart attack.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

borntowatch

................ I was just pondering the question as why you choose to use your name

It seems to fit

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
Eh who cares?

More people being offended about things. It offends me that the OP is offended. Christianity should be mocked, the entire Bible is a mockery in itself.

How nice...and utterly ignorant.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I understand Red Bull's slogan is "It gives you wings" and that serves as a segway for Jesus drinking Red Bull and it giving him wings, thus the ability to "fly" over the water or something around those lines, but that doesn't even happen in the commercial... Jesus isn't depicted as having wings after drinking the Red Bull, as other characters experience after drinking a Red Bull. He's depicted as drinking Red Bull and walking on the tops of rocks. The topping on the cake was when "Jesus" slipped on the rock and said "Oh, Jesus"

Was it funny? Maybe if your a fan of Seth Macfarlene...
Was it in poor taste? Like the sun comes up every morning...
Am I upset? A little, but making fun of Jesus is forgivable. Will I continue to support Red Bull and their conditioning agenda? Nope

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join