It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Buried My Grandfather. I'm now waiting for his phone call...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
My Grandfather was a simple living guy living into his 95th year when he passed on, this past week-end. A kind man. A gentle man. A gentleman. I spent maybe 2-3 weeks a year with him growing up as a child like many of you most likely did. You know, dropped off for a few days to give your mom and dad a break.

This is my first and only paranormal experience in my life, excluding sleep paralysis which I find all scientific explanations more than plausible.

Now here's where it gets wierd.

My Grandmother and the wife of 60 years to my Grandfather passed away just over 12 years ago. At the time I was still living with my folks.

Within a week of her passing there was a phone call to my parents house. I answered, there was a terrible connection on the line. But I distinctly heard the words "XXX, is that you?". I knew the voice immediately. It was unmistakable and I felt like I was sucker-punched in the gut. My heart went into over-drive. I called out for my Grandma but then there was only static, and then nothing. I *69'd that ASAP. The familiar ring of "the call cannot be traced" or whatever lingo they used then was a dash in my hopes that it was just an errant caller with a familiar voice.

My folks were having dinner when that phone rang and I answered it. I told them the truth. "Grandma just called." I've never mentioned except that one time. Maybe they thought "I was in shock" to them or they never wanted to approach the subject matter for some other reason. But I know what I heard that day. I'm not 100% convinced, but pretty close to it.

Now Grandpa, I'm here and waiting for your call.
edit on 22-3-2012 by UFO1414 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
W t f........

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 3/23/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Condolences for the loss of your Dear Grandpa. I hope you hear from him, and Grandma too. They are together now.

Bright Blessings

Des

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one that had a freaky phone experience after a close relative died.

Three days after my father passed, our phone in the dining room, next to a painting he had done and given me, would ring three times, then stop. It was late at night and we were in bed, so I picked up the extension in the bedroom, but there was an immediate dial tone. That phone in the dining room (and NONE of the other phones in the house, 5 total) rang 3 times, then stopped, then rang 3 times again, then stopped, for the next two hours.

I knew it was dad trying to contact me, but earlier my then-husband had gone out in the dining room, and right by the picture, a bright flash went off in front of his face and scared him to death. No light bulb burned out, he hadn't turned on any lights, and it was a bright white/blue flash that was completely freaky and abnormal. We were both too scared to go into the dining room and pick up the phone.

I called the phone company and the phone manufacturer the next day, and they said what happened was "impossible". Those guys obviously never saw the Twilight Zone episodes where the deceased called the living!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I hope you haven't sat up a
phobia of phone calls for
yourself. Let us know if he
calls.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Don't be disappointed if you don't get a call; who knows what the cause of such events is? But if your Grandpa was the type that said what needed saying and what not, well, he may just not have reason.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya though, I know I wouldn't mind hearing my Grandpa's voice again.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Stranger things have been known to happen. Sorry for your loss but keep us informed if/when your grandfather calls.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I can only hope to live so long. Well done Gramps.

As far as your story. Very neat. Nothing like subjective evidence to really blow open the minds, aye?

Pity its soo damn difficult to get the objective truth and put this matter to rest for all time...anyhow, doubtful you will receive the same "sign" as before, so, don't be focused on that and that alone...also guard yourself for any false signs...such as if your light burns out...it might just be your lights burning out sort of thing. Well, you seem to have a level head on the matter, so won't go into boring lecture mode.

but ya..cool stuff.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Too true, not expecting, but wait... I'm 1/1. So yes I'm expecting!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Have read stories like this on radio operators.

People claim to have worked them in the days after death not knowing they are SK (silent key).

Weird...

C2C has broadcast audio that they recorded of deceased persons.

K

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

My wife went through the same thing when her sister died. The phone would ring and there would be garble and static on the phone. One other time a really weird thing happened on our answering machine. We got home and we started playing back our phone messages. We stopped in our tracks after hearing a strange recording.

In order to leave more than one message, the caller would have to call back to leave another message. On this particular message we hear the ring, which you don't hear when you play back your messages. This particular recording we heard a ring than garble talk and static, a pause, a ring, garble message and static again, a pause, a ring, and another garble and static message. It was all in one recorded message. We both looked at each other and said this has to be Kathy! We immediately checked where the phone call was coming from, and it listed her parents house. We called her parents and asked if they left any messages and they told us they didn't. They told her they weren't home all day because they were at the doctor's office!

My wife has had many "signs" from her sister. The day after she passed, my son had to take his SAT test at his school so my wife had to drive and drop him off. During the drive, she smelled a bouquet of flowers and immediately asked my son if he smelled flowers and he acknowledged that he smelled the same thing. This was during the winter and the car windows were rolled up.

Her sister also loved a particular butterfly. One day the same butterfly she always liked flew into the back of our van and just laid on the seat and died. I ended up preserving the butterfly and it's now in a frame hanging on our sun room wall. I think the name of the butterfly she liked was called a swallow tail. Not that common to find them in the city.

So I really believe your grandmother was trying to send a message to you. I was always a skeptic, but after my wife's sister died, she had just too many strange things happening. I'm sure one way or another your grandfather will try to send you a message. Keep the faith.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
There should be no tears here. 95! It's a great Berometer. 95=long life and back-hand status. Tell me Grandpa, no back-hands???

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

AweSome WeRpeons. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

I believe you.

We just said our goodbyes to a good man who just passed, in his 95th year. He lost his wife just about the same amount of years ago as your Grandfather did.
He also lived a good full life, was fully chipper and happy and healthy til the end - sound familiar?

We've shed a few years at the loss of such a legacy.
They don't make them like that anymore.

All the best.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Sorry for your loss.
No matter how old... It still sucks.
But let his legacy live in yours.

Here is a toast for all our friends and family who have gone before us!

Til we meet again!! -Toast-

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
My condolences on the loss of your dear Grandfather.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

Hmmm, I have never experienced the paranormal events as you have, but my wife has, cant explain that I guess I'm oblivious to reality. Sad thing is i do believe it is possible, after my cousin died at the ripe old age of 32 years old of a massive heat attack in 1996, we had received phone calls for a week or so afterward?? I don't know, she has seen ghosts of children in other places, maybe she has something that funnels them or attracts them to her, but not me. who knows???

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
just make sure you record the call this time...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

i heard, that you only hear something from deceased ones, when they haven't passed over to the other side, over the jordan (river), sort of speak. if they passed over, it could be angel, demons playing tricks on you.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero
just make sure you record the call this time...

exactly that!

or hopefully catch it on voicemail/answering machine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join