It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim School denied entry into Texas Private School Sports League (based on simple questionaire)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Whilst I agree that it is a private organization and is within it's rights to deny entry to the Islamic school I believe that they have missed a wonderful opportunity here. They have missed the opportunity to allow the children to learn about each other's cultures, and to learn tolerance and respect for beliefs different than their own.

I do understand the fear that they are facing- fear of violence, name calling, etc., but that is something that is already going on between some of the sports teams anyway. I personally think they should give it a try. If they don't abide by the rules they could always be suspended from the league- but I think that should apply to ANY team that doesn't follow the league's guidelines. Also if they refused to play during certain religious holidays or to play against teams with female members they would have to forfeit those games- just like any of the other teams already have to.

It is my opinion that the kids from the Islamic school just want to play their sport and be able to compete just like all the other kids. I believe people are making it into something else altogether and are not remembering their own childhoods and how wonderful it was to play the game.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaMuslim
Why ask so radical questions when it's clearly a mock and attack attempt by the questionnaire?

I acknowledged that they were. For Christians, Islam is basically competition.

There are 2 billion muslims, and if their purpose was to eliminate the "infidels" and not "mix" with others, then we would of lived on the moon by now.

I'm not meaning to imply that all of you subscribe to the "Salaam alaikum; Resistance is futile," meme/behaviour pattern; but some of you do. It's not always possible to know whether or not a given Islamic group does or doesn't, ahead of time.

Why will America never show that example?

Because America (particularly Christian America) is an empire, and considers Islam a form of competition, as mentioned.

Before you react to this, I'm going to say again that I am aware that not all Muslims are like that. Some of you are entirely peaceful people, and I'm well aware of that; but again, some of you aren't. I will also say that a lot of Americans have their own issues in the area of hate and intolerance to work out, and that is not your fault. Being Islamic specifically, however, does not help; partly because Americans have been brainwashed by their government to view you as an unusually potent threat, and partly because in some places, Muslims genuinely are extremely violent.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm afraid you still don't get the point.

Time to take off the blinders?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
This is an issue of religous discrimination.

This organization doesn't have only Christian schools in it, they have Jewish schools in it and non-religous schools.

So they are singling out Muslims and not allowing them...and they can't do that. If they had an all Christian league...that is fine...but once you start letting in other non-Christian teams...then IMO you have to let in everyone regardless of their religion.

This is religous discrimination, plain and simple.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
This is an issue of religous discrimination.

This organization doesn't have only Christian schools in it, they have Jewish schools in it and non-religous schools.

So they are singling out Muslims and not allowing them...and they can't do that.

If they are an association which provides anything non-essential, (i.e., that a person won't die if they don't get) then as far as I am concerned, yes, they should be able to. This is particularly true if membership of the organisation involves any type of contractual agreement. If they are the author of said joining contract, they get to define terms.

There's nothing stopping the Muslims from forming their own such group with other Islamic schools.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I'm sure that is your opinion as a LIbertarian...but it is not the current law of the land.

The law of the land is you can't discriminate (i.e. exclude) BASED on religion.

I respect your opinion...but you must respect the current law of the land.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Can't we all just play nice together.... I think this might be a missed opportunity.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by chloe4412
Understand this, Muslims do attend Catholic, Episcopalian schools and they have to go to Mass and Prayer and even do acting in the Christmas plays.

Thats not true. If a non-Catholic attends a Catholic school they do NOT have to go to Mass or say prayers. However, if they go they should have the common sense to understand that it's a Christian school and to expect Christian things to be happening around them.

Unfortunately ... that hasn't always been the case. Recently a bunch of Muslims got accepted to Catholic University in DC .. and upon going to school there they turned around and promptly sued the school to have the crosses, statues and religious stained glass removed from the school. they found it offensive. :shk:

The questionaire isn't 'racist' because Islam isn't a race. And I understand the private school sports league making sure that the identity of the league won't be disrupted by the same kind of behavior that muslims disrupted Catholic University with.

And I fully understand why the Christian league would ask questions about Christmas and other religious holidays. They are going to be scheduling sporting events on Muslim holidays and they have to be sure that the Muslim teams would actually show up. Totally understandable.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Unfortunately ... that hasn't always been the case. Recently a bunch of Muslims got accepted to Catholic University in DC .. and upon going to school there they turned around and promptly sued the school to have the crosses, statues and religious stained glass removed from the school. they found it offensive.

please cite this allegation :

university name

name of plaintiffs and defendants

court dockett number

etc etc

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
LOL! Another great chance for chistians to act more like christ... and they fail.

Im sure jesus is sitting in heaven with his palm planted squarely in his face.

Lol! Another great chance for Muslims to act like Muhammad, trying to push their way in and force themselves on people who do not want them. Muhammad is would be smiling.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Because you:

a) cannot read
b) cannot use Google
c) are completely uninformed about this

I have taken the 15 seconds to get this link just for you.

www.washingtonpost.com...

This whole thing is a sad, lose-lose situation propagated by fear. The MSM and our Government has created such a hatred of Islam that now they have everyone at odds.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by redbarron626

Because you:

a) cannot read
b) cannot use Google
c) are completely uninformed about this

I have taken the 15 seconds to get this link just for you.

www.washingtonpost.com...

This whole thing is a sad, lose-lose situation propagated by fear. The MSM and our Government has created such a hatred of Islam that now they have everyone at odds.

Agreed, If Christianity or Judaism had been hit by the same propaganda that Islam has, It would have vanished off the face of the earth.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I think its childish.

I think the Catholic church/league - - - needs their diapers changed.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by petrus4

I'm sure that is your opinion as a LIbertarian...but it is not the current law of the land.

The law of the land is you can't discriminate (i.e. exclude) BASED on religion.

I respect your opinion...but you must respect the current law of the land.

You obviously don't know the law. Private entities can discriminate, public ones cannot. You could open up a restaurant right now and hang a sign saying "WE DO NOT HIRE OR SERVE BLACKS OR JEWS" and there is nothing anyone could do about it... other than boycott and the gov. find you ineligible for federal tax credits, federally based loans/relief programs or grants (as you are not an EEO). No matter what Woolsowrth's might have been forced to do, the law has since been rectified.

No one can force a private club to accept any member... country clubs don't have to let in blacks anymore than the Masons have to let in women... but gov. jobs/public roll unions... they have to let in black women.

No law can force a black, private home owner to make him/her let a white person into their home if they don't want... but white people can't be excluded from public lands/buildings.

EDIT:

And as a fine example considering the topic... Non Catholic kids can be excluded from catholic elem/HS (IF the schools receives no fed funds... and if it does get fed $$$, the catholic school is required to take in a certain number of non catholics, and is excused from any racial quotas... and yes, there are a lot of all white/hispanic [but no blacks] catholic schools).

Hebrew school is under no obligation to teach non Jew kids about the Torah or Yiddish... it's private religious instruction.

edit on 23-3-2012 by LennyDaRetard because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaMuslim

That is where you are wrong!
Yeshua/Jesus, was G-d in flesh,not a prophet!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

dude .. really? it was all over the news ...
Catholic University sued for being Catholic

Muslim Students Sue Catholic University of America for Surrounding Them with Catholic Symbols

According to the 60-page complaint, filed with the Washington, DC Office of Human Rights, the private Catholic school acted “probably with malice” against the Muslim students by filling the campus and dormitory space with crosses and other Catholic symbols. By not providing space for the Muslim students to worship, they force them to pray in classrooms whose Catholic natures “prevent” Muslims from praying.

Originally posted by Annee

Considering all your anti-Catholic posts ... I'm not surprised at your response.

The law suit was brought forward by a lawyer on behalf of the muslim students at Catholic University.
It is unclear as to how many students were in on the lawsuit or if it was just the lawyer.
The lawsuit is very real. It is understandable that this would make a Christian sports league
nervous and want to protect it's identity.

edit on 3/23/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
How is "the philosophy of human life and action (which) concerns everybody and everything" a digression?

Because this isn't a question about excluding someone from the economy, this is a question excluding a particular organization from another particular organization's association/business. No one is stopping this particular group who was rejected by a particular association from formulating their own particular league so that other particular groups can join their particular league so that all rejected particular groups can compete in their particular sport.

And the reason this is a digression is because it ultimately reduces to the principles of economics, mostly the establishment and measurement of private property, and not the topic's subject.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Considering all your anti-Catholic posts ... I'm not surprised at your response.

It could have been the reverse. It could have been other then Catholic.

Sometimes Facts are just Facts.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LennyDaRetard
You obviously don't know the law. Private entities can discriminate, public ones cannot.

This is really all there is to it. The difference is between public and private. I would classify myself as a libertarian but that's irrelevant to the subject because private discrimination is protected under Constitutional law, and things like the Civil Rights Act did not apply to private dealings, but rather to public facilities like schools, etc.,

The extension of law into private business started with the commerce clause, which is a deus ex machina for anything the state or the majority dislikes.

Walter E. Williams
edit on 23-3-2012 by imherejusttoread because: added url.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The Questionnaire is laughable. Would you ask a Christian school if they tolerated incest?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join