It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruger stops accepting gun orders!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
SOURCE

Was talking to my friend about getting some ammo after hearing that the government is buying extra amounts and having companies stop taking orders and he sent me this. Will more companies follow? It sais they will continue orders in May.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Yeah because they received over a MILLION orders and couldn't produce that much in do time, WOW that's alotta orders haha.

The sheep are stocking up!

edit on 22-3-2012 by TheIlluminatedOne because: oops

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIlluminatedOne
Yeah because they received over a MILLION orders and couldn't produce that much in do time, WOW that's alotta orders haha.

The sheep are stocking up!

edit on 22-3-2012 by TheIlluminatedOne because: oops

What makes you think it sheeple?

I heard the department of homeland security just ordered 450 million rounds of .40 caliber ammo.

Who is to say they didn't just order a million handguns also?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mwood

...It was a joke, hence the term 'sheep' and the obvious laughing face lol..
edit on 23-3-2012 by TheIlluminatedOne because: word

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
That's interesting. I recently made a post about a lack of ammo. I actually went to Wally World yesterday for some 9mm and they had one lousy box left. Not much selection for my .40 or .45 either. The guy said ammo has been flying off the shelves, and more people are showing up on delivery days. Not too long ago a clerk mentioned that they may be doing it to jack up prices.
I can see a run on Rugers. They are definitely not Sigs, Glocks, or Springfields. But on a budget, I wouldn't protect myself with anything less. For a mid-grade gun I'd rather have a Ruger and spend the money I saved not buying a Glock or better on ammo and supplies. I already own Glocks Sigs and Springs. But the first rule in a gun fight is to have a gun. If you can't afford a high quality pistol Ruger beats Kel-Tec, Cobra, Bersa, maybe the only one close is EAA and you don't see to many of them. Either way be safe, prepared, and shoot straight.
edit on 3/23/1212 by 1MrMarc because: oops

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

Ruger started a promotion 6 months or so ago. They said that for every gun they sold they would donate $1 dollar to the NRA. They did it in hopes of breaking the old record for most guns sold in a year. So far it has been so successful that they are now forecasting about $1.2 million will be donated to the NRA.

Their marketing plan worked. Now they have more orders than they can fill. That doesn't mean all of the orders have been sold to the consumer. It just means that the retail stores have bought that many from distributors.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This press release came with very interesting timing today, since my local gun shop announced that they will be having their bi-annual Ruger sale next weekend, the 30th and 31st. There will be Federal ammo on sale too, so it's bound to be a madhouse.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I would sure like to know what the work schedule and work load is at the Government Armorys...Like Radford and Lake City etc.

Something tells me that for several years now they have been working and turning out alot of ammo for the government.

Orangetom

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

Because government entities do not use ruger handguns... They use glock and beretta

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
people are not dumb we all know there is a good chance something teriible could happen soon.

More and more things get worse for America slowly but surely our nation us falling.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
looks like theres a lot more gunners out there thean I previously thought

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Bonkrh

RUGER AND S&W? both companies are not filling out orders for the next two months! This scares me maybe TSHTF is coming? This has only been seen once in US history- the civil war. With that said I say good luck

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Go over to a financial site and check out the stock prices for both Ruger (RGR) and S&W (SWHC) look at their 52 week performance. Neither company is taking new orders because existing orders are using almost their entire production capacity. That is the type of problem a business likes to have. If the demand keeps up then they will have to add production capacity which means jobs for someone. That's a good thing.

Now the reason for the demand for firearms is not necessarily a good thing. I think Obama has been the best thing to happen to the US gun industry in my lifetime. They should really honor him for it, present some type of award or something.

And that is before the Treyvon situation. I don't know enough about the events that night to have an opinion as to whether Zimmerman was justified or not, and I take anything the MSM says with a huge dose of skepticism. But, the racial agitprops are out in force on this. Throw in a GOP convention in the same state as the case is happening in at around the time that whatever state attorney investigation finds or grand jury deliberations and you've got a spark that this group of agitprops including the President himself are spreading as much gas as possible around an area they know there is going to be a spark.

Anecdotally, I actually know a couple of people who are taking money they were going to spend somewhere else (like on a vacation) and buying guns. No one I know or talk too seems to believe the lies fed daily about the economy improving anymore, we all feel like we are being sodomized at the gas tank, and the approved choices for President are so bad that I'm not really sure I care anymore.

Anyway congrats to Ruger on some outstanding sales.
edit on 30-3-2012 by jefwane because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Good thing there are other gun manufacturers. The DHS is trying to buy up all the ammo and firearms so that people cannot have them.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I heard from my local gun dealer that Sig Sauer is also on a two or three month back order. It is only affecting the 2022 and 250 was what he said. Those are the two most affordable guns in the Sig line. It looks like all of the mid line models are gaining popularity lately.

top topics

join