It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINALLY They Found The Cause Of The Wisconsin BOOMs and RUMBLEs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
haven't the noises lasted some days, and primarily at night? i find this explanation implausible. a single 1.5 earthquake? pshaw.

"go back inside and watch wheel of fortune, folks, nothin to worry about"

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
captain obvious here for my daily in, oh whats this, the USGS proclaims a 1.5 earthquake is making sonic booms, well, let me see.

so then...where are the SUPER sonic booms, perhaps one in mexico during that 7.5 this week? perhaps?
or every other earthquake before, EVER?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
The phenom is world wide......i suggest expanding earth......caused by streams of atomic size particles passing through the earth, and heating up the core.......
The solar system passing through a cloud of plasma in space right now......

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIlluminatedOne

Since when does it take 86 hours to check the seizmos? I can see how it might take 86 hours to forge seizmograph recordings to back up a false explanation though. And when was the last time they told you what street a quake started under? That sounds like a little extra flavor that somebody threw in to create room for argument in case the story came under scrutiny.

"well yeah it was small, but a direct hit- right under main street". if it had been a few feet to the left it would have gone unnoticed like every other 1.5 earthquake in history, but when it's right under mainstreet a 3.0 would have rang a church bell 5,000 miles away.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
haven't the noises lasted some days, and primarily at night? i find this explanation implausible. a single 1.5 earthquake? pshaw.

"go back inside and watch wheel of fortune, folks, nothin to worry about"

They are trying to get around the 'lasting a few days' problem by saying it is a "swarm". But you are right, this occurrence has happened mostly at night or early morning (pre-dawn if I'm remembering correctly). I'm just a conspiracy fool and I'm not buying into the EQ explanation.

On one of the news report of a few days ago they showed a map of the reports, all of them was SE of Main Street. If you look at the USGS map for this EQ it is showing it happened several blocks NW of Main Street. Yet the news report linked in the OP states the EQ happened right under Main Street. So if it did happen right under Main Street why wasn't there any reports from the NW area?

Original reports (Screenshot from this video)

USGS Map (From here neic.usgs.gov)

Location of epicenter given in the news video linked in the OP.

And another thing that bugs me is this is getting international attention. They have media from Japan in town coving the story and all of a sudden they have an explanation to claim everyone's questions. (which how foolish must we look to the Japanese making a fuss over a 1.5 EQ)

The other side of the coin is the ivory tower academics couldn't be bothered with the "mass hysteria" and just dismissed the little people until enough attention was raised that they had to take a second look. And I dislike the ivory tower enough to normally lay blame there, but this time I think that is just an excuse.

OiO
edit on 23-3-2012 by OneisOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
SO that ONE 1.5 earthquake has caused the sound for 3 days in a row?? Okie Dokie then.

NOT buying it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
ROFL

Don't tell me any of you believe a single word of that?

1. Very few humans would feel a quake of a magnitude of 3 and most people wouldn't even feel a 4.
2. If the "quake" was so deep as mentioned even ants wouldn't feel it.

Look at this map (source USGS)
earthquake.usgs.gov...

3. Earthquakes don't generate this kind of noise and a 1.5, even if it was at the surface, wouldn't make anything shake.
4. We've had earthquake swarms in YS and nobody ever complained about noises are shakes and only the ones around 4 had been felt.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Sorry, but I am not buying that it was/is a 1.5 earthquake. Especially when they were saying they didn't record any seismic activity and such, but now they completely change their tune? Just doesn't sound right.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
"It started Sunday night and it gained intensity early Monday morning" ... Long duration 1.5 EQ huh?

Clifford Thurber "Evidence that the ground is shaking in an unusual way"

Yep nothing to see here move along ....
edit on 23-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Ok, I cannot account for the booms, but I do have an explanation as to why it is possible that people have felt the microquakes.

If you ever take a beginning Physical Geology course you will learn within the first couple of weeks that there is something called the Canadian Shield (Laurentian Plateau). It is called a continental shield and is at least a billion years old and consists of mainly igneous rocks which means that in turn there is evidence of volcanic activity in it's geologic past. This shield makes up part of the upper central and eastern part of the US. These shields are associated with mountain building, this one in particular the Appalachian Mtns.

Now, there is also a stable platform (shield covered by sedimentary rock) in the western part of the US (California, Oregon, Washington and some of the western states). It is called the N.A. (North American) Cordillera. It is not as old or as cold. This helped in making the Rocky Mtns.

There is a difference between the two. The Canadian Shield is older and colder than the stable platform in the western US. This means that when there are earthquakes, they are going to be different. This is why people in the eastern US can FEEL smaller (1.5) earthquakes in these states as to where people in the western US may have trouble even feeling a 4.0 mag. Not to mention the western US platform is still covered by the sedimentary rock as to where in the Canadian Shield the sedementary rock has been weather and eroded and we are just left with the igneous rock. The eastern part of the US is also going to sustain MORE damage with say a 6.0 mag at the same depth in their area in comparison to say California. One because the building codes aren't as up to par and two because the rocks are DIFFERENT. There will be more ground shaking, more people that feel it and it will feel worse. This is all attributed to the difference in the rocks that we are sitting on.

All this information is pretty easy to find using google or whatever search engine you use. Or you could do like me and takes some geology courses if you really really want to know. I hope this helps explain why some of these people in Wisconsin are claiming to feel this/these microquakes.
edit on 23-3-2012 by watchdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A magnitude 1.5???????

This is such a lie. 1.5's occur everyday all day around the world, and the effects are not as such.

Come on...really???

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact they are saying it occurred under Main Street (even though that's not what the USGS map says) yet all the reports are from just one side of the street. (!!!) No one else finds that odd at all? Maybe it is a water thing, one side of the street gets more fluoridation then the other.

OiO

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
All kinds of strange sounds are being reported from all over the world.

The sounds people are hearing in areas that are use-to earthquake activity are not
recognizing the noises as such.

My Daughter says its just part of the " People of Earth's Awakening " it's always been there
but more and more people are becoming more perceptive.

I'm starting to think the Earth is expanding.

Or: The Earth is giving birth and it's having labor pain.Maybe the earth is an egg and is hatching.
It could be the Lizard people

edit on 23-3-2012 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by azureskys because: removed 1 to many "and more"s

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
South Carolina had a 2. something yesterday.
I don't see it on a map today but it was there I swear.
Maybe someone from SC. could let us know if they felt or heard anything

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The 188th day quake happened.

In Mexico.

Lets see what September brings.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
these phenomena are psychotronic nukes. not real nukes but simulations using unknown technology to produce the sound effect. months ago i experienced getting attacked by what sounded like nukes going off over minneapolis. I believe this is the same thing. it rattled the whole house without anyone else hearing it, how did they do it i wondered. now the psychotronics are damaged and doing things all over the world.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Can we not assume that the supposed mini-quake was the result of the booming and not the cause?

Time will tell. But I can tell you, that the USNGS has done some funny business over the decades with releasing maps for Phobos, the major moon of Mars--yes, that is correct--and should not be assumed to simply be a governmental servant of the people with nothing to hide.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
meh....I was skeptical of the earthquake explanation myself. Not because I had a great theory of my own but I understood that these noises have been going on for quite awhile.

And a 1.5? really? That sounds kinda weak to me. As another stated, most people would not feel or notice it. I have been where there are 2's and never knew it happened.

It just seems too convenient of an explanation.

Made me think of the Movie "Broken Arrow" the bad guys set off the nuke in a mine shaft and the General told everyone in the room "What happened today will forever be known as an earthquake"...

kinda funny...maybe the Gubmint is hiding something underground....who knows...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by TheIlluminatedOne

Dear IlluminatedOne,

Excuse me, I live is the Los Angeles area and have felt more earthquakes than you can count. They are not accompanied by sounds in the sky. LMAO. Please, I lived through the Northridge earthquakes, the Whittier quake, the Palm Springs Quake, name it, I am in my 50s. Pick a depth, pick a size, I have seen it all and I am not the only Californian on this site, those sounds do NOT precede, occur during or happen after an earthquake. If they did, wouldn't that be reason to have a sky sound warning system? Peace.

Yep. I lived in California myself, and have experienced many quakes that did not produce one sound, except for the noises you hear when the house is creaking or shaking. Never heard rumbles or explosive sounds. My husband went through some big ones, and can tell anyone they don't come with sky sounds.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
All kinds of strange sounds are being reported from all over the world.

The sounds people are hearing in areas that are use-to earthquake activity are not
recognizing the noises as such.

My Daughter says its just part of the " People of Earth's Awakening " it's always been there
but more and more people are becoming more perceptive.

I'm starting to think the Earth is expanding.

Or: The Earth is giving birth and it's having labor pain.Maybe the earth is an egg and is hatching.
It could be the Lizard people

edit on 23-3-2012 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by azureskys because: removed 1 to many "and more"s

I like your daughter's theory. I was told that the old prophecy of the buffalo returning through the wind cave was going to come to pass, hence all this noise! Drinks wind, a very old medicine man and prophet told of this story many many .....many years ago. That the earth would rumble beneath it's surface when the sacred buffalo returns.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join