It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of pet ghosts, no pet ghost, and grieving.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
My 7 year old FLV cat died 2 weeks ago. I have felt bouncing on my bed several times, as if she had jumped up onto it.
Years ago now, My all time favorite dog died at age 15. It was 1 year and 3 days later when one nite I had awakened about 2 AM and was just lying there when I had this weird feeling and there was like Static in the air and then I felt a weight on the bed and heard panting. I looked and it was my beloved dog. I pulled him up on the bed, hugged him; he was warm and I ran my fingers thru his hair as I told him I loved him and was so sorry that I didn't know how to help him when he was dying. It seemed he was there about an hour, then he got down and lay by the window. I was thinking, "wouldn't my son be surprized if he should come walking out with me in the morning?" This was so real that I looked for hair on the bed the next day.

wow, just wow.
see, they are still around. I'm so sure they will be there when we go.
so many great stories on this thread.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

you know, it does seem like there are more cat stories than dog stories.
I wonder why that is.

although I can state (off topic a bit) that I felt my husband hug me shortly after he left, trying to comfort me I suppose. Sure the mind can make up amazing stuff, but the proof seems to be in what we see, feel and hear.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

I'm sorry you had to go through the passing of your own little girl, but just as the rest of us will some day be reunited with our own animals, you will see her again! Many years ago at the age of nineteen, I had my own experience in which I died on an operating table and got to see the "other side". I won't trouble you with the details except to say there are animals there too, and our own deceased pets will be there to greet us along with any family members who have crossed over. I didn't want to come back to this life, but I was told it wasn't my time yet!
Every once in a while as my wife and I are downstairs watching tv, we will hear the patter of our dogs' feet on the floor above us, and sometimes we even catch a glimpse of one out of the corners of our eyes. The two dogs we have now used to bark at the sounds coming from upstairs, but now they just go to the bottom of the stairs with tails wagging as though greeting a family member. It was only a couple of weeks ago when my wife watched Cookie our little female Beagle who passed almost five years ago, walk through the curtains separating the laundry room from the tv room, before disappearing again. We don't know how our departed pets can visit so often, but we are definately blessed by their being able to do so! Perhaps it has something to do with the different mineral deposits in the surrounding area where we live, since there's also other things that happen in the house.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I don't know if this quite fits in with this thread but I still want to say it.

My dog is still alive. Though he is getting to his last days. He is 16 now and dying with cancer. The vet said he is too old for treatment but he is not suffering so there is no need to put him down...If he starts suffering...Well, we will cross that road when we get to it.

I got him when I was 8 years old and he was 6 weeks old.So we grew up together. Became men together. He helped me through some astonishingly tough times and I returned the favor as best I could.

When I first saw him, in that box with all his little brothers and sisters...I didn't just want him... I some how knew I was meant to get him... I know that sounds weird, but it's the truth...

I just knew...We were supposed to get him... I don't know why..But I have not been sorry that we got him...

I love him to death.... and...When he goes... I admit...I hope he comes to visit me... I truly hope he does....

I have even talked to him...Yes, I know he can't speak English...But sometimes I feel like animals can understand you on some level or another...At least to a small extent... I told him....Please visit me...and to be there waiting for me...when it is my turn to go....

If he ever does visit me after he dies, I promise, ATS will know about it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Believe me OhZone, your visit was real! Several weeks ago my wife was reading in bed, when she felt Joey our late Springer, jump up and lay down with his back against her's just as he used to do. Without thinking she moved her hand over to give him a scratch, but he was gone again.
Visitations involving our departed animal and human loved ones are real! My late mother had a visit from my father who had passed on six months earlier. They actually sat on the edge of the bed and spoke for about five to ten minutes before Dad said he had to go. They hugged once more before Dad turned around and was gone.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
At one time I would have scoffed at the idea of Ghosts or even Ghosts of Pets...but I can't deny what my own eyes have seen.

I am keenly aware of the Physics that within a Multiversal State....make a persons mind have the ability to access either another consciousness in an Alternate Universal Divergent State...and there is also the possibility that Concious Thought by People or Animals may be actually RECORDED in a Home or Place that is built of or on certain types of Geologic Material....sort of a Home built over a large deposit of Quartz or Granite....supposedly thought can be recorded just like audio on a Magnetic tape...like a tape recorder. This tends to lend itself to a Ghost playing out a Recording of the same action and not in an intelligent haunt.

I had something happen to me...when I was a HUGE SKEPTIC...even as young as I was...that changed my whole perspective on things. As far as animals...I have had a few Cats pass on recently and I can see them running infront of my feet on rare occasion.

I know the difference between your eyes playing tricks with you as well as your mind and I am a Trained Observer for a JOB....I do on occasion. I also renovated a room in my home to be much larger and shortly after all sorts of things started happening....but I do not worry about Ghosts...it is the living a person must watch out for. Split Infinity

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by horseplay

Originally posted by MisterFister103
reply to post by horseplay

Powerful stuff.

I hope to one day be reunited with my dog, and any dog I have in the future. An afterlife without your animals, is not an afterlife I'd want to be a part of.

precisely !
ever seen that twilight zone where the old man and his dog die ? Hell tries to trick him but he refuses to go without his dog.... great episode. I believe he even says something like 'heaven ain't no place I wanna go if I can't take my dog...'

Yup, that's one of the 2 or 3 episodes I've see of that show, and it struck a chord with me.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Bkrmn

I've thought about it before, but it's never happened. I'd really like to see her again, but I'm not in tune with the spirit world, I've never seen a single ghost in my life. I wish she would at least make her presence known to someone, it would make me feel better about it. The day we put her down, we felt it was the right thing to do, but ever since then I've had doubts that it really was. Everyone says she was suffering but you never really know how bad it actually was. At least for me, I would be okay with dealing with some pains when I go upstairs or go to the bathroom than be put to sleep. Those last precious moments with your loved ones mean a lot more than the bodily pain you feel at times.

Thank you for your kind words, I love hearing NDEs. I have found solace in yours by the fact that you say there were animals.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

Man, I feel your pain! Even though I know I'll be with my own dogs again, I still grieve their not being with me! I know it's difficult for you right now, and it will be for some time to come, but you did the right thing by ending your little girl's suffering. Unlike ourselves, most times our pets will suffer in silence, unless we happen to accidently touch the area of their hurt. When someone gets a gut feeling that it's time to end their little one's suffering, due to the deep love and the psychic bond they have for each other, it's their pet desperately trying to let them know it's time. Did you ever notice that whenever you were having a "bad day", your dog would be out of sorts also? Or if you weren't feeling well she might have stuck a little closer to you? Even now she feels your pain and is saddened because of it, because when you decided it was time to do what had to be done, she knew it was out of the wonderful love you had for her. I know it won't be easy right now, but instead of suffering this needless guilt, try thinking of the good times you shared, and she'll be happier too!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Have you ever noticed that sometimes no matter how hard you try to sneak out of the house without him, he will beat you to the door? He knows from your demeanor whether or not you are pleased, just as he will know when you may not be feeling well. I'm sure you can tell when your dog isn't feeling well either. Your dog has certain senses that we humans lost when we no longer had to hunt or brouse for food, or had to watch out for animals that were hunting us for the same reason. Even your dog letting you know when he needs to go out, is a form of communication. I'm no expert on the psychology of dogs, and can only speak from what I've observed over the years.
During a visit my mother had from my father about six months after he crossed over, he told her he was on his way to visit his parents. He said they and Tina were in the best of health and loving their new lives! Tina is my grandparents' little Pekingese who used to snap at me when I was a child if I got too close when she was on my grandmother's lap! On the other side, your's and your dog's thoughts are how you will communicate.
Try not to dwell too much on the inevitable, but instead try to enjoy every single day you have with your animal friends! They sure do have a certain way of making a bad day better!

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I tried making a post here but erased it because I've got too much of my eccentric ramblings all over ATS anyway. Just accept my condolences on beloved pets lost or about to be parted and rest assured the dogs go on same as the cats. Grief does seem to be a barrier to communication between their next world and ours. I don't experience them as ghosts, except one incident I'm still puzzling over, but I've learned there are other ways they continue to wield influence on us, like helping to set us up with our next pet if we are open to it. And that's enough out of me on the subject. Bless you all for caring and loving our animal friends so much and giving them love and care while they are here.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I lost 2 dogs the first one in I think january 2010 and the other one in june 2011 I beleive it was. The one we lost in January he had cancer for a year or two and I've seen him three times. It was my call to put him down only because he was just starting his decline. Whenever anybody would come to the door he would run to the steps and howl "hello" to whoever was coming in.

Well the last 3 or 4 days before we were scheduled to have him put to sleep he was laying by my moms chair and wouldn't move from there all day and when somebody would come in he would lay there and bark at whoever came in.,

Anyway my first encounter with him is when we found out my dad was going to have heart surgery. It was a dream and when I saw him he was really mad at me and I'm not entirely sure why but If I remember correctly I think he understood why we put him down. And everything was fine.

The second time he was friendly and we were playing and the same with the third time. I haven't seen or heard anything from him lately though.

Our other dog I haven't had a dream or anything at all about her that I can remember. But she died suddenly I think and it was during the night. I was actually taking a test (which went badly) and I called my mom to come get me and my mom told me they found her dead in her bed.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I have not experience my own animals' deaths yet, however I can tell you I have a residual haunt of a cat walking in my current house. We live on post on an Army base, I have 2 cats, and when they sleep in bed with me, I hear a 3rd cat in the hallway, pawing at the door. I am definitely not mistaken in this, both of my cats sleep in bed with me and there's no way it was them. The chihuahua has her own pen/bed so it wasn't her either. So maybe cats DO come back more often? 9 lives and all that.

My mother had a dog named Moesha who drowned in her pool, the dog was blind and the pool was indoor/in ground. Moe fell in one halloween night. Well one night I was visiting and her current dog, Wednesday, started to rub all over her pillow just like she would when Moesha was in the bed with her. So maybe Wednesday saw her and we didn't, we just saw the effect of it all.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I gave this account elsewhere on ATS as a possible example of a time anomaly, but for a week or two a few months ago we were haunted by a copy of one of my current living cats. It was just a short time but my daughter and I were seeing this copy running around the house or sitting and keeping my daughter company. But we could not seem to see it looking directly at it. We could only make it out if we looked to the side of where we perceived it to be. Our cats including the living look alike didn't seem to see or acknowledge it. It was just me and my daughter. The color, movements and habits were a twin of our live cat, whose location and activities were always accounted for when the copy was around. I can't tell if it was a spirit or a time anomaly because we have a recurring problem in this house of all the sounds of my husband leaving for work or arriving home from work seeming to get stored up somehow and played back shortly after he leaves or before he is due to arrive. It is very confusing around here sometimes! The atmosphere of the house always feel weird when the sound anomalies occur and such was the case when the phantom cat was around.

At that time I was also lying in bed reading when I felt a cat and heard and felt the vibrations of purring but no cat was around except for one lying elsewhere in the room. That cat did not act like anything was amiss and she is usually very protective and somehow always comes in snarling and alert when I have sleep paralysis scares. So if there was a ghost, it was either of a cat she knew and trusted, or it was another weird time thing that the cats don't seem to notice.

When we first moved to this house I thought I used to see a little ghost of a kitty running around. My cats used to chase it, once chasing it and coming up very perplexed and dismayed when it ran through a wall. I was experiencing other paranormal things here at the time, some of them very scary. I don't think that cat sighting and the more recent one of the twin of my current cat are related since the looks and behaviore seem different, but who knows.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanna

When my dad was in the army and he and my mom lived in Army housing they ran into residual hauntings a couple of times. The army housing gets used by so many families and hold energy from so many occupants, that I'm not surprised to read your story.

posted on Mar, 25 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

When my mother took her last breath, there was a blood-curdling screech from the living room and her cat "kitty-baby" came tearing into the room desperately trying to scramble onto the bed where my mother lay. It took myself and the nurse combined to restrain her from the bed. She knew exactly when mom passed and wanted to be with her. I think there is a psychic link between us and our pets and noone can tell me differently.I also have a friend who sees cats. I dont see them ,well,only out of the corner of my eye ,but she sees a black cat at my house almost every visit.I must have been 17 when my first loss of a pet soul-mate occurred .And yes;she was black. I cant explain it but maybe sometimes they just come back to say hello. I love you.and you are not alone.

posted on Mar, 26 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

When my little dog Copper passed away it felt like my heart was ripped out and I cried my eyes out when me and my ex wife went to see his little body in the vets (he had a heart attack). when we went home we sat downstairs in her house taliking about all the daft, funny and lovable things he used to do. suddenly we heard a noise just like when he used to jump off the bed and we both heard him running from the bedroom to the top of stairs. many times after that we could hear him running around the house, but this always stopped when we called his name and gradualy we stopped hearing him at all. I always liked to belive he stayed with us for a while before going somewhere else and is probably having a grand old time

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yes! That Twilight Zone story was a good one. I liked how he said if the dog can't go there, then I won't either.
As for ghost cats, or whatever it was, about eight years ago, I was working nights and came home around midnite, and I saw what I would of sworn was a huge black panther, with eyes reflecting the headlights, standing in the yard near our oil tank. It stood there looking at me for a few seconds, then just disappeared. I've liked cats for many years, and have one now, and just wonder if what I saw was my guardian animal. I've read accounts of totem animals that will guard the person and their surroundings.

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I don't know if this quite fits in with this thread but I still want to say it.

My dog is still alive. Though he is getting to his last days. He is 16 now and dying with cancer. The vet said he is too old for treatment but he is not suffering so there is no need to put him down...If he starts suffering...Well, we will cross that road when we get to it.

I got him when I was 8 years old and he was 6 weeks old.So we grew up together. Became men together. He helped me through some astonishingly tough times and I returned the favor as best I could.

When I first saw him, in that box with all his little brothers and sisters...I didn't just want him... I some how knew I was meant to get him... I know that sounds weird, but it's the truth...

I just knew...We were supposed to get him... I don't know why..But I have not been sorry that we got him...

I love him to death.... and...When he goes... I admit...I hope he comes to visit me... I truly hope he does....

I have even talked to him...Yes, I know he can't speak English...But sometimes I feel like animals can understand you on some level or another...At least to a small extent... I told him....Please visit me...and to be there waiting for me...when it is my turn to go....

If he ever does visit me after he dies, I promise, ATS will know about it.

A sad update to my previous post...My old dog died a little while ago. 16 great years together...I miss him already...I hope he is there to meet me when it is my turn to go...

I admit, I hope some day I get a visit from him...Some how...

His name is Binky. I got through many tough times in my life because of him...The first in my life to love me unconditionally. I love him too. Always.

I suspect that now, he is more alive than ever...But I miss him.

edit on 28-3-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I am so sorry for your seperation from beloved Binky. The vet gave my cat a cortizone shot and thought his hind legs might have arthritis. He's only 9 years old, and every day, he looks a little thinner than before. I really think he is on his way out. Every chance I get, I try and spoil him more than normal. I was told by the vet a couple years ago, his poor kidney health would shorten his life.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join