It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Green Climate Fund Wants UN style immunity, but not part of the UN

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Although I take most FOX NEWS stories with a pretty big pinch of salt, this one definitely got my attention.

A $100 BILLION annual fund that wants complete immunity from all laws (including civil and criminal) in regards to what it spends its money on?

And they want a guarantee that whatever country they end up in will adher to this immunity?

In other words, give us $100 billion a year, which we MIGHT put towards lowering global emmissions, but hey, we might just all buy Ferraris and apartments on the Lower East Side or fund nuclear weapons research in North Korea or send a few billion worth of weapons to terrorist groups and there's diddley squat that anyone can do about it.

www.foxnews.com...

I'd think that EVERYONE should keep a close eye on this one. I'm predicting that this is going to be another money pit of taxpayers' money, with no tangible results reports. We definitely need to keep a very close eye as to who gets put in charge of this group.

$100 billion a year to do what you like with? SIGN ME UP !

I'll say whatever it takes for that sort of funding. Of course, you know that this money will go towards funding those scientists that say that global warming is man made, in the face of any sort of legitimate science that might even slightly detract from showing this.

It's also interesting to me that this comes right at the same time that "about 160 years of meteorogical data" since about 1850 are being "reevaluated". What's the betting that any data showing any sort of cooling trends will mysteriously disappear?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This has the potential to blow up into a den of corruption like other organisations that have gotten a reprieve from the legal system. I am not sure why the UNFCCC is not part of the UN organ and as such would fall under greater UN oversight. Without any checks, form of accountability or oversight the risk of corruption is high and of concern.

But with such a maze of treaty obligations and diversity of local laws getting any progress could be very difficult, if not impossible in trying to establish some global cohesion with climate change and other environmental issues. Having such power would allow this organisation to release some technology currently held under national security, it would also provide some power in taking on the big polluters without an endless and costly legal confrontation.

There are some very important lessons to be learnt from the CIA and what consequences legal immunity provides. Political assassinations, drug running, espionage and a host of other crimes in support for the military industrial complex. I acknowledge that there is an argument that to heal this planet we need to play by its rules, but in releasing another lawless entity we are further degrading what is holding us together. I further acknowledge that some protection and power is required to confront the difficult and global challenges of climate change. As for where to draw the line, I hope the wisdom of the world can shine its light.

join