It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Me and my friends played Amnesia for the first time...We lost our manhood.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

We turned off the lights, the room was completely dark and we also turned up the volume. It was also late at night..and I gotta say, this is the most scariest video game out there in this generation. HANDS down.

Enjoy our reaction video

edit on 22-3-2012 by HazyChestNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Funny that this thread popped up today. I tried to get a friend to play it last night, unfortunately, he has quite a short attention span and spent most of the rough hour he played throwing books and various other items around.

I on the other hand had the absolute crap scared out of me. I love these sort of atmospheric horror games, and the fact that you rarely see the creature following you, and never once get a clear look at it adds to the scare value.

Definitely not one for the feint hearted. If you enjoyed Amnesia, you should try the Penumbra trilogy made by the same developers. It's very similar in game play, but there are a few more enemies, and you can eventually kill them, though it's still much better to just hide and wait the encounter out.

Quite a good story too.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Very reminiscent of the Thief series of games.
It is nice when you can get so involved in a game that it actually scares the carp out of you.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
What is the concept of this game?
I would absolutly be hunting the creature/s myself, if I cannot kill it/them I would do anything to hinder and mess with it/them.

Can you get caught, if so what happens and what do you see?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

Basically, when you see a monster the only thing you can do is either run or hide...you can't kill the monsters.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

You know I remember a guy I used to work with talking about this game. We were talking about scariest games around, games such as silent hill, resident evil, and a bunch of others. And since he played them all, this is the game he said was the scariest and most interesting concept and experience he ever had in any video-game or pretty much any scary freaky experience ever.

This game is on my list of games to play, but probably wont because I have things to do and other things on my mind. But yes one of these days I got to get a copy, enclose myself in my room, turn off all the lights shut all the blinders and immerse myself in it. I'f I can get some others to play with me like the people in the vid did i't will probably make the game more fun.

They should do more these types of games, I like the concept. In most games your a killing machine and even the weirdest and biggest of baddy out there, you know that you can take it down even if you die over and over, but from what i heard in this game your basically defenseless there is no mission to speak of, you just have to kind of learn whats going on by picking up clues in the game world and your soundings and basically the point of the game is to survive.

Your basically like a rabbit, like others have said your only option is avoid all the monsters in the game, or run like hell when you encounter one. I am not even sure you can kill the monsters or if you can it ain't easy since you have no weapons what so ever from what I heard.

They should definitely make more games like Amnesia.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I too just tried this game for the first time about a month ago. What i like is that the game was made by like only three men i believe. Its pretty damn creepy playing this alone.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by LerroyJenkins

Three people!? That's pretty hard to believe haha. Anyone here played Dear Esther? The developers that made Dear Esther and Amnesia are teaming up to make the Amnesia sequel. machine for pigs

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Saweeeet! I played and beat amnesia not to long ago and man, that was a heart pounding game. I would wear my $200+ headphones (Sennheiser's) have the lights off, and just indulge in the games atmosphere. That has to be my favorite part about it, the sounds of the mansion. Walking around and then hearing footsteps, or scratches on the wall. The dynamic sounds in the game is pro. Kept on looking behind my IRL lol. Will definitely be buying what ever Frictional Games will be producing in the future. And nice video OP,

top topics

join