It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Obamacare Allows You to Quit Your Job and Become 'Whatever'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Replace peasant with lawyer in the following

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

science, engineers, machine trade, unless they want to bring back the apprentice ships since well, by what my husband says, the people who are coming out of school learning that trade are rather useless anyways and you have to teach them...
I don't know, whatever we are lacking and we are lacking alot I think at the moment..

really, I'd like to see college and trade schools be free with every kid coming out of high school going into one or another and learning a skill that will keep them employed.

what the heck, the money we would save in unemployment benefits and welfare would probably provide the funds for it!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by beezzer

science, engineers, machine trade, unless they want to bring back the apprentice ships since well, by what my husband says, the people who are coming out of school learning that trade are rather useless anyways and you have to teach them...
I don't know, whatever we are lacking and we are lacking alot I think at the moment..

really, I'd like to see college and trade schools be free with every kid coming out of high school going into one or another and learning a skill that will keep them employed.

what the heck, the money we would save in unemployment benefits and welfare would probably provide the funds for it!

But nothing is "free".

I would agree if instructors taught for no pay. (Get retired folks)
The building space could be donated.
The books, paper, material purchased by the students.

Then I'd be on board.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
reply to post by Gridrebel

you're wrong???

I have experience that you are wrong!!
there's a nice big gap between being able to afford, and being poor enough to qualify....
been there done that, wasn't fun!!!

So please tell me where and how you will/would have been assisted with Obamacare? Please be specific because I would really like to know how the gap will be filled now.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

like I said, the money we would save from having people working (working people pay taxes, non working people collect benefits ) could be used to run the schools, or here an idea....you can have your colleges and universities, but then, well, invest some money for the course ware to be place online for anyone and everyone that has the desire to learn and then well, have a testing center where they can go and pay a nominal fee to prove that they have learn the required information, and if they complete the course, they can get a degree....

of course that one wouldn't work when it comes to the skilled trades, where hands on training is need....
and at the moment, there is a real need for trained machinists in this country. and well, ya, start a few more wars, get a few more countries ticked off at us.....destroy the dollar a little more, and well....lose our trading partners, and think that all those manufacturing jobs will come flocking back....
guess what, most of the machinists are reaching retirement age, and there is no one to replace them...without the machinists well, there is no way we could gear up this country to produce much of anything again!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

I'm not a fan of obama care, it's just a nice big handout to the insurance companies, a nice hostage consumer base for them to feed off them....
I've watched the interactions of the gov't and the healthcare industry for over a decade about now, and got to tell ya something...watch for yourself the next time the gov't makes a move, betcha you will see the same thing...
the gov't will expand this or that program to help more people get service...and two things will happen shortly afterwards...
one, all the be upper management in the insurance companies will get big, really big raises and bonuses,
two....they will announce a nice big premium raise....
but they will alway make sure that there is always someone in need....just so they can justify the next big cash infusion into the system...

that's why I say, either take my money out, or make sure every one is in!

edit on 23-3-2012 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
More like PeLOLosi

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

You didn't really answer my question. Please tell me how Obamacare would fill in the "Gap". I don't see how it could but I would like to know what you know. Please be specific. Tell me exactly how the people that were in that "gap" will now be helped. I have also been in that "gap". Fortunately, I have been mostly healthy and paid my own medical bills as they arrived. Couldn't afford insurance, my job didn't/doesn't supply. Still so today. To just pretend that we will all be covered in the universal health pot together is naive.
edit on 23-3-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Obama/Romneycare not only solidifies for-profit health insurance companies but provides them with millions of healthy customers by force! Healthcare should be free to all citizens. Period. Currently the govt is spending trillions of OUR money on genocidal wars of aggression, new aircraft carriers, funding warmongering, foreign regimes, etc. How can some of you tear your hair out demanding an end to "entitlements" for the old, sick and poor yet remain silent on war spending plus trillions given to the ultra rich?

This extreme selfish trend of "I got mine, screw you, go die" has no place in a developed society. This is not "Mad Max" country yet it seems many here would want it to be.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   

thought it did, but guess maybe I didn't..so here I go again???

it might help you or me, maybe both, but I would bet ten to one that it won't help everyone that needs the help...
there will always be a need somewhere, and I would go further to say that even if it helps you or me, well, those people that are still out of the loop will have resources taken out of their income to pay for our help. resources that who knows might have been needed to put food on the table, or buy the medicine someone in their family needs, or whatever.....
you can say that obamacare is unconstitutional for various reasons, and debate them forever. but to me it seems that everyone, conservative or liberal, would be quick to say that it is wrong to take the food from one child's mouth and turn around and give it to another!! and this seems to be what they are doing...
the people who are truly in that gap, well, they are struggling, they were struggling before the recession/depression hit, they are struggling now. one thing is for sure is that they will have to struggle that much harder if they have to buy insurance for their family, and pay more taxes to fund the program.

obamacare is just a handout to the insurance companies, which well run a ponzi scheme. they are gonna force people who are barely able to pay the rent, buy their groceries, and put gas in their car to take part in this ponzi scheme. and since they are barely making it now, will be less able to after they pay for the insurance, well, they more than likely will be less able to take even close to full advantage of our healthcare system.....they will never hit that deductable, unless something near catastrophic comes into play, and so, the money they put into the system will be used to provide someone, a little better off then they are to get the medical treatment they want or need.

even if it did help me get out of that gap, I wouldn't want them to do it that way! it's just feeding the ever growing beast that is already demanding so much of our resources that it's causing us to be a dysfunctional mess! we can't afford the healthcare, businesses can't afford the healthcare, the gov't can't afford the healthcare!!!

so yes, let's force everyone to pay!!!
ya, that's gonna work!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
They are called starving artists for a reason and it has nothing to do with medical coverage.

Go, leave your job where you contribute to the system and join the freeloaders sponging off the government. It's ok its safer over there now because you get medical coverage. If medical coverage was the only obstacle from you turning full blown welfare bum, then this is your golden age.

Starving artists they may be, however without them our world would be terrifyingly dull. "Contributing" to anything is a matter of perspective.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
The AMA is a BUSINESS unit first and foremost, it's job is to make sure only highly profitable 'treatments' remain used regardless of how damaging or ineffective the are. When 'health science' is built on a fraud in the first place and we have swindles like 'Obamacare' to 'fix' the 'problem, reaction, solution, one can pump all of the additonal sought after billions one wants into the profit machine and you won't see the average life span increasing at all or people becoming any 'healthier'.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I served on the USS Dixon with her son, Tom Pelosi.

Tom, give me a call man, we need to talk!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join