It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Buried My Grandfather. I'm now waiting for his phone call...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Communication attempts from the great beyond I really think is possible, especially if it happens to be electromagnetic in any way.
Of course there is still a missing element that might be contributing to the immediate decay of such a signal.
Once that element is discovered and factored into the equation we just might have a continuous and direct line with the dead.

I take it the phone call mentioned in the OP was to a land line?

How soon before we start getting calls from departed loved ones on our cell phones?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Your experience is a a long-known paranormal occurrence amongst those who study the paranormal. One of my first paranormal books I read, back in 1980. (inspired by a series of ufo sightings in the late '70's,) was called 'Phone Calls From The Dead'. The accounts within were JUST LIKE yours. God, I wish your first posting responder here wasn't so (disappointingly and cruelly insensitive, I'm sure) flippant and ignorant to this particular phenomenon, I just HATE thread responses like that.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Yes, it was a land line. And I thank you all for your sympathies.

It's a strange phenomenon and I'm glad others here have shared similar stories.

I'm at work for most of the day so if he feels like it, he can leave a message!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
My mother-in law passed away and my dog happened to sit and look up at our clock one morning at exactly 2.20 am and wouldnt move. Just stared at it and nothing else. I asked my wife when her mother had died and what time she passed away. It was exactly a year to the day and the exactly the same time as well.
Weird or what? The clock had belonged to her as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

If the phone wasn't his 'thing', be open to his 'call' coming from something else.

About a week aft my FIL died, I had the most fantastic dream about him surrounded by the things he loved...pets that had died years before, his garden that he'd had to give up years before......he even showed me a door that opened onto the deck of a sailing ship where a young woman sat waiting for him....as he stepped thru the door his hair turned from white to the dark curls I'd only seen in old photos......the door closed in my face and I woke up!

My husband had worried that 'Pop' had been angry or upset when he died, we had discussed this a bit that night just before bedtime. So one could dismiss my dream as my attempt to comfort my husband.....but I think it was an attempt by Pop to comfort him.......he just 'called' via me.

The part about the sailing ship really resonated with my husband.......That was a dream of Pop's that I had not known about, something he'd told my husband as a child when they'd go skiing at the lake. Pop had been in the Navy and always loved the water......I definately believe he was in Heaven.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Similar thing happened when my nan & pop died. Both times at almost the exact time of death there was a single clap of thunder, despite there not being a cloud in the sky. Mum was in the ambulance when she heard the familiar thunder and knew straight away what it meant...just her parents way of saying goodbye and giving her some closure

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sorry for your loss.

Had a similar experience and was going to post it a few times on here, but thought against it.

A week after my father passed away I was watching TV at about 11.30 at night and my wife and daughter were in bed.

The phone rang once for a few seconds and rung off. About a minute later it rang again so I turned down the volume on tv and answered the phone. No reply, silence and line went dead, back to dialing tone.

The scary bit. As soon as i had put phone down I could here my daughter coughing and spluttering. Ran upstairs and she had been sick in her sleep and luckily roused her and she was fine, but scared the **** out of me.

After she was settled again I went back down to the phone and dialed the 1471 which allows folks in the UK to see who had last called.

The last person to phone was a friend that morning at 10.30am.

edit on 23-3-2012 by D8ncer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

hey!

Thanks for sharing dude. Sry about your grandad.

I'd very much like to think that this is possible

and I do hope you get your call, let us lot know if you do ... that would be great

edit on 23-3-2012 by AnotherHumanBeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
My sympathy for your loss, what a beautiful story about your Grandam, I believe you fully.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

That...thing ain't your grandma. What that thing is, is something that walked this earth thousands of years ago but had it's body destroyed, and so it wants your body as a replacement. That thing is a Nephilim, specifically its spirit. Some people call them ghosts, others call them demons but it is a nephilim spirit.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
reply to post by UFO1414

That...thing ain't your grandma. What that thing is, is something that walked this earth thousands of years ago but had it's body destroyed, and so it wants your body as a replacement. That thing is a Nephilim, specifically its spirit. Some people call them ghosts, others call them demons but it is a nephilim spirit.

Do you have no respect nor regard for anyone's loss. You post some of the most insensitive crap I've ever read.

Plus...I say you are wrong...you don't know everything about the spiritual realms, even though you like to act like you do. Why don't you go start another fear mongering religious thread...you are so good at that....

Des
edit on 23-3-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Before I lost my hearing, I was heavily into EVP and received an email with a recorded phone message.

After I developed and enhanced it, it said "She's going to save the whole house."

The owner was having her house re-roofed after the hurricanes here.

EVP is an extraordinary thing. Most people don't believe in it and others think it is the devil. I have the recording posted but I will not say where because I have received threats in the past.
However, know that he is well and in a good place. He just wants you to know he is still around.
When you feel his presence, just sit down, relax and talk. He will hear you.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Sorry for the loss.

My mom has had something similar happen after her mom died (my grandma). They used to talk on the phone every day when she was alive. Well now sometimes when there is a holiday or special occasion coming up the phone will ring just once and the name of her mom (who had a very distinct spelling of her name) would come up on the caller ID. What makes it even weirder is that the caller ID usually takes more than one ring to show the name so make of it what you will.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This story sounds alot like the one i read in the news a week or so ago about the guy who got an email from his dead friend mentioning things that happened after he died. Pretty crazy.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I've heard of this sort of thing happening before, think it would have to happen to you before you could fully understand it. Scary.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Hi, just wondering how things are
going.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
Hi, just wondering how things are
going.

Never got the phone call. But I did have some hairs raised on my neck in a "funny" incedent in my garage last week. My grandad was always a tinkerer. I have no proof but I'm still a believer...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Grandpa still tinkering?
I believe it.
BTW, your avatar Marv has always been a personal fave. He gets it. He sits atop our keyboard.

Blessings to Grandpa and all. And, if he does stop by, please let us know.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Fascinating story, thanks for posting! There is a brand new book out on this subject, with a title very similar to the one mentioned above. "Telephone Calls from the Dead" by Cal Cooper. The author is an English parapsychologist.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
i still sometimes can smell my late dad,s pipe tobacco in my home that he used to always smoke. just as if he is here watching over us.....he died long before i ever moved here so was never in the house at all.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join