It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Possibly Mobilizing for Martial Law starting TODAY?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIlluminatedOne

yep you beat me to it but ya that is it, out is out in out?/ this is how the gov works try telling some one now you were a 32brovo, and they go uh...LRC US RA 1986

edit on 23-3-2012 by bekod because: editting

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
As to lenny and 29INF, no worries and sorry for the snatty comebacks.
Just my natural reactions to those who first come off as doubtful to my intelligence lol

But still i do agree now that it is just a drill do to the specifications of the Delta measures.
So likewise thanks for the input.
(btw i was in the army reserves myself so i know a little
)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheIlluminatedOne
Just my natural reactions to those who first come off as doubtful to my intelligence lol

But still i do agree now that it is just a drill do to the specifications of the Delta measures.
)

Trust me me... I am not worried about the tone of any reply... it is just the Inet... no big deal. Still, I don't think there is even a drill. Someone's friend said such and such, and now it's on the Inet. Hey, how many uncles who work for NASA have we heard about over the years?

And war games with paint balls? That came outa left field. War games are conducted on computers and over radios, consist primarily of those troops in command and control type positions and utilize as few troops as possible. As far as troops in a Field Training Exercise... paint balls? No... MILES. Military Integrated Laser Engagement System. And during the crawl phase of a live fire exercise, maybe the blue bullets, but probably just blanks.

And for a bit of simple language clarification as far as all the threat level identifiers (and I am talking out of my butt a bit here, but as I generally recall):

DEFCON... issued by the DOD/JCoS/POTUS as a national posturing of defensive readiness and potential engagement.

THREATCON... issued by specific uniformed services (Army, Navy, AF, CG, NOAA, Dept. of State military service wing [attaches and Marine Guards] and the illusive JSOC) for the purpose of mobilization and readiness.

And none of the above would affect any 'drill' being conducted on any given military installation because such things fall in the realm of:

Force Protection Measures... issued by installation commanders for whatever reason they might see fit. Heck, FPMs can be issued if the brass thinks too many DUIs came down on the blotter on any given night!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Also, I thought I would bring this forward so as to not add to the confusion. Nasa is trying to launch 5 rockets tonight as well. They will all be launched from the Wallops Facility in Virginia.

www.nasa.gov...

order for the launches to occur, clear skies are required at three special camera sites located along the mid-Atlantic coast in Virginia, North Carolina and New Jersey.

The visible tracers may be observed for up to 20 minutes by residents in the mid-Atlantic region, and along the east coast of the United States from parts of New Jersey to South Carolina.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

When I tell someone I was an 11 Bang Bang, it seems to resonate, so I don't follow..........

29INFDIV

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by 29INFDIV

Though you may like this. Ha ha.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by LennyDaRetard

Originally posted by TheIlluminatedOne

)

Trust me me... I am not worried about the tone of any reply... it is just the Inet... no big deal. Still, I don't think there is even a drill. Someone's friend said such and such, and now it's on the Inet. Hey, how many uncles who work for NASA have we heard about over the years?

And war games with paint balls? That came outa left field. War games are conducted on computers and over radios, consist primarily of those troops in command and control type positions and utilize as few troops as possible. As far as troops in a Field Training Exercise... paint balls? No... MILES. Military Integrated Laser Engagement System. And during the crawl phase of a live fire exercise, maybe the blue bullets, but probably just blanks.

And for a bit of simple language clarification as far as all the threat level identifiers (and I am talking out of my butt a bit here, but as I generally recall):

DEFCON... issued by the DOD/JCoS/POTUS as a national posturing of defensive readiness and potential engagement.

THREATCON... issued by specific uniformed services (Army, Navy, AF, CG, NOAA, Dept. of State military service wing [attaches and Marine Guards] and the illusive JSOC) for the purpose of mobilization and readiness.

And none of the above would affect any 'drill' being conducted on any given military installation because such things fall in the realm of:

Force Protection Measures... issued by installation commanders for whatever reason they might see fit. Heck, FPMs can be issued if the brass thinks too many DUIs came down on the blotter on any given night!

Yeah as for the paintball war game thing i have no idea where that came from either lol.
But the drill is actually in occurrence on the naval base my friend is at, the THREATCON itself wasn't actually ISSUED, it was more or less what would you do if it WAS issued.

But yes just training for if the threats were to arise.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

I was pre 9/11/01 then lived it til 07. So I don't take snarky as ignoramous (I know it's a made up word put it gets the point
I can be quite snarky myself, even in small squares
Like the Capitals are going to win the Stanley Cup
As for the layman 11B10, cross trained as having the powers of State Law Enforcement Officer (Strange but true when activated for State Service for Federal Law Enforcement but still under State Service with State Police Law Enforcement Power.) There is a lot in the mumbo jumbo that isn't directed and or objectified. That is a lot to swallow..... Even now there are people in the National Guard that are activated under state rule for Drug Interdiction, but also used for Federal Purposes. So it's rather interesting when a 'new' term is introduced to such a person (THREATCON.) Just my perspective. Even in inner city Baltimore, you try and approach 5th Regiment Armory (HQMDMILDEPT) you will be presented with a heavily armed soldier with the power to pursue and arrest you with State Police powers. They can even carry concealed weapons.

29INFDIV
edit on 23-3-2012 by 29INFDIV because: added THREATCON

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Get in your planes and follow me, get in your tanks and follow me

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Pre 9/11 to 07 wow that must have been a rough few years, I myself wasn't in until 08 so it wasn't QUITE as hostile, at least compared to the beginning years I was told.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

It was indeed quite interesting I can't quite keep going without going off topic, so DM me if you want to know more. I was Marine Corps before I was 29INF. Drive On.

29INFDIV

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

I was 02' to 07' myself. Served in Operation Phantom Fury in November of 2004. Crazy times. Also readiness drill like crazy back then. It seemed like once a month we were getting yanked out of bed in the middle of the night to do gear inspections and mobilization prep. The cool thing was our unit would always do something cool for us when it was over. The last one I paticipated in they took us to a baseball game and Budweiser gave us free beer all night. Marines who haven't slept in 2 days and are full of alchohol makes for some fun times I tell ya.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I swear 'Heartbreak Ridge' all over; except Clint Eastwood, but someone like him. A good friend is at 29 Stumps & says they still bring the brew

29INFDIV

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

here is a hint, the tip of a spear is a ... 5 of the 3rd, last action 1992 now part of the 1st, still DNK?
en.wikipedia.org... used as a reference and then this one en.wikipedia.org... so what was in and what did i do? i can not tell, but then was i in?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

here is a hint, the tip of a spear is a ... 5 of the 3rd, last action 1992 now part of the 1st, still DNK?
en.wikipedia.org... used as a reference and then this one en.wikipedia.org... so what was in and what did i do? i can not tell, but then was i in?

Okay, I wil bite. What was that all supposed to mean? You served in 3AD and in an AVN BTN.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Least they can do is wait until the semester is over so I can find out what my final grades are. Either that or they might be doing me a favor and letting me keep my As. Not sure which will be better. Finding out the final grades or hoping the grades stay where there at.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mark1167

Originally posted by grantjennings
The Australian Armed Forces had an operation of the same name. (Google) Excuse my ignorance but do the militaries of the world duplicate op names? I honestly have no clue.

I'm not sure but if two Prime ministers can give the exact same speech then I can't see why not.

And here we get in trouble for Plagiarism. Such role models.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Least they can do is wait until the semester is over so I can find out what my final grades are. Either that or they might be doing me a favor and letting me keep my As. Not sure which will be better. Finding out the final grades or hoping the grades stay where there at.

haha, likewise i agree !

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
So no martial law today?Well crap.Tune in tomorrow for another false alarm

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bullypulpit
So no martial law today?Well crap.Tune in tomorrow for another false alarm

I think this is why I come to the site. Always waiting to see what the next doom and gloom will bring.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join