It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi: Obamacare Allows You to Quit Your Job and Become 'Whatever'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Pelosi: Obamacare Allows You to Quit Your Job and Become 'Whatever'

Well here She goes again !!

Repeat repeat repeat ....

I think I remember her saying similar things in the past.

This time, She actually thinks "this is what our founders had in mind"

I wonder if she Really believes that ?

By Elizabeth Harrington
March 22, 2012

(CNSNews.com) – House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday that Obamacare facilitates the type of “liberation” that the “Founders had in mind” because it allows you to quit your job and become a “photographer,” a “writer,” a “musician”--or “whatever.”

“As you hear from these stories, this is a liberation,” Pelosi said at a Capitol Hill news conference Thursday.

“This is what our founders had in mind--ever expanding opportunity for people.

“You want to be a photographer or a writer or a musician, whatever -- an artist, you want to be self-employed, if you want to start a business, you want to change jobs, you no longer are prohibited from doing that because you can’t have access to health care, especially because you do not want to put your family at risk,” she said.

The Article and Video !

Was THAT the best She Could come up with ??

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Not only do I dislike this lady deeply. She is giving the state of California a bad name. 'Whatever' why am I not surprised this women would say such a thing. We seriously need a new California representative. Get her the hell out of Washington...
edit on 22-3-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Becoming an artist is a dream of mine. I'm unemployed stuck between two jobs, wal-mart and now Lowes. I'm only 20 years old and don't have health insurance. I think obamacare sounds nice according to this thread, only 2 more years right?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jakupairs

I am 31 and don't have health insurance.

That fact doesn't make me feel like you should pay for it though. People seem to forget, the government doesn't have a single dime that it gives out that it hasn't taken (stolen through threat) from somebody else.

Nothing from the government is free and it is not just "rich people" that pay the bill.

Government isn't charity, it is force. Force should never be used for charity. The ends do not justify the means.
edit on 22-3-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I do wish we could "do whatever" and add to the world. I was a decent artist back in high school took it every semester during junior high and high school. Loved doing the art, the history not so much

I do think this lady should check out Western State or whatever mental hospital she is closest to. I mean if regular people started talking the way she does, they would be hospitalized no questions asked.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for OBamacare, it will most likely be shot down before it is implemented due to cost.

(NaturalNews) According to new spending projections issued by the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), the costs associated with implementing Obamacare over the next ten years are more than double what the Obama Administration claimed when first pushing for its passage. Through 2022, the gross spending requirements for the federal government to fully implement this progressive form of universal healthcare in the U.S. are an astounding $1.76 trillion dollars, also written as $1,760,000,000,000.

Learn more: www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sageofmonticello

true dat.
This government is so corrupt I feel like I can't get anywhere. Young people like me are struggling hard. I'm already 2,000 in debt because I've gone to the docter, like three times. It isn't fair!
I wanna grow up and be "whatever"

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by KonquestAbySS

Not only do I dislike this lady deeply. She is giving the state of California a bad name. '

California most certainly doesnt need her in order to give it a bad name. That state has been the most unbelievably asinine state WAAAY before she made an appearance there.

The state of California is a joke on so many levels that it is frighteningly sad.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Wow!! Quitting my job and becoming self employed was my only option when my son became really ill. I wasn't just living off the government though. Or "draining the economy."
It was the best decision I ever made! And I make more now than I did before, working much less hours.

What an ingoramous.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jakupairs
Becoming an artist is a dream of mine. I'm unemployed stuck between two jobs, wal-mart and now Lowes. I'm only 20 years old and don't have health insurance. I think obamacare sounds nice according to this thread, only 2 more years right?

Lowes has no insurance ?

Unless you are redlined at part time ?

You might qualify for food stamps and Medicaid.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

true dat.
This government is so corrupt I feel like I can't get anywhere. Young people like me are struggling hard. I'm already 2,000 in debt because I've gone to the docter, like three times. It isn't fair!

well,

do you have a plan to change the corrupt government ?

Did any schooling teach you how to stop corrupt government ?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I believe you have to be there for a whole year. I tried working at wally world for 7.25 but could not afford it financially or mentally lol. And I am looking into food stamps and such.. Would be nice if I could get some help from this crazy government, cause I just spend almost 200 dollars to get my money back from taxes!!

Oh yeah, and a 80 dollar sticker to put on my liscenes plate!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Fantastic!

Now what do I want to be ....

Not a Liberal

"This is what our founders intended." WTF

How the hell would she know? She, through her voting record has in essence used the Constitution as toilet paper.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I believe you have to be there for a whole year. I tried working at wally world for 7.25 but could not afford it financially or mentally lol. And I am looking into food stamps and such.. Would be nice if I could get some help from this crazy government, cause I just spend almost 200 dollars to get my money back from taxes!!

Oh yeah, and a 80 dollar sticker to put on my liscenes plate!

Welcome to life !!

The future of the country is in your hands !!

""I believe you have to be there for a whole year""

You "believe" ? My God, dont you know ?

edit on Mar-22-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello

I am 31 and don't have health insurance.

That fact doesn't make me feel like you should pay for it though. People seem to forget, the government doesn't have a single dime that it gives out that it hasn't taken (stolen through threat) from somebody else.

Nothing from the government is free and it is not just "rich people" that pay the bill.

Government isn't charity, it is force. Force should never be used for charity. The ends do not justify the means.
edit on 22-3-2012 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

Well said...

Personnal responsibility is just as it sounds.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

I hear you on that, I worked at a wal mart and won't step foot in unless I have to (which I had on a couple of occasions) I don't take my frustration out on anyone on the call floor though. Its management I had issues with.
I am so glad I don't work their anymore.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Lol "welcome to life" thats what my mom says. I never expected it to be so expensive, i'm afraid it will break me

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Life is designed to break you and turn you into a slave to the government.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

true dat.

I hear ya... I had kidney stones last year and feel like the ER bills are never gonna get paid off. Being unemployed doesn't help me much. The more the government gets involved the harder it gets for honest people just to stay off the streets. Monetary inflation is a killer.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
Life is designed to break you and turn you into a slave to the government.

Only if you allow it.

Better yet, why not try to make life work for you...rather than the other way around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join