It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If someone has a great UFO photo, why should or should not this pic be shared?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
once again, if you own the camera that the EXIF data on the picture matches up to, the photo is already protected.
No one else can produce the camera you shot the picture with in a court of law except for you.

Your picture is protected by the EXIF data already on it, that contains information about the camera that you shot it with, that you own.

Your picture is protected the the very instant you take it, and will always be protected unless you sell the rights to said picture.

From an artist/photographer perspective, I'd be absolutely thrilled if someone tried to steal my work.
Someone attempting to steal my work, whether the work is conventional photography, or a composition such as my avatar, means there's a chance for me to get paid more than if the thief purchased rights of use.

Please post the picture.

edit on 22-3-2012 by nineix because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
What is a great UFO picture?, i never think i have seen one.

I have seen a lot of birds, bug, airplane, lensflares, chinese lanterns, RC flying things, balloons and all kind of stuff.
But the really great clear UFO picture, which just makes you think, what the hell is that, i have still to see.

But i still like to see pictures because maybe this one will be the one, post your picture i am curious

edit on 22-3-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
The suspense is killing me
Post it already!!!

I will be very surprised if the picture contains the first ever actual photograph of an alien spaceship
But if it does....you will become pretty well off from it.

So post it...let us look at it...and you shall get the answers that you are looking for.

Either its unexplainable, explainable...a UFO...or something more mundane...like a balloon. Unless you show the pic, you will never know.

ETA: Trust me...i dont want to sell your picture lol

edit on 22-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Doubt it. That's why he's taking so long to post it. Like dangling candy in front of you and then eating it.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

ok, please tell me how to send to you. I will do that. I do hate the thought of losing my own photo. But, I think I am kind of okay with sharing.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Manhater, btw, I am all woman!

And my hesitance to share has nothing to do with anything but fear of losing my own photo, and finding everywhere or ANYwhere I did not put it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well I'm just disappointed that you have a picture of a ufo and you won't show it. That's kind of messed up, I mean, if I ever have a picture or video of something like that you can bet I'll post it here real quick. So what, who cares?
If your worried about copyright.....
It's like they said above....
It's already covered.
Show the pics. Spread the evidence.
TXML

You have the original, that's what matters.

edit on 22-3-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I am going to do, having problems sending to mod, I do not know how. I downloaded into imageshack.
edit on 22-3-2012 by MoEskiMo because: opps, typo

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by MoEskiMo

I think you just send the message....

with the url inbetween [img] www.random.com [img/] like that

Go to tools, messages, compose message (on the right)....put greeneyedleo as the recipient..then get the url for image shack and put it between the [img] [img/]
edit on 22-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: spelling

edit on 22-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I think I sent it to her. She said she was about to leave, maybe she is gone? I don't know.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

You could also post the picture your self, here is how you do.

Open the picture in imagechack or where you put it, right click the picture and chose "copy picture webadress".

Now come back here, and make a post, Click the "Image tab" in the top, Alittle window opens up, right click and paste, and press OK.

before you poste, change the IMG in both ends of the link to ATS and post, voila you have embeded the picture for everyone to see.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoEskiMo

I would like a way to protect it. I have not had my questions answered, sorry, I am wondering still a few things.
Like I said, I have been sitting on this photo since 2009.

Use the copyright symbol ( © ) and your name or moniker next to it. By posting it here the time and date is recorded for posterity. Which will matter as a legal issue latter.

But you'll never make a dime off of it anyway, but if anyone else ever tries to do so then you can sue them.

edit on 22-3-2012 by lost_shaman because: to clarify.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

You have the original and unless the MIB come knocking at your door, you are not going to lose your rights to that image. So what if people download it. Just post under the picture that the image can not be used for commercial purposes or gains and that the image can be used for entertainment purposes only.

This allows people to play with it, but those who download the image, cannot reproduce the image as a whole and can use the image in their own work and they can not make money while using that image in their work. If they do, it will give you rights to sue.

Also put that if they use your image they must put the appropriate copyright of the artist. Simply put.

Problem solved.
edit on 22-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Mianeye

does not say copy web address, do you mean just copy shortcut?

Thanks I will do

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

To be honest i don't know, mine is allways in danish, but i think that will do the job, try it...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Maybe, a personal experience is called personal for a reason, and once you share you take away all possibility of your life being private?

That happens everytime you log on.
Let alone putting personal; photo's online.

You and many others only have yourselves to blame.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Photo by MoEskiMo
This picture is protected.
We will see if this works, be sure to zoom in, look first on the left side before you zoom, see the two dits, now zoom on these, then go to the center, there is two more, then there is one more.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

no, I did something wrong.
second sentence

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
wow, I am confused, and I also said look first on left, side I meant the right. can someone help me get a mod maybe to help me?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Photo by MoEskiMo
This picture is protected.
We will see if this works, be sure to zoom in, look first on the left side before you zoom, see the two dits, now zoom on these, then go to the center, there is two more, then there is one more.

Hmm... wierd you did everything right..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join