It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien tripods about to emerge from under ground? :D

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
First of, don't take this too seriously, it's just an idea. Since all the hysteria about these sounds and booms from inside the earth (see this thread and article) started spreading all over the internet, almost no one came up with an idea of Alien Tripods getting ready to emerge!
We all watched a movie "War of the worlds" wich introduced us with alien tripods emerging from beneath the ground ready to enslave humanity and there is a book on it from 1898 by Orson Welles which caused nation wide panic in US in 1938.

^Ancient Kraken to be actual alien tripod miss-presented. Anyone?

I don't believe in this 'theory' but I was simply bored and want to hear your thoughts on this one.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Good theory.
A couple other ideas... Maybe when the hole was made in Antarctica it release pressure and the noises are tons and tons of water rushing underground...

Maybe theres an elite war and bunkers are being busted underground....

Maybe it's a giant rock worm... Gears of war anyone?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I don't find this type of post to be worth people's time on ATS...

Especially not in fragile earth?

Usually when I'm bored, I walk away from the keyboard, not towards it, but that's just me.

~Namaste

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Afraidnomore

Now if gears of war turned reality we'd be in for some problems.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
For those who don't know what gears of war is even though I don't know how that's possible.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
i like an interesting far-out theory,
if something creates such a loud noise from underground, wouldn't there be more shaking and damage?
I haven't done any research on the sounds other than the video clips and peoples comments.

it's strange how different monstors from different tales often look the same.

reply to post by Brandon88

the ones who don't know the gears of war series are the lucky ones.
story is ok but gameplay movement shooting is aweful.
but yes i agree, if that were a reality, most of the population apart from the people with incredibly unessecary large muscles and typical marine personality would die.

to the poster below my post: you may have missed the first line of the OP, here it is for you.

Originally posted by Fichorka
First of, don't take this too seriously, it's just an idea

edit on 22/3/2012 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Wow dude you're kind of stupid.

The book was written by HG Wells.

It was later turned into a radio broadcast, talking about a Martian invasion. Only every fifteen minutes or so would they come on and say "This is not real, this is a story." People heard bits and pieces of it and got frightened, one man killed himself and his family.

Get your facts straight, seriously. A simple search would've yielded these same results. And no, no Martian tripods are coming from the ground. That's not even how it happens in the book, at all.

Sigh...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by RomeByFire

It was later turned into a radio broadcast, talking about a Martian invasion. Only every fifteen minutes or so would they come on and say "This is not real, this is a story." People heard bits and pieces of it and got frightened, one man killed himself and his family.

Get your facts straight, seriously. A simple search would've yielded these same results. And no, no Martian tripods are coming from the ground. That's not even how it happens in the book, at all.

Sigh...
Posts like this concern me, kids get home from school and get to start calling everyone names on the internet. EThugs I say! Go play Call of Duty or something.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It's the creatures from Tremors

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Morpheas

now that is the best theory.
so all we need is dynamite and some string.

best bit. "There under the ground!"

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

I thought it was okay just liked the overall atmosphere of the game, wouldn't be my first choice out of games though. More of a first person shooter, over the shoulder gets annoying and repetitive when playing.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Why do you feel the need to personally ATTACK someone for an idea? Thats not DENYING IGNORANCE

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by listerofsmeg

That's one of my favorite scenes also.

Broke into the wrong gd rec room.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Fichorka

You don't want to hear my thoughts on your "Theory"
No. You don't.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Here is an idea whats cousing them.....Spacequake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Everything is possible.

And by the way I think that you are the stupid here.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
that was funny........

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I find mettling Gears of war in this idea unenecessary, however thanks for replying

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne
I don't find this type of post to be worth people's time on ATS...

Why? What's wrong with the post? The idea represented in the post is debatable, weather it is worth reading or not. I think it is worth reading. It is the product of imagination with some facts. Scenario is possible - aliens emerging from the ground burried beneath for millions of years wating for the right moment. It is possible since the Illuminati, the one who controls Hollywood could represent it's ideas through movies such as war of the worlds. Orson Welles radio show was perhaps a test to see how the general population will react. Just think about it! It could be used as the totalitarian tiptoe towards a NWO! So, in the end, alien tripods might be man-made machines. who knows...

Originally posted by RomeByFire

Sigh...

Calling me stupid for what actually? Yea I wrote the wrong author - Orson Welles instead of HG welles Mother of god sory! And if you have read what I actually wrote you could understand what 'm talking about! I never mentioned Marsian invasion from the underground, I simply referred to alien tripods mentioned in that book.
edit on 23/3/2012 by Fichorka because: (no reason given)

top topics

join