It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Agency Rules Pepsi's Use of Aborted Fetal Cells in Soft Drinks Constitutes 'Ordinary Busines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenongod
Oh come on, might as well drink/eat babies, because we are eating humans already in the form of "Pink Slime" that you find in processed meats. Again, another topic that keeps pointing to what I have been trying to relay. We are being fattened up by additives and sweeteners, molded by the hormones and lifestyles to become cattle. Xenongod

Wait a minute, is Pink Slime using aborted fetuses too? Please clarify.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

There are no fetuses involved anywhere in any food industry. There are immortal cell culture lines (which are grown as cells, not harvested from fetuses) involved in testing of Pepsi products, as well as a huge number of other substances. The most famous of these is the HeLa line, derived from Henrietta Lacks in 1951, used by Jonas Salk to test the polio vaccine.
From Wikipedia:

An immortalised cell line is a population of cells from a multicellular organism which would normally not proliferate indefinitely but, due to mutation, have evaded normal cellular senescence and instead can keep undergoing division. The cells can therefore be grown for prolonged periods in vitro. The mutations required for immortality can occur naturally or be intentionally induced for experimental purposes. Immortal cell lines are an important tool for research into the biochemistry and cell biology of multicellular organisms. Immortalised cell lines have also found uses in biotechnology. An immortalised cell line should not be confused with stem cells which can also divide indefinitely but form a normal part of development of multicellular organism.

The cell line in question here (HEK293) was originated in the 1970s, originally using cells from the kidneys of an aborted fetus. You can read all about it here. Additionally, an interesting fact regarding these cell lines. Immortal cell lines, when found in a living human, are referred to as cancer, and are a leading cause of death.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
“There is nothing ethical or appropriate in the way they are exploiting the remains of an innocent aborted child.”

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
so what does this mean...

. If passed, S.B. 1418 would also reportedly ban the sale of any products that contain flavor chemicals derived from human fetal tissue, which includes Pepsi products as well as products produced by Kraft and Nestle

it appears that there are 2 statements being made....the other is that pepsi is useing a 'cell line culture' to establish how human tatse receptors will like the tatse....hmmmmmmmm, how does one figure out what a dead cell likes?? to me this seems like standard company double talk..........................

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
if drinking something that was made with aborted fetus cells is "normal," i'm glad to be a weirdo. :S

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by clearmind

My guess is that there would be a certain electrical activity that they could measure.
Obviously it's not going to say it likes sucrose more than fructose, or anything like that lol.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

I am never drinking Pepsi again....

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I am never drinking Pepsi again....

i've only just heard about this issue and i'm glad that i've never been a fan of fizzy pop,

its unbelievably wrong and opens up a whole list of questions for me, like what are the aborted fetal cells labelled as in the ingredients? What other food is it in as i don't for one second believe its only pepsi doing this.... so so so many questions....

when i read about this subject on naturalnews.com a couple of days ago i mentioned it to my work friends, including a knowledgeable chap called Martin who was at our workplace conducting a 1 day training course, i was stupidly thinking that they might actually see the seriousness of it but instead one guy said to me ''nobody wants to hear, especially when you come out with such ridiculous statements as that'', but Martin butted in and told him that it was true, this then spurned the other guy to say ''ok fair enough, but their not really using babies because a fetus isn't really anything''

i was lost for words, i myself believe a baby is a baby right from conception, but even if another person thinks that a fetus isn't really anything i still don't understand how they could think its still ok to put them into our food? they don't even ask why, the lack of caring and questioning abilities in some people scares the hell out of me - almost as much as the fact that i could have at some point drank this myself....

i wan't to feel positive about our future but its getting so hard..... people just don't want to know

we can only keep trying our best

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Bloody hell, this world gets more like a horror film every year.

What the hell is going on with these people?

'To tell if the flavour is right'?

I suppose actual living taste testers aren't Mary Shelley enough for Pepsi.

No more Bloody Pepsi for me then.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mark1167

I have asked the same question-WHY-
There are many products with aborted kids in them.
Sick country we have become.
SELL YOUR SOUL AND DRINK AND EAT KIDS.
Feds love how dumb we are and shove it in our face whenever they can- it sure makes them happy to see pepsi drinking christians at church outtings.
Its a broken natural law, and these people should be delt with, do u know where they live??the ceo? then post it.

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm outraged ! I wanna be outraged ! this is outrageous !! don't bother me with facts I'm on a roll !!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
i've just realised this thread is in the Hoax forum...... does anybody know why?

i'm confused now

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Maybe it's because Pepsi isn't using aborted fetal cells in soft drinks after all. Did you miss ShadeWolf's post further up the page?

You know, I only came here to see what impossible things people were believing today.

posted on Mar, 19 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Ya know.. I'm against abortion but for arguments sake..

I'd rather welcome baby tissue in my soft drinks compared to some of the other nasty chemicals they are putting in foods. At least we know the stuff is organic and know what it's made of, how it breaks down and how it affects the human body - we cant say that about a lot of the other chemicals...

Surprises me the things people pick and choose to get upset about when there is a larger issue staring them in the face they refuse to see.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

hi, no i didn't see miss shadewolfs reply, thanks for directing me to it, but the original cell line still came from a human being, and what disturbs me the most is the thought process the likes of these corporations go down,

i mean, what normal person in their right mind would ever even consider putting something like that in our food?

what person in their right mind thinks, i know, we'll replicate the cell line (that was discovered during research on an aborted child) and put it into food to make people think that what they are eating tastes really good?

why on earth don't they spend more time making their food and drinks delicious tasting because they do actually taste good and are made from natural grown healthy ingredients?

anyway, this isn't a dig at you and thanks again for pointing out the previous post as it explained a lot to me,

take care

top topics

<< 1   >>

join