It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths magnetic pole reversal is happening NOW!!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
A CME would not stop the internal flow of magma within the earth...it can however temporarily blow away our atmosphere(in total) which in turn will kill everything needing it to survive.

The earth is a very resilient planet and its atmosphere will slowly return...and we will not.
edit on 23-3-2012 by maestromason because: *correction

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

I think your proposition is valid. I know of a book that's also deals with the idea of magnetic revearsals and evolutionary leaps, but I have not read it myself: evolutionaryleaps.com...

I don't know much about the author though, and I'm a little bit sceptical since I read a blog of his connected to his book "Iceage now".

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by pimpinette
reply to post by prisoneronashipoffools

I think your proposition is valid. I know of a book that's also deals with the idea of magnetic revearsals and evolutionary leaps, but I have not read it myself: evolutionaryleaps.com...

I don't know much about the author though, and I'm a little bit sceptical since I read a blog of his connected to his book "Iceage now".

Oh, very interesting and thankyou for the info.
I will have to check it out.

Yeah, it's just an idea I have been kicking around more and more since I watched the NOVA special on magnetic pole reversals awhile back. I guess it's a wait and see thing though and may not be for a very long time.

Thanks for your time and your reply.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
interesting video but i have one question . at the beginning they referred to Venus as having a very weak magnetic field so with its proximity to the sun and stronger solar wind . why does Venus have such a thick atmosphere ? I know that Venus is very close to the size of the Earth so it is a mystery

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

No one said doom and gloom, and the OP did not say doom and gloom.
Certainly not me.

You're quite right - mass extinctions are a cause for celebration

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
YES WE KNOW! We have gotten the hint in the past decade -_-

~ love is an art

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by burntheships

No one said doom and gloom, and the OP did not say doom and gloom.
Certainly not me.

You're quite right - mass extinctions are a cause for celebration

Haha, to some people the whole 2012, age of enlightenment thing is doom and gloom, while a pole shift and the whole earth getting scorched by a flare from the sun is just a thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I think it would be great to list the things that would be major problems, if there was a pole reversal.
Our technology in navigation always converts to true north, as related to the north and south pole as the center axis of the earth's rotation. That is not going to change. GPS systems do not care about magnetic north, and take bearings corrections from star alignments and earth based cesium clocks that synchronize them. Old maps may change, but we will probably always refer to the north pole as True North, even though our compasses will be pointing to the magnetic north in an opposite direction, and they will still be correct.

There will still be a magnetosphere...

I think some birds may find things a bit confusing initially.....

..... What problems do you think may crop up that will be hard to deal with if there is a magnetic pole reversal?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
No it cannot happen now, I have not got my ICS for my epic 4g touch yet.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is like what,, the 16th time i come on ats and see someone claiming ,, it´s happening right now.

See look at that video and what my opinions about that video ................

Untill we all wake up and step out of bed on the wrong side.

Enough said.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by jiggerj

So, how can a molten, bubbling, boiling, flowing, mass of liquid iron create any type of magnet field when the electrons are scattered all over the place?

I believe the fact that the molten iron is spinning answers your first question.

What do you suggest creates Earth's magnetic field?

edit on 3/23/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

I don't suggest anything. Not a clue on this topic.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It is very likely that Mars lost its atmosphere (most of it) because of its lack of a global magnetic field. But it took millions (or billions) of years for it to happen.

Phage I have a Question

as we see the Size Of Our Moon with the Comparison of moon's around Other Planets in this Solar System

as No Other Planet in this Solar system has a Moon in Great size like Our Comparison of our Earth & Moon
nothing .... say if Jupiter did the Moon would be a Least triple in size to Our Earth ... ( 3 of Our Earths )

to Keep our Magnetic Field Stable

My thought is that ;;; Our Moon pretty much Acts Like a Buffer

Libration

See Moon Animation in link
upload.wikimedia.org...

about Libration
en.wikipedia.org...

Mars may of had a similar Moon like Ours but some how it came astray

Collision with a big asteroid that took it out it Orbit or Broken Up
and the Pieces that were left became or a part of the the Asteroid belt etc..

Could be who knows just a Speculation

it may explain that big Gouge Channel on Mars and why almost no atmosphere, very weak magnetic Field
and the those 2 tiny satellites it has are the pieces of the Moon it Once Had or are they captured asteroids
as some think ..

Would this have to do something about it ?

The Moon and the Magnetotail
www.nasa.gov...

the Cause of the Pole Reversal cycle getting to the Hot Spots in our Galactic Cycle Year Spin ?

or Going through the Cycled Clouds

IBEX: Glimpses of the Interstellar Material Beyond our Solar System
www.nasa.gov...

dont forget to see the video above in the article....

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
OP I had the exact thought not long ago/

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Op thanks for the video..... watched it last night.

Very interesting how he left the simulator running only to come back and find it in the "reversal stage".

The other interesting note I took from this video is the fact on the mountain/volcano ( i think) they found the reversal speeding up (at the end) and the fact if we were witnessing the finale of the reversal the compass would move rather quickly.

When they speak of 700,000 and 200,000 years being detected (magnetic reversal)and saying we are over due for one along with the fact the core is causing the magnetic field to weaken.....makes me wonder about the other Planets activity, including the Sun.

It appears to me as though the entire Solar System is "changing". Does anyone else notice the news and how other planets and the Sun is acting weird or they are finding new evidence that suggests other bodies are experiencing change??

I like metaphysics....some don't and for the ones who don't all I can say is don't watch this long lecture.
For those of you who are into metaphysics.... watch this long lecture and tell me what you think. Its main subject has to do with the "fluff" we find ourselves traveling in as of right now in space and how it is possibly affecting everything in the Solar System. As the days pass....I wonder. Not saying I believe anything but I don't discount anything just yet. Sitting on the fence taking it all in as of now.... It's long but well worth the watch....do some laundry or something while watching it. lol

Here is the lecture....

edit on 25-3-2012 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
www.school-for-champions.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

If these 2 articles are taken together, wouldn't the loss of overall planetary magnetic field strength lead to a direct increase of planetary heat?

The spinning core of the earth creates a magnetic field, which when all of the fields generated by the spin are taken in total is at a constant level.

If the core continues to spin at the same rate, but generates less magnetic energy thereby producing a weakening of the magnetosphere, something else must be taking magnetisms place in balancing the output of the system with the input of the spin.

Wouldn't this "replacement" be an increase of global heat?

Maybe global warming has nothing to do with mankind, but is a direct result of the conservation of energy law in action.

If the total magnetic strength of the planet is constant, and just the shape/polarity of the field is what changes, then our protective magnetosphere will not be affected enough by a reversal to worry about.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by primus2012

Originally posted by primus2012
Measure for yourself each night. Polaris or The North Star can be easily found and oriented to a landmark for measurement. If Polaris moves drastically from one night to the next, then think about sticking your head in the ground, but until then, take the chill pill.

Finding Polaris

Or am I thinking you're thinking geographic pole shift? Would the geographic pole be altered by a magnetic pole flip?

Regardless, you can still use Polaris now with a compass to determine how far the magnetic pole changes daily. Find Polaris, align it to a landmark in order for you to shoot an azimuth, then count the degrees difference between north on your compass and your azimuth. 1.5 to 3 or so degree difference? Then everything is ok.

posted on Mar, 30 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

brief summary.... LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

alot of weird stuff IS going on, i just cant be sure yet.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

edit on 6-4-2012 by grubblesnert because: a test I delete test message, thanks

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Updated link:
A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field near the Solar System
space.mit.edu...

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I read some interesting information about the magnetic pole shift here: