It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Possibly Mobilizing for Martial Law starting TODAY?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Hasn't there been a lot of news about Hezzbollah being prepared to strike within the US?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by WordsAreAvenues

Prepping the military for that would be proactive...we don't do proactive...especially under Bolt Hold Open

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Bullypulpit

Yeah I guess that'd just make too much sense.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by WordsAreAvenues

Unless they know a specific date/time they won't roll out troops ...our guys are burned out already

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
And Bolt Hold Open wants to give the Moslem brothers as much of a chance as he can

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
reply to post by TheIlluminatedOne

The problem I have with what your buddy said is that the US military does not officially use "threatcon" anymore and even if they did, you wouldn't be able to plan ahead to GO INTO threatcon Delta.

Maybe you would plan ahead if you already knew the outcome of certain events. May I ask how you know exactly what the military does or does not use given their penchant for secrecy?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hello

I work on a military base. There is nothing going on here. Probably just war games for your guy.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by odinson
Hello

I work on a military base. There is nothing going on here. Probably just war games for your guy.

Everything's good here people! Move along, nothing to see here!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I work at a Military installation (as a civilian) and I do have a security clearance. EVERY U.S. Navy base in the United States is going through a security drill this week. This happens on a regular basis. The purpose of this drill is to ensure that security personnel at the various bases are trained and ready to protect the base from infiltration and terrorist attacks. The elevated threat condition "Charlie" is part of that drill. When the bases go to "Delta" that is also p[art of the drill. These drills are specific to Navy bases, and probably Marine Corps as well, and only effect the base... not the surrounding areas. I just want to clear up any paranoia out there. Having said all of that, I personally believe that one day soon they are coming for us, but I assure you that this drill has nothing to do with it.

I think you are right on all counts. In addition I found this lady's blog, written about her daughter growing up, where she writes about this exercise; apparently it's an annual event.

Operation Citadel Shield and Iron Curtain...thankfully we only have to play this reindeer game once a year! Don't get me wrong, these are very important drills that make us think and plan for real life events. So, we spend a week testing our emergency response systems. As a part of these drills, the base gets locked down. One year, the lock down was rumored to start at 1500, so I left work at 1400 thinking I would beat the clock. Hm. That year, it took me almost 4 hours to travel 6 blocks to get off base. The problem and race this year was in that I was working on a different base this week. So, I had to leave the base I was on, get over to pick Annmarie up and get her out of the military child care facility before it locked down. ~ Source

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Yes, because prior to that there was no DHS. So it is not in fact the same.

Indeed... Prior to this there was no DHS and no one in their right mind would have envisioned a world with Northern Command. A U.S. Military Command whose sole purpose in life is the response to and deployment to handle issues in North America..I.E...the United States.

In light of the new infrastructure to enforce it..indeed..this is quite a bit different than the "We can take anything we want" executive orders which have come out since FDR and Truman with most recent re-issues coming under Baby Bush.

If this is the brave new world....I want a time machine.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIlluminatedOne

So I'd like to now ask my fellow ATSers on their judgement, opinions, and speculation as well with the given information, as to what they may be preparing for?

The best way is to be prepared, at least mentally, for anything!

And if we really mess things up and it all goes to crap, be prepared for the troll horde.

edit on 23-3-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So anything come of this... OR another typical ATS warning that amounts to nothing? And I ask that in total honest sarcasm of course.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Maybe that is why 3 Chinook helicopters flew over my house this morning.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by stonebutterfly
Im wondering if this has anything to do with the strange sounds around the country...
It looks like a natural disaster prep to me.

Liked, maybe we are being "HARPed" by China and like a crystal glass when it reaches a peak it POPS!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
Well there was a report on Iranians in the US, maybe that?

ETA: I found this.
ironshield.eventbrite.com...

OPERATION :
IRON SHIELD
This is a 24 hour Paintball Scenario Event. This event will consist of a 24 hour Scenario Paintball Game with State of the Art equipment & props. The producer WARGAMEZ LLc will use a combination of effects, props and actors to create a realistic role playing 24 hour Scenario.
STORYLINE
Memorial weekend 2011, the President is delivering a speech at a fireworks display in Orlando Florida. A prime target for terroists the tourist capitol of the world, the President, and a stolen Nulear Device attract the attention of Vengence an elite group of X soviet Nationalists who have sworn revenge on the united States for the Fall of the Soviet Union. An elite group of United States Special Forces known as Iron Shield has been called to arms to stop the Kidnapping of the President and an imment Nuclear attack on U.S. soil. Which will you be on?

edit on 22-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

Yeah I found that too when i searched for it but he said they sure as hell arent playing paintball lmao.
I couldnt actually find any article that was speaking this paticular 2012 date, maybe after a few days something might come up, if not its obviously top secret and wont be released to the public.

And also if it were this there wouldn't be mobilization happening, and not on the pretext of being "mission ready within minutes", of course, i could be wrong. Ill contact him tomorrow and ask if he is playing paintball, if so, ill let you all know lol.
edit on 22-3-2012 by TheIlluminatedOne because: more info

If it is very very top secret or scary, would they still be messaging on computers or would that be locked down too?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
So anything come of this... OR another typical ATS warning that amounts to nothing? And I ask that in total honest sarcasm of course.

Nothing... and I am serious. I wish this thread would go away.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Samsquanch
reply to post by TimesUp

I'm sorry, fill me in again. Why would they want to give the planet a "heart attack".

Maybe not the planet but the aim just the USA. The rest side effects around the world.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
So how long are these "MARTIAL LAW NOW!!" topics going to be allowed?

This crap belongs in skunk works

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradox
So how long are these "MARTIAL LAW NOW!!" topics going to be allowed?

This crap belongs in skunk works

Hahahah! Half the time the stuff in skunk works seems to make more sense.

It is after all the place where the far out stuff is moved to pretty quickly!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

reply to post by Fishticon84

Well my friend is in the Navy, perhaps they still use threatcon? although he lives on a base that is shared with other branches of the military. maybe the navy runs things differently im not sure, all i know is what he told me. with no reason to lie or make up an entire operation scenario, i believe what he says lol

Looks like THREATCON on pertains to Terrorist situations.
Renamed to(Force Protection Condition (FPCON for short)June 2001 due to confusion with United States State Department system of threat assessment.
en.wikipedia.org...

Definition: (DOD) A Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff-approved program standardizing the Military Services' identification of and recommended responses to terrorist threats against US personnel and facilities. This program facilitates inter-Service coordination and support for antiterrorism activities. There are four THREATCONS above normal: a. THREATCON ALPHA b. THREATCON BRAVO c. THREATCON CHARLIE d. THREATCON DE

usmilitary.about.com...

the other stuff is DEFCON

"A defense readiness condition (DEFCON) is an alert posture used by the United States Armed Forces.[1] The DEFCON system was developed by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and unified and specified combatant commands.[2] It prescribes five graduated levels of readiness (or states of alert) for the U.S. military, and increase in severity from DEFCON 5 (least severe) to DEFCON 1 (most severe) to match varying military situations.[1]"

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-3-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join