It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France's Sarkozy announces plans to jail repeat visitors to extremist websites

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Insomniac

im frech and yes sarkozy is using this agaisnt françois holland to win the elections 33h to take down this guy??? comon that # was to "well done" just like an movie...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Two comments.

It's always convenient to have one of those "catch-all" categories that you can use like "offensive" or "extreme" than can be used to apply to anything you don't like because, in all honesty, "extreme" is in the eye of the beholder. I suspect in Saudi Arabia a website that advocated that women should be able to vote would be considered extreme, or perhaps we might discover that within that definition of extreme, if enacted by the French government, is any site that expresses disagreement with French government policy. But of course, the standard answer of all governments is "Trust us, we know what extreme is."

My second concern is about the error factor. The release of the original Australian blocklist showed that a number of totally innocent sites were falsely identified as obscene. Of course we see this already where a number of websites get blocked by various filters by the inaccurate assumption that the existence so certain keywords is indicative of the kind of site it is. How would this extreme website law be enforced to ensure that people would not be charged because of the government mistakenly identifying a website as extreme?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

How long before it then becomes an American law and sites like ATS are considered extremist...
We all know how this "mission creep" works.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'll echo the posters above - Sarkozy is taking an extreme view. Does that mean that visiting his website would land you in prison?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by silent thunder

Well if the police had arrested this guy before he went out killing people, they would still be alive!!

Yes they knew about his radical views and also knew about his visits to Afghanistan and if they were watching him like they said they were, they should have known he had an Arsenal of weapons!!

I agree that more people need to be arrested before the crime.... just look at that Anders Brevic guy too.... he was also on a watch list!!

Many have been on watchlists but not arrested before the act!!

edit on 23-3-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

Gee I wonder why? Could it be they let them do those things so they could propose crap like this?

Nah ... they would never do anything like that.

edit on 23-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

I did think about that actually after i posted... its possible they let these things happen to enforce the 'arrest' before' act.... but all i'm saying is if they had arrested this guy before he did it then those people would still be alive so in this case it would have been right to do so..... but of course the HUMAN RIGHTS ACT FORCE would have been out and about and the PC Brigade!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Im sure ats
would be at the top of this list. havent been on here long but lurking for awhile
this site has opened my eyes to how horrible this world is

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
sarkozy is chozen. he is following the protokols his ELDERS set forth. it is disgusting, they are self perceived to be able to rule by 'do as i say not as i do.'

i am sick of the protokols destroying the peopleS of hte world.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join