It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Community

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm just wondering if any other ATS members watch the greatest show of all-time. If you don't already watch it you should start. Unfortunately it can be kind of hard to get into if you haven't seen it from the beginning. While the show primarily relies meta-humor and pop culture references it also does an amazing job at developing its characters. I can safely say that this is the first show I have seen where I truly care about the characters. I know that I'm doing an awful job at describing it, but that's simply because it truly is such a unique and special show. I wish I could post a clip that truly encapsulates the show but I can't think of anything that would make sense without context. So instead I will just post one of m favorite scenes.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I love Community, it's a great show. Glad it is back on, definitely one of the funniest shows on TV. I feel like nobody else has even heard of it though lol.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I ADORE Community. Anything with Chevy Chase (FLETCH!!) and Joel McHale (The Soup) is an awesome show in my book. Right now I only have internet so I've been suffering severe Community withdrawals. When I had cable I would DVR that show every Thursday night. I even set it to DVR longer because sometimes the best stuff was with Troy And Abed In The Morning.

I became huge fans of their thanks to the show.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by goochball

The problem is you can't really jump into the middle of it. Take for example last night's episode. If you had never seen the show before pretty much nothing would make any sense to you. On the topic of last night's episode though I do like how they're making Britta somewhat competent again and not just someone who Brittas everything up.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I watch it. Chevy Chase is good but my favourite character is the Asian Spanish teacher.

That guy is off the hook hilarious.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Community's one of my favorites. NBC has my three favorite comedies: Community, Parks and Recreation and 30 Rock.

It's one of the most creative shows on TV. Some people think it's nothing but pop culture references, but those are just the most obvious. It's hilarious character based comedy built around insane situations.

It is hard to just jump in to, though not impossible. The show is much funnier if you watch it from the beginning and you gradually get into the rhythm of the show. It's worth it, not only because it's funny, but because the show needs all the support it can get to keep going. On the schedule it's paired up against the Big Bang Theory, which is a much more accessible show so it constantly gets creamed.

The show's made up of really talented people you probably know. Joe McHale, who hosts The Soup. Donald Glover, who is the rapper Childish Gambino, part of Derrick Comedy and wrote for 30 Rock. Alison Brie, who has a small part on Mad Men as Pete Campbell's wife and is one of the best looking women in the world. Ken Jeong from the Hang Over, Chevy Chase from basically all of the '70s and '80s. And Jim Rash, who has the funniest role as the bizarre pansexual dean of the college, just won an Oscar.

I haven't been really blown away by this season, though it's had some of my all-time favorite episodes. But it's still better than almost everything else on TV.

This is from the mockumentary episode where Chevy Chase is in the hospital and is handing out psychologically twisted presents, like reuniting Joel mcHale with his estranged father

This won't make 100% sense out of context, but in this episode a bunch of different universes are created based on a dice roll to decide who gets pizza. This is the darkest timeline:

Chloroform:

I can't recommend the show enough. There are two episodes about all out paintball war, a fake clip show, a musical episode, a claymation episode, an episode where they play Dungeons and Dragons (actually got the rights to use the real name and it's not being made fun of as nerdy or dumb), a "zombie" outbreak, Chevy Chase dressed as The Beastmaster and a lot more.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
It's Thursday. That means the new episode of Community will be on shortly. If you haven't been watching tonight is definitely the night to tune in. This will be happening:

Yes, that's John Goodman sitting in a blanket fort wearing red onesie pajamas.

posted on Mar, 29 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

There's also a really funny and weird parody of 1984 revolving around Subway restaurants.

Can't wait for the next episode.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
After tonight's episode this thread needs to be bumped. That may have been the best episode they have ever put out. For those that didn't watch it imagine Ken Burns' Civil War centered around a pillow fight. This is seriously the most clever show on television and all of you need to be watching it. Big Bang Theory has nothing on it.

posted on Apr, 7 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

top topics

join