It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Duality of Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
These questions have been nagging at me for a while now...

We seem to live in a world of balance, yin and yang, positive and negative, good verses evil, and so on...
But what if that duality could be eliminated and the mind could be made to follow just one pure path?

If you could take just one path which would it be and why?

Not trying to be cliche, but I feel that a path of love and truth would be ideal... And I wonder if it is possible for one to cultivate those concepts and to make them perfect.

I think secret societies have knowledge of such things but I don't want to find myself accidentally swearing an oath to a demon or something... Where can one get true knowledge of the Light these days without having to sell his Soul?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The only thing you should subscribe to is that which you have directly experienced. Terence Mckenna was big on that, as well as S.N.Goenka

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Buddhism is fair good for that sorta thing.

Or you could see if theirs any Esoteric schools near you, their fairly underground but they do exist.

The best advice i could give you would be to practice meditation and awaken you Chakra's. The energy will guide you the rest of the way

Look up 'Kundalini' practices also.
edit on 22-3-2012 by hoonsince89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
You can't have one without the other. If you pick one (yin or yang) then at the same time you must be intrinsically acknowledging the existence of the other. There would be no good without bad, no love without hate, no dark without light, etc. Look at a tapestry or a weaving. One side is only there because the other one is too.

I think it's best not to try and pick one path, but realize that both sides will always be a part of you, the universe and everything.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I agree that you cannot have one without the other

if all you have is love, then you will be taken advantage of and eventually trampled over by those that don't

what you need to do, IMO, it to project all the positive things, but have the awareness to know that when push comes to shove, you need to fight back as well

I might not going around starting fights, but if you come at me, I will not hesitate to apply my fist to your face

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
problem here is that human life is not a a duality. its a trinity. negative, positive, neutral. up down / left right / forwards backwards all have to have a central point for reference. boiling hot / freezing cold, warm (room temperature). sexual male, sexual female, child. earth/moon/sun (this one is important, if it weren't for either the moon or sun we would not exist, as im sure you understand). dry/wet/moist. even the basic building blocks, electron/proton/neuron.

this is true, for all those who wish to deny. some people don't like to hear the truth because the untruth(?) has been comfortable for so long. its ok though, progress is change.

in saying this i understand where you are coming from, love and understanding can bring the world to its knees. instead of thinking though, we should try doing.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
hoonsince89 and zietgiestonwheels both offer very valid perspectives on the matter

you might not be able to have one without the other

but you can accept that the bad comes with the good, that the bad isnt bad it's just different, realize that the duality of yin and yang is just are both necessary to make up the singularity of the whole

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by captainrehab

in the sense that the object is the reason not its source, so sun and moon as u call it are not that but what support earth, and in what they are the same since to same object they are true relativity to truth fact always source

that is how duality do not exist for sure, but only subjectively and this is the issue of freedom evil clearly opposite to truth freedom

duality is taken as a way of life only for subjective freedom powers while never the reason of the ground that duality deal with or through in same terms objectivity of absolute facts

this show the hypocrisy of everyone, anyone know that what he says is always in positive clear terms condition to b justified existing, noone say smthg by hiting another with a hash or by denying what is in front of its eyes or anything real, while no everyone jump to affirm and keep confirm that yea anything is bc of dual just to protect their subjective life being all to them n nothing else matters, nevermind

so it is easy to b out of absolute perspectives since it is always there since it is the relation to true existence while truth is the only reason and possible outcome

but what is objectively most easy fact is the most hard one for wht noone can b objective when one by definition is never true

who would really care for alright ??? noone, not even me, so let wait for truth another billion generations it is cool as u see

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sotaz

The Christ had said you must become one of mind, but what did he mean.

In the beginning is said the One became dualistic, a multiplicity

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex
reply to post by sotaz

The Christ had said you must become one of mind, but what did he mean.

In the beginning is said the One became dualistic, a multiplicity

o really he said that??? amazing yea what did he mean it sounds so intelligent beyond ur head heh??

the christ said clearly u must become hypocrit and keep maximum to u people of jerusalem to rule all earth, that he will b back on time in glory, so u can rule in him, so?? enjoy ur power and ur god powers on rights, it has nothing to do with truth nor with any value as it is the opposite way

and no one is never dualistic, by definition one is cancer objectively but absolutely one its fact

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad
I agree that you cannot have one without the other

if all you have is love, then you will be taken advantage of and eventually trampled over by those that don't

what you need to do, IMO, it to project all the positive things, but have the awareness to know that when push comes to shove, you need to fight back as well

I might not going around starting fights, but if you come at me, I will not hesitate to apply my fist to your face

Would this concept still ring true if one were to live in a world with 100% love and 0% fear?
If you live in an atmosphere of constant sorrow,fear and hate your probably going to regenerate
the like. Living in an atmosphere of love and fearlessness doesnt seem like it would generate anything but!
Just my 2 cents

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sotaz

Non duality, Advaita Vedanta is what you should be looking into.
Here is a video called 'What is Non Duality?':
youtu.be...
And here is a video that will show you were to look:
youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by hoonsince89

you took the words right out of my mouth! Buddhism could heal many of the spiritual problems with humanity. it is so unassuming and undemanding that you can either adopt it as a religion or as an interesting philosophy and, basically, it teaches people to just calm the F*K down.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sotaz

We seem to live in a world of balance, yin and yang, positive and negative, good verses evil, and so on...
But what if that duality could be eliminated and the mind could be made to follow just one pure path?

Not trying to be cliche, but I feel that a path of love and truth would be ideal... And I wonder if it is possible for one to cultivate those concepts and to make them perfect.

I think secret societies have knowledge of such things but I don't want to find myself accidentally swearing an oath to a demon or something... Where can one get true knowledge of the Light these days without having to sell his Soul?

By asking within? There is only one duality I belive in and that is service to self (ego) and service to all. All is meant to be as 1 in symbiotic nature with each other. Parasitic behaviour is always wrong and only weakens or kills the host/system/person. If you say that All is One and that one is god. Then the devil in christianety is a soul who forced/manipulated god/all others to do his/her will. A person with ego that belives his/her way is the only way. The ego within all of us is the enemy to true happiness/unity.
edit on 23-3-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sotaz

Duality is part of this Construct, to keep the wool pulled over the eyes of the sheeple. It's once you realize the truth about duality that you then realize the third possibility of Neutrality/Zeroness, which is the Source of Duality.

There are Secret Societies that dew know the truth and you don't have to become a member to learn their secrets, for they don't hide their secrets, they are in plain sight, you just have to have an eYe to see. Where dew you find the true knowledge of the Light? In a Question.

Question everything.

Ribbit

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

"in the sense that the object is the reason not its source, so sun and moon as u call it are not that but what support earth, and in what they are the same since to same object they are true relativity to truth fact always source "

HUH!? that made no sense. also, if thats the only thing you could think to denounce in my post does that mean you agree with the rest of it? the sun is the source of light/food(for plants) and the moon is the protector of our tides/water.

IMO you have lived too long believing life is a duality and fear it being any other way.

Life is a trinity. In order for a fear/love duality to exist there has to be a neutral origin (zero point, nothing, absent of emotion) therefore creating a trinity. one of many.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by captainrehab

why do u react now when u prove not even reading my words, it doesnt matter what u think matter is what u can justify objectively existing first
trinity do not exist by definition, while opposite could exist since clearly mean same thing, only two could mean one

but one is not the truth, freedom is the truth while freedom is always the free alone so only self source

it is obvious that u use the word trinity to say anything through the energy giving to scripture and religions hoping that ur god will make ur expression sound alive

trinity is a fallacy that mean objective creation pretentions in the will of possessing what really exist

while what i said as a reply, was clearly pointing existence being free, meaning objective superiority independant totally from concepts and wills

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainrehab
reply to post by absolutely

IMO you have lived too long believing life is a duality and fear it being any other way.

Life is a trinity. In order for a fear/love duality to exist there has to be a neutral origin (zero point, nothing, absent of emotion) therefore creating a trinity. one of many.

Absolutely Pee On!

When it comes to Life, I refer to it as a Trinality instead of a Trinity because of the completeness of it.

Ribbit

Ps: The Law of Opposites comes into play:

"Law of Opposites - opposites cannot exist without each other and if one exists, so too does the other, with the opposing opposites comprising SourCe and SourCe comprising the opposing opposites."

-1 0 +1

Negative One and Positive One both comprise SourCe Zero, which is the Neutrality of Life.
The problem is peeps have been programmed to think that sumthing cannot come from n0thing.

new topics

top topics

join