It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kalashnikov launches liquid weapon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Monday, September 20, 2004 Posted: 12:57 PM EDT (1657 GMT)

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- The creator of one of the world's most famous guns, the AK-47 assault rifle, has launched another weapon in Britain -- Kalashnikov vodka.

Lt. Gen. Mikhail Kalashnikov, who invented the AK-47 after being shot by German soldiers during World War II, said Monday he wanted to continue "the good name" of his gun.

"I've always wanted to improve and expand on the good name of my weapon by doing good things," he told Reuters Television.

"So we decided to create a vodka under my name. And we wanted that vodka to be better than anything made, up until now, in both Russia and England."

The Kalashnikov rifle has become the weapon of choice for guerrillas and gangsters across the world. But Kalashnikov said his original intentions for the gun were purely patriotic.

"I did not create the gun for international conflicts, I created it to protect the borders of my country," he said.

"It is not my fault that it has been spread all over the world. It is its reliability and its simplicity that have taken it all over the world."

Promoters of Kalashnikov vodka, which is 82 proof, say it is "made from grain harvested in Russia and water drawn from Lake Ladoga north of St. Petersburg" and is best drunk with friends.

What's next? Berreta beer? Uzi motzah balls? Is this vodka supposed to be more 'manly' because it's named after a weapon?

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Protect the borders of his country or the borders of former occupied countries?

I'm sure someone in the U.S. is busily making a new beer called '12 Gauge'. And some of the drinks my bartender mixes at times could be considered assault weapons too!

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Shame on the old man.

To use the great weapon's name on the vodka label...
Almost a blasphemy. Anything's for sale these days.
Even the gunsmith's soul.

I'm no longer fond of the 47.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I consider tovarishch Kalashnikov to be the equal of both Browning and Garand

Here's a picture of an old engineer literally "off the street" with one of his favorite toys:

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Intoxicating Vodka, and the AK-47, they go hand in hand.

The Russian army recently announced that it will be moving to an "All-Kalishnikov" load-out for its troops. This vodka will be replacing their medical supplies and will serve as a painkiller, fuel, disinfectant, and adhesive gauze.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by GODFLESH]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GODFLESH
Intoxicating Vodka, and the AK-47, they go hand in hand.

No they don't.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
No they don't.

IF Aelita THEN NOT Sense of Humor

That said, 41% alcohol is not AK-worthy. It need the stopping power of at least 190 proof

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Originally posted by Aelita
No they don't.

IF Aelita THEN NOT Sense of Humor

That said, 41% alcohol is not AK-worthy. It need the stopping power of at least 190 proof

Sheesh, they should have made it 47%.
How simple is that.

I tried 200 proof trust me it's shiete

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Aelita]

[edit on 22-9-2004 by Aelita]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Monday, September 20, 2004 Posted: 12:57 PM EDT (1657 GMT)

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- The creator of one of the world's most famous guns, the AK-47 assault rifle, has launched another weapon in Britain -- Kalashnikov vodka.

That's right, this creates a reason to bring a smile to people's faces whenever the AK is brought up... which can now be purchased again in the US due to the recent expiration of the "Assault Weapons Ban". Perhaps there is a little propaganda here? Nah.. drink up, forget about it!

MK

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
What we need here is "Brownings Orange Juice", then you can have a Shooters Screwdriver.

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MKULTRA

That's right, this creates a reason to bring a smile to people's faces whenever the AK is brought up... which can now be purchased again in the US due to the recent expiration of the "Assault Weapons Ban". Perhaps there is a little propaganda here? Nah.. drink up, forget about it!

MK

You are one of the most paranoid people I've ever seen, yah know

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Ive been trying to get a bottle of this for awhile. Its pretty hard to get in the states.Ive been to a couple Ak forums and havent been able to trck this bottle down yet.

This is the bottle im trying to get, Thats the bottle in the case. I dont even like Vodka but I thought that would make a great collection piece.

On a side note Kalashnikov is not a rich man. In russia you didnt get patents rights for something like the AK you got medals. Eugene Stoner creator of the AR-15 was a millionare. One time when Eugene and Kalashnikov met Eugene had his own plane and Kalashnikov flew coach.

[edit on 22-9-2004 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Sep, 22 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
I dont even like Vodka but I thought that would make a great collection piece.

Well, I think I can help you out with that offending liquid. Bottoms up.

new topics

top topics

join