Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Schools ban children making best friends

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Separate the individuals from each other, that way there can be no talk of rebellion among the citizens.

Just taken the steps towards a full blown dictatorship.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Brandon88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Back in school, I had a best friend.
I told my teacher she was beautiful and another one that I loved her.
I had a girlfriend in 2nd grade and we kissed in secret.
I use to play games that people could actually get hurt.
I have answered back to teachers that I taugh we're wrong.

That's not counting the other normal things I did back then that would be considered terrible today.
I would be dead for sure.

I saw someone say this was leftist, hell this isn't any side.
It's just control abuse and people that think they are smarter than everyone, including those children's parents.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

hum-ff...

you have "good friends" that you invited to dinner...
you have "best friends" when you need to hide a body!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It's natural to feel loss, it happens to us all. Making and losing friends is a part of life and helps us to learn to understand and cope with our emotions. It is an essential part of maintaining mental well being.
I have to agree that this is a form of indoctrination, most likely intentional and the beginning of something that will spread it's slimy tentacles throughout schools and playgroups, and any other social gatherings of the young. It will then move on to warp childrens minds about their relationships with their parents. 'Hitler youth' springs to mind.
I wonder if common purpose have played any part in the decision to 'ban' natural human bonding in these schools ?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Doomed I tell ya, and not by Nibiru or solar flares either.

I'm getting to the point where I'm thinking maybe it should be by Nibiru or solar flares.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I saw this, and was so disgusted! I bet the people behind this
are mean, bully types and twisted social engineers that would
like to steer developing children in the direction that limits
bonding.

After all, as those of us blessed enough to have many good freinds,
and several "best freinds" know, those bonds are deep and long lasting.

"Storge" C.S. Lewis in his book on Love delves into this kind of bond/love,
its a good thing.

Have we learned yet, these social engineers are against all good things in life!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
While I think I can understand the premise behind this in a way, I have to say the way they are going about it is absolutely idiotic.

They were doing something similar when I was in elementary/middle school. If a particular friendship came to the administration's attention, they would always separate the two/three kids the following school year (regardless of parental requests). I think they used the "disruptive" excuse.

However, if they were really concerned about children interacting together in a larger group setting and not limiting their social interactions to one particular person, they could actually take an active role in making that happen. They could assign partners for school work, and make sure the students have a new partner for every round. I remember making friends with kids who I thought were "not my kind of people" through group work. They could randomly assign groups for planned activities during recess too. Obviously not every recess, but why not use the lunch recess for special activities...oh I know because that would require actual work, even if it was only once/twice a week.

Telling kids they can't have a best friend is like telling a teenager they can't date someone: you've only made it more exciting to do it because now it's against the rules.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
My daughter is in reception class, and has this "Best friend triangle" thing going on.

Omg, the number of days she has come home, and said " ..... is not my friend anymore !"

"So, and so are being mean to me, and are not letting me play!"

And my personal favourite......

"......, say's I'm not invited to their next birthday party!" (That's 10 months away honey!)

Best friends, and friendships in general are important, as are the disagreements, allowise how the hell do we expect them to grow up to be robust, empathic, and able to demonstrate people skills effectively.

Kids need dissappointment from time to time, its good for them, life isn't fair at times, best to learn the lesson as early as possible, so as to lesson the blow for the future.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

No the people behind this are the type of people who don't make friends easy and never had many if any friends growing up. Its disgusting when people take there past out on children.

Kids should be allowed to have friends, IMO having friends helps in the development of a person when they age. It gives you people skills and gives you the ability to portray confidence.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is stupid. Boohoo, life is #ing hard. If kids don't learn about it in school, then when they grow up they're gonna have to be totally dependent on big brother.
Too much coddling.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is disgusting. Can't have best friends, good lord, what is wrong with these people? My best friends have stood by me for as long as 45 years. Why on earth would somebody not want to have friends like that. My friends have been my family, as I have no family. I don't know what I would ever have done without them. Even after all these years we are still close. Something is seriously wrong with anyone who would promote this kind of thing. I think that they need some serious help.

A good friend will bail you out of jail. A best friend will be in the cell next to yours, laughing about what got you both there.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Wow.... The rate of progress is something to stand in awe of....and weep for.

First it was Dodge Ball. Too aggressive...even violent. Can't have that. ewww...

Then it was competitive anything. 1st place makes the other guy feel bad...so participation tropheys for all! Yes indeed...Games aren't about winning after all, because that means someone must lose! It's just about having fun....or so the warm and fuzzy mental goo seems to flow.

Now we have entirely new heights of warm and fuzzy goo to make sense of. Kids..being kids....don't get along forever. (gasp) imagine that. They have falling outs..they even part ways forever sometimes. Whoda Thunk it? It sounds like we can't have any of that though. That hurts feelings and kids suffer emotional distress...so we'll just ban making anything more for friendship than exists equally with every other child in the entire student body. Oh Goody!! Oh Brother

So.... Anyone who supports this level of protecting our kids from any POSSIBLE negative experience they may ever encounter in their childhood (it sure seems lately to be the thinking)..tell me this. What do these over-protected and very warmly nurtured little creations of a perfect society do when they grow up and the world turns to take great pleasure in kicking them in the teeth....repeatedly? Life happens..but they won't have much ability to cope when Childhood learning processes are removed entirely because a tear may be shed.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I only really associate with best friends. I think this ban is completely uncalled for and downright evil. The only reasoning behind it would to make it easier for the STATE to be your best friend. Remember what I said when this policy expands and people grow up under its effect.
edit on 23-3-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Okay, I might sound crazy, but this goes along the same lines as banning religion, banning traditional families and banning adult relationships. The *only* reasoning behind it is to make sure the state has more power. I am telling the absolute truth here.

And one more thing, if there ever comes a point where their plan gets enacted fully, you *will* understand why war can be needed and exists for the betterment of mankind.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Yes, that too is a probabable cause for this totalitarian type
of social engineering. Agreed.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
how are kids suposed to learn about the way the world is and works if they just are not left to be kids and learn,from life.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I'll never forget my best friend from K-4. After I moved cross town I never saw him again till college. By then he was doing great, super popular. I've tried to find him a few times on FB but haven't been able. He meant a lot to me. ... luv ya man! (OMG, just found him on FB... Friend request sent!) .

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Oh I see, it's in the UK!!! that explains it, the wankers are all brainwashed constantly, lulled into a false sense of security by an over controlling corrupt dictatorship. They will continue to do what they please, tell you how to take a shi# if they can.
Obey. That's all they want from you , part of their plantation state. This would be okay if they were sane.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I worked at a preschool for seven years, and every year I worked there, we allowed the kids to develop relationships on their own without interference except for one year. That particular year, we had a threesome of girls who were inseparable. For the most part, they played well together, but then we started to notice one was getting left out. It was a different girl each time, but one more often than the most. Finally, a mother complained to the teacher.

This was the start of our "We don't have best friends, we are all friends" policy for the year. Several times the girl's group was broken up and they were "assigned" a friend for the day that was not a part of the original group. Personally, I thought it was kind of dumb, but I was just an aide and had no control over it. I've always believed that kids work out their problems better when adults butt out.

Ultimately, what we found out was going on was not so much the kids, but a spat among the mothers. One mother felt left out of the grown-up group and her anguish was referred to the child. One of the other mothers had an issue with that mother and the third mother was indifferent to the whole mess. So the kids were really just acting out because of what they were exposed to away from school.

Personally, I think kids need to learn from relationships that work and ones that don't. How will they ever know how to be a positive part of any relationship if they can't experiment with them on their own? There will always be difficult people in your life and people who you click with. I fear we are raising a generation of children who will be the most socially inept humans ever. But just think of the implications of raising a generation who develops no closeness to anyone other than themselves. They could rob, cheat, and kill shamelessly. They would have no compassion.

We have already witnessed the breakdown of familial bonds. Parents are often absent because of needing to work so much. We have parents who have totally flown the coop. The kids suffer and their ability to form good relationships suffer. For some that best friend and sometimes that friend's family become the family they need. My daughter had a friend whose single mother worked a lot and sis not have time to adequately raise her child. that child spent most of her time with us and I taught her table manners and how a lady acts among other things. She got a lot of support at school as well. She has turned out to be a good girl. Sometimes it does take a village.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Actually i agree with the ban i am surprised they haven't done this in the 90s
and why i say that? because a kid i hated the whole idea best friends.

Because when kids do make these best friends of there's and you want to join along with them they wont allow you, sometimes its like a secret society and makes you feel left out as an outcast.

Can't say I am surprised mate, because if you acted the way you do now when you were a kid, I wouldn't play with you either!

For the rest of us normal folk, having a best friend is natural.

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Elementary friends and high school friends dont last forever because everyone moves on with either lives or sometimes Jobs

Not true. MY best mate and I have known each other for nigh on 20 years, since the first year of Secondary school (age 11). Still best mates, shared a house for 5 years and even now, despite living 30 miles apart and with families, we're still best of buds. I feel (slightly) sorry for you that you don't believe in having a best mate.

As for the OP, I have a feeling that this might be somewhat overblown and even if true, very localised. It is not something that I have seen whatsoever at either of my kids schools. The only discouragement I have seen is my daughter being moved to another desk away from her best friend because they spend too much time gossiping and not working!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join