It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINALLY They Found The Cause Of The Wisconsin BOOMs and RUMBLEs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by alienones

.....you mean 8 hours after this thread was up ?

with 5 post on it < 7pages
edit on 24-3-2012 by omegacorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
1.5 quake they still think people are stupid...don't fall for it. Sounds like Roswell when they changed their minds that it was a weather balloon.

Don't be gullible

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by observe50

Comparing it to "Roswell" may be a seriously big stretch. We all kinda have an idea that what happened there at Roswell is not what we were told...but....the "theorists" have made it into far more than it probably was...just an opinion.

Roswell could have been an elaborate hoax to hide government studies and tests.....it does not mean it was actually alien....to this I can probably agree. I tend to think the GOV changes and manipulates the story to keep everyone off balance....it's perhaps not an "alien" conspiracy as it is a "security distraction"....

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIlluminatedOne

Hmm. So different kinds of soil react differently to earthquakes, even micro-quakes. In this case, a micro-quake caused "a loud boom. The floor shook. The ceiling, the whole house shook, and the windows rattled." Which makes me think about geophysical stability and wonder what might happen with a 2.0 quake. From your source:

"We experienced a loud boom. The floor shook. The ceiling, the whole house shook, and the windows rattled," Bossert said. The USGS speculated the soil in Clintonville could account for the perceptible shake and booms, despite the relatively small reading in magnitude.

Maybe it's not just the strength that counts, but the context too?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

OK, here's a little tidbit that has NOT been mentioned anywhere that I have seen, especially on MSM. There is a fracking sand mine right by Clintonville. And several more not too far away. When oh when will humans understand that you can only pull out so much of the Mother's inside before she reacts?

I will try to post the links and pic.

Oh yeah...Queen of the lab!!
edit on 24-3-2012 by jaguarsky because: forgot last sentence

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
great news clipping. ty OP.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

A friend is actually coming close to predicting these events. He indicated these rumblings are the forces and pressures moving deep underground until it reaches a weak point in the Earth. Once the weak point reaches an Earthquake happens.

He also indicated one of the big culprits that contribute to the Earthquakes are the ice shelves breaking off. This disperses massive energy through the waters which eventually hits and pounds on coastal lines. The Weak coasts will usually feel the most Earthquakes. HE also indicated that Volcanoes are contributing to these Earthquakes.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is a cover story; I have a basic geological background from college, with a good grasp of it, and even I can see this is crap. A 1.5 doesn't shack the surface like that with a focus depth of 5km.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think it is possible that the booms caused the earthquake and not the other way around.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I'm going to C & P my response to an earlier, related thread, as I feel it applies here as well. No way do I believe that one tiny quake, regardless of type of rock there, can do this much damage. The AP article running from yesterday that is showing this "proof" has a picture of a woman's cracked basement floor. How many quakes have you heard of, anywhere, that can crack basement floors when only in the 1+ range?

This quake (and explanation) seems like it was made to fit. On the night of the 21st, the nightly news said that experts (including seismologists) had ruled out the possibility of quakes, among several other things. So, why did that small quake appear the very next morning (the 22nd) with a date of the 20th? Just makes no sense to me, especially considering residents' firsthand accounts of the booms lasting for days on end. Now, I have read about how the rock can hold in the energy and release it so it sounds like these booms, going off for days at a time, but why then is this not the experience of all earthquakes in the areas of that type of rock? Why is this happening without earthquakes? Furthermore, if these booms are not attributed to earthquakes, as in almost all of the cases being reported, how is the ground shaking and not registering on seismo devices in almost all the cases? I just don't understand how this can be a blanket explanation, considering the contradictory nature of the explanation itself. If this was, indeed, an explainable thing, why were scientists, including seismologists, baffled for an explanation? Wouldn't this have been easily explained from the get-go?

I have experienced these booms (and the USGS' response) personally in Colorado. At the beginning of September of last year, after Colorado had that decent quake, my husband and I were in our kitchen one evening when the spaghetti jars in our pantry began to clank together and everything else started to rattle, a very gentle, rhythmic rattling. A moment later, we heard these horrible booms, which sounded like cannons going off in front of our house. We went outside to see and the noise seemed to emanate from the ground and the air simultaneously. All of the car alarms on our street started going off, one by one. The shaking continued after that for maybe a minute and that was that. Since it was only a week or so after the initial larger quake we had (which, by the way, was a 5-something 180 miles to the south that managed to shake records off of shelves in the basement), we did not think for one second it was something other than a quake. I checked for quakes and nothing was posted until about 2 or 3 hours later, a 1.9 quake in the same spot as the bigger one, 180 miles or so to the south, with a time of occurence at the time we had the incident.

I decided for the first time ever to email USGS. Their site says that they can't possibly respond to all emails, but I had a reply within an hour, and this was 9 pm at night. I described the incident and asked if there had been a quake closer than the one in that spot. I was told that the kind of noises and shaking I described sounded like a quake, but nothing had showed up, except for that spot to the south. Yet, I was told that if I wanted to report shaking for that quake, to go ahead. However, the usgs doesn't have the "did you feel it?" option for such small quakes. I have to think that they got several inquiries into that "quake" we felt, since my entire street was outside trying to figure out what was going on.

I believe that something is going on and the USGS is either censoring earthquake data or playing it down. Otherwise something else, natural or man-made, is going on that they don't understand or don't want us to know about and are blaming it on these tiny quakes, hours or days after the fact. Too many people have reported the same thing across the country. At that point, it becomes less of a conspiracy theory and more of a concern, in my opinion.
edit on 24-3-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: spelling errors

edit on 24-3-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas
I think it is possible that the booms caused the earthquake and not the other way around.

I think this is a good theory, since often the booms are not accompanied by quakes and often preceed them when there are quakes. If you look at the speculation around the Mexico quake from earlier in the week, it seems odd that there was a "warning" about a quake exercise that would occur and it did (though this is being debated left and right). Were there any reports of sounds prior to this?

Maybe a certain strength and frequency of sound, so low one can't hear it, could be used to cause a quake? Or maybe a certain frequency and strength causes a certain size of quake, so these perceptible booms cause small "micro quakes", while even lower frequencies cause booms that cannot be heard, but cause bigger quakes.

Sorry, just ran with your theory, don't even know if what I said is plausible, just thinking out loud

EDIT: Did a quick search about this and found an article concerning Tesla's experiments. Seems that it would be possible, but it doesn't seem that there is anything about perceptible booms, etc. Also, the end of it points to HAARP, so I don't know.

www.bcrevolution.ca...
edit on 24-3-2012 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Every time i see any news about the rumbles or other weird sounds I cant help but think of the bible..

~It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.

Thoughts?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear IlluminatedOne,

Excuse me, I live is the Los Angeles area and have felt more earthquakes than you can count. They are not accompanied by sounds in the sky. LMAO. Please, I lived through the Northridge earthquakes, the Whittier quake, the Palm Springs Quake, name it, I am in my 50s. Pick a depth, pick a size, I have seen it all and I am not the only Californian on this site, those sounds do NOT precede, occur during or happen after an earthquake. If they did, wouldn't that be reason to have a sky sound warning system? Peace.

im also from cali, and we both know that a 1.5 doesnt not cause shaking and doesnt cause you to lose sleep. i normally sleep thro 3.0s, or dont even feel em.something weird is still going on in wisconsin

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan

OK OP this suddenly got very interesting.

That was possibly NOT an earthquake despite what it may look like, feel like etc. I am NOT saying USGS is lying because the signature I just posted looks like an earthquake BUT...........

This is the spectrogram

This is the sound @ 10 x speed

TA.H42A-Wisconsin_10x.WAV

That is not the signature of an earthquake as far as I can tell. Way too high in the frequency spectrum. Compare that to this.

I am still tracking that one down. So far I had thought it may have been a sonic boom and currently I am looking at the track across a series of TA stations further North east where this signature was taken.

See these posts
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have to go out. Back later.

Just wanted to quote/bump this post, as many seemed to have missed/ignored it, as well as his posts before arguing that 1.5s can, indeed, be felt in the right circumstances. The weirdness is not in that a 1.5 was felt, but rather that it doesn't appear to actually be an earthquake. Let's get off the "no one feels 1.5s in California therefore no one could have felt it in WI." There's more intelligent matters to discuss.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpzaino
Every time i see any news about the rumbles or other weird sounds I cant help but think of the bible..

~It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.

Thoughts?

Try including scriptural quotes....Mark 3:15....James or The Revelation of St. John....

just saying "the bible says this" is vague. I read a lot of philosophy and theology and I do not recall that direct quote...I recall something similar which I do not feel like researching....the burden of proof is on you...
St.James Version only...the new stuff is crazy new interpretations....I quote what an old minister said to me one day "The St. James Version IS the bible of the Gentiles...all other versions are based on lazy people not wanting to learn how to read it"....

No...seriously...that is what he said....and if you don't think many-many people feel that way....well in the terms of 'them"...you are lost....
edit on 3/24/2012 by Damrod because: added clever inclusion....

edit on 3/24/2012 by Damrod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I think there is something really going on that the " experts " cannot explain right now and there is no way they will admit that. Cracks me up how they act like they know all. I have not trusted in the so called competence of the USGS since Mt St Helen's. They actually said that it couldn't blow out the side even though there were OBVIOUS signs it was going to. " duheee, volcanos only blow from the tippee top hole". Really ? Who's that stupid? The experts, that's who. Believe me they are freakin out trying to find out what's really happening.
Normally, I wouldn't pay much attention to some booms along a fault line, but saying a 1.5 is causing that, boy, they think we are all really dumb.
This along with the strange noises heard in Jan. and March convinced me that we are dealing with something big here.
And everyone laughed about the Mayan prediction, boy do you guys have mud on your face.
And no I'm not convinced it's an extinction event, just a big change, just like the Mayans predicted.
The whole world is changing right before our eyes, very interesting/scary times.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Damrod

Not only does it sound like fluff

No idea what 'fluff' sounds like on a seismo data stream but that one 'sounds' like an earthquake.

What i am trying to determine is was it?

ETA: This for example is known to be a mine blast and TA and I collaborated to confirm this.

As you can see it does not look anything like the signature of the 1.5

edit on 24/3/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
I'm not buying this explanation
1.5 being the smallest quake ever felt, I should think so.
Quakes that small are never felt, except by animals.

I have yet to experience the rumblings and I live in an active quake zone.

Just a thought: Would this phenomenon have anything to do with the hadron collider? It just broke new energy records. I never did trust that thing. Considering it affects the magnetic field.
Have earthquakes and volcanoes increased since it was put into service?

O rly? Guess you did not read the link on my post then.....

Mag 1.5 quakes are felt and even smaller one are. It depends on the geology.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

i dont really want to signup for something to here the sound clip. is there any way to circumnavigate the site?

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by omegacorps

You don't have to signup. Just download. Click the download link and then wait for the countdown to complete. Ignore all the sign up rubbish.

Let me know if you still have a problem.

Here is a mag 1.5 from Central California on the 19th. You can see the bulk of the signal is much lower in the frequency range.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join