It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help NOW . Identify weather radar anomaly...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

This is a mode of radar operation called "Clean-Air Mode." It offers high sensitivity to view small dust particles, insects, birds, and extremely light precipitation that would otherwise be unseen when in Storm-Mode. However, the extremely high return values on the index indicate a potential radar malfunction. *as noted by the post before mine*

These types of radar products aren't uncommon in areas where there may be no major storms. It's standard operating procedure to place the NEXRAD systems in clean-air mode when no storms are in range so we can detect the smaller particles which may help us track air-mass movement and the development of very light rain or snow.

These radar products aren't anything to worry about.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I really see no reason to connect these radar returns to HAARP, they're very common and may often be found all across the USA. If HAARP were really so powerful, I think we'd be feeling more effects than simple radar returns.

Most of the East coast is currently in Clean-Air mode, and you can see how it's widespread. And, as far as I can tell there's no HAARP doom here!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
By looks of the image it looks like an explosion went off near the campus.
Okay, thanks for clarifying things up.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mapkar

I have to question what the “HAARP tracking hardware” they have given out really is tracking. For all we know it could be nothing more then barometers. After all it fits their theory to show HAARP is active in areas where there is bad weather presently happening, and they might simply be reading pressure systems.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well, from what I understand, the HAARP theories all point to pressure changes and ionospheric heating. It'd take an incredible amount of radio energy to heat enough air to cause the type of weather we're seeing now. And, with the proper receiver tuning anyone in the "target-zone" should have no problem getting a reflection of the signal back to the surface. Realistically, if we can send HF radio transmissions around the world and pick them up, we should be able to hear the transmissions of HAARP too.

If the tracking program really is reading the barometric pressure to determine where HAARP is pointing, and they're trying to say HAARP causes storms then they've got a great correlation. Storms happen in low pressure systems, and they claim HAARP causes low pressure. I'd advise extreme caution to those theorists... Correlation does not indicate causation. It merely indicates low pressure is a common occurrence between storms and the alleged effects of HAARP. It's completely un-scientific to assume that this relationship is due to HAARP causing said storms though.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

HAARP

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Isn't it ironic as I read that HAARPSTATUS page about the short signal between OK and AR, that I go and look at the radar and found this:

THOSE PINK TRIANGLES ARE DOPPLER INDICATED TORNADO SIGNATURES!

I watched that storm earlier today and it resembled a hurricane formation, like the Milky Way spirals, two arms...and it was rotating counter-clockwise.

Here's the weather pattern I am referring to:

edit on 23-3-2012 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That was my point....someone said look at Haarp..I said it shows Arkansas..

I f you read my post you would see I was replying to someone..please don't try to make me look stupid....geez.

edit on 23-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

I really don't think ironic fits the situation you're attempting to describe. Coincidental would seem to be the more appropriate term.

Tornadic storms aren't uncommon in low pressure systems, and the swirling pattern you noticed is typical of low pressure systems. The presence of a low pressure system doesn't mean HAARP is at work, it simply means weather is doing what it does. I'd advise a little caution when trying to connect HAARP to this type of weather event, the amount of energy required to modify weather on the synoptic scale would be immense, and if it were possible we'd see it used in war. Remember, low pressure systems are a natural phenomenon. Low pressure is also a theorized symptom of HAARP activity. Don't be too quick to jump on HAARP as an explanation to the weather though.

When you hear hoofbeats, don't assume you need to look for zebras.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
[editreply to post by Mapkar

I never said it was due to HAARP. I've seen this kind of "cork-screw" spiral before, and it was right before the tornado which hit Joplin. And I saw some aspects exactly like it in the radar from this morning. Isn't it ironic that all around that "Low Pressure" system, there is anomalous propagation, see the very southern-most area of Louisiana.

I am tired of all you debunkers who are biased against any view other than your own. You realize that there could be manifold reasons for anything, not just what you perceive things to be.

I know what I know and I know what I see and that weather pattern is VERY UNUSUAL for this area, we have storms yes, but one which looks like a hurricane or one which the spiral arms cork-screw around going counter-clockwise, NO. That's very unusual. You really don't live here so you really don't know how the weather tends to act, but I do and yes I know. Those "cork-screws" are wave-forms, they resemble how a screw would "bite-down" in a piece of wood if you split the wood in half. Yes, I've seen this before and these leave round holes in the clouds. When you see these things, in person in the clouds, then on radar, then the result, you might tend to think otherwise, no matter how many people say a duck isn't a duck. If the damned thing quacks, it's a freakin' duck.

Examples of "Cork-Screw" Pattern:

Source: NOAA

Source: Weather Underground WunderMap

I'd add video if ATS would allow members to upload it.

Not sure about you, but "coincidence" is mounting-up.

Now, in this picture, right before the major tornado which hit Joplin, I want you all to compare this picture with the one of the "spiral arms" above in my previous post, I'll include it below this one, so you won't have to scroll-up so much. Notice the similar aspects of the spirals, and notice the "cork-screw" patterns. They are too similar to discount as being coincidence.

Joplin Tornado (Screenshot taken before it hit Joplin

Weather pattern screen-shot taken yesterday when HAARP was supposed to be active in the Arkansas area:

Notice the two circles (spiral arms) there are two regions in each picture.

edit on 23-3-2012 by trekwebmaster because: Removed a duplicate picture...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

yeah you were replying to my post.
thank you for your opinion.

im not saying it's haarp either but it happend to fit the weather pattern in the area.
so i figured i would post and see what you all thought.

lol no impending haarp doom.....yet : P

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by omegacorps
take a look at this.

just so happens to match up.

www.haarpstatus.com...

what are your thoughts?

Yea, and it just so happens that real weather forecasts match up with Kevin Martin's HAARPstatus scam.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In fact, if you check out the convective outlooks from the SPC, they match Kevin Martin's (who has a long internet history of scams and even death threats of people who expose him - he was kicked off ATS) HAARPstatus scam website.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Oh please. Here's the forecast from the NWS the day of the Joplin tornado, and even the mesoscale discussion they put out. You guys are seeing things on radar maps that simply aren't there. Corkscrew patterns? Seriously? As to the OP, it's ground clutter and clear air mode. HAARP can not show up on Dopplar radar. PERIOD. 2 different frequencies.

AT LEAST ISOLATED STORMS SHOULD DEVELOP AS THE DRYLINE MIXES EWD ESPECIALLY FROM NWRN TX INTO CNTRL/ERN OK INTO SERN KS WHICH WILL RESIDE WITHIN EXIT REGION OF UPPER JET. GIVEN THE MAGNITUDE OF INSTABILITY WITH HIGH VALUES OF NORMALIZED CAPE AND EFFECTIVE SHEAR SUPPORTIVE OF SUPERCELLS...VERY LARGE HAIL WILL BE LIKELY. LOW LEVEL SHEAR WILL ALSO IMPROVE TOWARD EVENING AS SRN BRANCH OF LLJ STRENGTHENS. THE SHEAR AND INSTABILITY PARAMETER SPACE WILL ALSO SUPPORT POTENTIAL FOR ISOLATED STRONG TORNADOES FROM LATE AFTERNOON INTO THE EVENING. A MODERATE RISK MAY BE NEEDED FOR A PORTION OF THIS AREA IN LATER OUTLOOKS ONCE STORM COVERAGE CONCERNS HAVE BEEN MITIGATED.

5/22/2011 12Z outlook

A TORNADO WATCH WILL BE ISSUED SHORTLY. AN EXTREMELY UNSTABLE AIR MASS HAS DEVELOPED E OF THE DRYLINE WITH DEWPOINTS NEAR 70 F BENEATH STEEP MID LEVEL LAPSE RATES. NEARLY ALL CONVECTIVE INHIBITION HAS BEEN ERODED...THUS EXPECTED CU ALONG THE DRYLINE TO ERUPT INTO INTENSE SUPERCELLS. EXTREMELY LARGE HAIL IS LIKELY...AND ALTHOUGH LOW LEVEL SHEAR IS A BIT MARGINAL...IT WILL BE MORE THAN SUFFICIENT FOR TORNADOES GIVEN EXTREME INSTABILITY.

Mesoscale discussion preceding Joplin tornado

The exact center of that map is Joplin Missouri!

Heck, the National Weather service had forecasted severe weather in the area 3 days before it happened.

SPC forecast 3 days before the Joplin event
edit on 24-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2012 by Drew99GT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by trekwebmaster
[editreply to post by Mapkar

I know what I know and I know what I see and that weather pattern is VERY UNUSUAL for this area, we have storms yes, but one which looks like a hurricane or one which the spiral arms cork-screw around going counter-clockwise, NO. That's very unusual.

I hate to be the one to give you the basic Earth Science 101 (more like .001), but low pressure storm systems in the northern hemisphere turn in a, you guessed it, COUNTERCLOCKWISE fashion. Read up on the corealis force.

It's as natural as the sun rising. Large scale synoptic storm systems look like huge land hurricanes on satellite and radar. it's completely normal. I've been looking at this stuff for decades.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Drew99GT

yep i see what you are saying about him.

he is matt Baranowski on stormcentral1st

he is Cameron Venable and Kevin Martin on .examiner.com

all bad news. in haarp status facebook it shows sharing photos with Southern California Weather Authority

thanks for the heads up

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I appreciate the response, although I don't understand how you start by denying any mention HAARP involvement, and then at the end of the post begin to link it back to HAARP.

As far as "cork-screw" patterns and tornados... That's not what you're looking for in radar to find tornados. You're looking for examples of two things.

The first tornado signature is a hook echo. It actually does look like a cork-screw, but definitely not the one you tried to highlight.

Example:

(i40.tinypic.com...)

You may also find tornados by observing cyclonic rotation inside of a storm cell by using radar velocity data. By finding strong opposing velocity indicators we can usually find strong rotation and tornados in these storms.

Example:

(en.wikipedia.org...:Velocity_Missouri_Tornado.png)

I'm not going to say HAARP can't possibly affect weather, I'm saying it's not affecting synoptic scale weather. And, when I said we shouldn't assume hoofbeats mean zebras it was intended to be a reminder to think about what is more logical not what we want to believe. Your example of quacking indicating a duck could be valid in other examples, but it's not valid here because you're implying there's only one cause of this weather pattern and that's simply not the case. Remember, we shouldn't be biased against any views other than our own, there could be any number of alternative explanations.

Also, because you most likely don't know anything about how much experience I have with weather, where I have lived, or what kinds of weather I have experienced, please don't discount my knowledge on the topic based on assumptions about my intelligence and experiences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join